Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm trying, and failing, to grasp the relevance of this information.

Eh. It can be relevant in that the media has been portraying him, let's say, in a much better light than he's earned. It seemed to be sensationalism for the sake of inciting utmost outrage.

His arrest record IS NOT relevant to case against those police officers or any kind of justification for it or any sense that it was deserved in any way. But also, if his criminal background is irrelevant then so is the embellished reportage of his angelic status. So I'd say the relevance, rather than to assign it to any kind of justification, it is at least a little relevant to the overall reality of what's going on, to call out the needless embellishing of his good character by the media. It's completely unnecessary. His treatment by those police officers is sufficiently outrageous regardless of his background as either a saint or sinner.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is George Floyd's rap sheet from Texas. This is to show what the media won't show you. Before any panties get bunched this in no way justifies what the police did that killed him. Just showing how the media incites more rioting by what they publish and what they don't and how they portray people to suit their agenda.

I guess in Lake Wobegon, it's OK for police to commit homicide on camera if the person has a rap sheet.

At least that's what NNBD infers.

You guy's reading comprehension is lacking this morning. Maybe another cup of coffee?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Completely irrelevant to the case in my mind.

However, did these incidents happen before, or after, he found God*? I made a post a couple of days back about Christianity Today painting him as wholesome as Sunday School teacher. I don't appreciate being hoodwinked like that.

If him shoving a gun into a woman's gut and holding her while her house is being ransacked isn't relevant, then neither is him pushing a dunk tank into the projects for baptism; I feel a bit played for hearing the latter on Sunday morning from the pulpit.

* Or Jesus called him, if you're Calvinist. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Completely irrelevant to the case in my mind.

However, did these incidents happen before, or after, he found God*? I made a post a couple of days back about Christianity Today painting him as wholesome as Sunday School teacher. I don't appreciate being hoodwinked like that.

If him shoving a gun into a woman's gut and holding her while her house is being ransacked isn't relevant, then neither is him pushing a dunk tank into the projects for baptism; I feel a bit played for hearing the latter on Sunday morning from the pulpit.

* Or Jesus called him, if you're Calvinist. ;)

:yesway: That is the relevant point.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I think it also provides insight that he was familiar with how to interact with police.

As an aside, it also might indicate that the Texas LEOs are better at gaining compliance without kneeling on the arrestee's neck.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Only a matter of time until some foreign powers capitalize on it and start sending material aid to these people.
    And you'd have to be pretty naive to think they aren't behind it in some degree already.

Welcome to proxy warfare on US streets.

[h=1]Serbia Deploys Peacekeeping Forces To U.S.[/h]

ryh5qpuwgusx3tsqkokd.jpg

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I have seen the rap sheet surface in a number of places recently. It is immaterial. So is whatever good he did in the community. Neither of those are relevant factors, in my mind, when deciding if the police were justified in the use of force against George Floyd, as most of these factors would not be known to them at the time of the incident.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I guess in Lake Wobegon, it's OK for police to commit homicide on camera if the person has a rap sheet.

At least that's what NNBD infers.

I specifically said the opposite of that. Having a little reading comprehension problem?

this in no way justifies what the police did that killed him. Just showing how the media incites more rioting by what they publish and what they don't and how they portray people to suit their agenda.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Every couple of years there is a high profile white cop killing a black person. Most with some disagreement if it was justified or not. This one doesn't seem like there is much disagreement that it was wrong. In the other ones you would see some rioting in a couple places, mainly in the orgin of the incident. I don't understand why this time there is so much violence even in suburbs especially when the cop has been charged. Why has the response to this one so much worse? What am I missing?

I'm not buying all the conspiracy theories. My thought is that everyone has been stuck inside, there's high unemployment and leading up to this, there's been government distrust from all sides... in other words, there's nothing to distract them and everyone's already angry.

EDIT: People don't have to be told by the media to protest or riot - those were happening on their own, one need only look on Reddit to determine that stupidity of that level can be generated by media alone. No, instead a lot of it is generated through discussion groups like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit... just like we discuss things on INGO. People don't listen to the media, they listen to "influencers".

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have seen the rap sheet surface in a number of places recently. It is immaterial. So is whatever good he did in the community. Neither of those are relevant factors, in my mind, when deciding if the police were justified in the use of force against George Floyd, as most of these factors would not be known to them at the time of the incident.

It really has nothing to do with the police actions at all. It has to do with the media. It is easier for the dumocrap media to incite riots if the victim is portrayed as a "gentle giant" rather than someone with six felony charges. Karen gets more excited.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How about just sticking to the relevant facts in this particular instance. There are people on either side trying to portray Floyd as a saintly individual and others are countering that by bringing up his wrap sheet.

Floyd was not in the commission of any of those past crimes when this took place so all of that is irrelevant.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One of your shorter explanations. Therefore it must be wrong.

...which, as luck would have it, it is.

Why did you guys say he was saying something he specifically called out that he wasn't saying? Hey, I gave you the benefit of doubt and blamed it on simple lack of coffee. I'd just take that at this point.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I haven't spent much time in downtown Indianapolis, but last year, I attended an all-day event near the NCAA Hall of Champions and the Canal area. What a beautiful spot! I've been in cities all over the world and I was surprised at how nice this area compares with them.

It's a shame to give it over to anarchists.

My office is right off the north end of the canal it is nice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom