• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just bought 4 pair of hey dudes. They’re about as close to “slip on” as I care to get.
    Here is my slip on

Absolutely love them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn't think "the blacks" was offensive any more than "the whites" is offensive.

When I see people say "it is time to start killing all the whites", I don't think "the whites" is the offensive part. It just identifies the targets of their plan.

All of the riots and all of the fires and destruction were racially motivated. The black people were rioting because chauvin was white and floyd was black and floyd died. The black people blame chauvin and then expand that to blame all white people. It is hard to believe that with all this going on because of race that one can't say whites or blacks. That is what it is all about but you can't say it? That seems pretty retarded.
    First. Thanks for the fearless use of “retarded” and keeping free speech alive. Kudos for that.

My only problem with what you said is the lack of specificity when you say “the blacks”, while noting the use of “the whites” lacks specificity. The language implies all of them, as if the color of their skin is the identifier of the subject and not the behavior.

I mean, if you added some adjectives, specifying race wouldn’t have added any greater specificity. You could say “the racist woke ass bitches...” and that would be more accurate because it specifies not just the racist ass black people but the racist ass white people who also rioted and looted in league with those racist ass black people who did.

Let’s be specific and call out all the racist ass bitches who rioted and looted, and/or made the Chauvin/Floyd interaction inaccurately about race. Chauvin, right or wrong, did not put his knee on Floyd’s back because Floyd was black and he was white. The circumstances most evident was that he did it because Floyd’s a big dude resisting arrest.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll go back and change it to "terrorist rioters". That way it doesn't mention any race and it sidesteps the whole reason behind the riots and all the offended people can somehow pretend it isn't race-centric.

I sure hope that doesn't offend any terrorist rioters out there.
    You can be specific and say that they made it about race when it wasn’t. It doesn’t sidestep anything. It’s accurate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here is my slip on

Absolutely love them.
    Never heard of Danner. These are about the first slipons I’ve seen that don’t look too much like old-man shoes. I might look into those.

I love my Merrell kevlar toe shoes (size 12 :laugh:). But I do have to bend down to tie them. Bending these days is quite painful.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    True. The woke/opportunist rioters burned down neighborhoods where the size 11 New Balance shoes are always sold out too.
    Try finding 12 wide.... for that matter anything wide width. For that reason alone I usually buy online. My other go to shoe that seem to last is Skecher. I've bought their 6" steel toe boot for work, and they make a nice all leather tie on shoe very comfortable.
    The only thing I don't buy that shoe wise none leather is my Crocs for around the house and camping ground showers.

This thread is hilarious..... is this the new catch all thread? Until we get the sentence?

Any news of Chauvin's sentence? How long does it take to figure out a person's sentence? Will the judge go light because he feels he got screwed with the jury or is he also fearful of the mob? Or maybe we should call them the hoard now.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Try finding 12 wide.... for that matter anything wide width. For that reason alone I usually buy online. My other go to shoe that seem to last is Skecher. I've bought their 6" steel toe boot for work, and they make a nice all leather tie on shoe very comfortable.
    The only thing I don't buy that shoe wise none leather is my Crocs for around the house and camping ground showers.

This thread is hilarious..... is this the new catch all thread? Until we get the sentence?

Any news of Chauvin's sentence? How long does it take to figure out a person's sentence? Will the judge go light because he feels he got screwed with the jury or is he also fearful of the mob? Or maybe we should call them the hoard now.
    I forget the exact date, but sentencing is set for sometime in June.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I find wide is kinda hard to find too, depending on the manufacturer. Keens seem to run a little wide, so I can get a 12 regular in Keen and be comfortable. Merrell runs a bit wide too, depending on which line. Their workboot seems to fit great and plenty of padding to be comfy all day.

About the sentence, I do not envy the judge's position. He has to be thinking about the angry mob and having his home address broadcast by the miscreant Twitteratti activists. So how do you determine an appropriate sentence for Chauvin's actual crime?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just peachy. Not only is mob intimidation corrupting the court but people like this stupid bitch don't see a problem with destroying the rest of another person's life to appease the mob in the hope of preventing rioting. She, and othrrd like her, need the maximum sentence Chauvin could receive and they need to turn Ma Deuce loose the mob.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    First. Thanks for the fearless use of “retarded” and keeping free speech alive. Kudos for that.

My only problem with what you said is the lack of specificity when you say “the blacks”, while noting the use of “the whites” lacks specificity. The language implies all of them, as if the color of their skin is the identifier of the subject and not the behavior.

I mean, if you added some adjectives, specifying race wouldn’t have added any greater specificity. You could say “the racist woke ass bitches...” and that would be more accurate because it specifies not just the racist ass black people but the racist ass white people who also rioted and looted in league with those racist ass black people who did.

Let’s be specific and call out all the racist ass bitches who rioted and looted, and/or made the Chauvin/Floyd interaction inaccurately about race. Chauvin, right or wrong, did not put his knee on Floyd’s back because Floyd was black and he was white. The circumstances most evident was that he did it because Floyd’s a big dude resisting arrest.
    Specificity - really?
    I think it is obvious that if you did not burn down businesses in your own neighborhood then the statement did not include you. If you did burn down businesses in your own neighborhood then it did include you. This also specifies which neighborhoods - you can tell them by all the burned down buildings. The demographics of those areas are heavily minority and immigrants, the immigrants being mostly Somali and Ethiopian.
    I could have restricted this to Minneapolis and probably should have because I don't know the details about the other cities.
    Yes, I believe there were imported paid activists, instigators and a bunch of "me too" whites involved in the riots but they were not burning buildings in their own neighborhoods so I was not referring to them.
    I think it is always kind of stupid to burn buildings because you don't like something unrelated to those buildings but my whole statement was it is especially stupid to burn buildings that house useful, minority owned and run businesses right in your own neighborhood.

I don't pretend to know chauvin's motives, he could be a racist or had a bad day. That is not pertinent to what I said because I wasn't talking about chauvin, I was talking about the riots. Whether justified or mistaken the riots were racially motivated, you know this - blm said this, the news said this, everybody knows this. I imagine some of the rioters were more interested in looting or arson but without the racial riots they would not have had the same opportunity.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Specificity - really?
    I think it is obvious that if you did not burn down businesses in your own neighborhood then the statement did not include you. If you did burn down businesses in your own neighborhood then it did include you. This also specifies which neighborhoods - you can tell them by all the burned down buildings. The demographics of those areas are heavily minority and immigrants, the immigrants being mostly Somali and Ethiopian.
    I could have restricted this to Minneapolis and probably should have because I don't know the details about the other cities.
    Yes, I believe there were imported paid activists, instigators and a bunch of "me too" whites involved in the riots but they were not burning buildings in their own neighborhoods so I was not referring to them.
    I think it is always kind of stupid to burn buildings because you don't like something unrelated to those buildings but my whole statement was it is especially stupid to burn buildings that house useful, minority owned and run businesses right in your own neighborhood.

I don't pretend to know chauvin's motives, he could be a racist or had a bad day. That is not pertinent to what I said because I wasn't talking about chauvin, I was talking about the riots. Whether justified or mistaken the riots were racially motivated, you know this - blm said this, the news said this, everybody knows this. I imagine some of the rioters were more interested in looting or arson but without the racial riots they would not have had the same opportunity.

I did say I mostly agree with you. The riots were racially motivated. Some of the rioters indeed were more interested in looting or arson and didn't actually give many ****s about race or Floyd.

The part I did not agree with was "The black people blame chauvin and then expand that to blame all white people. It is hard to believe that with all this going on because of race that one can't say whites or blacks."

"The black people" were only part of the group who blamed Chauvin and then expanded that to blame all white people. Why not blame the white people who did that too?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I did say I mostly agree with you. The riots were racially motivated. Some of the rioters indeed were more interested in looting or arson and didn't actually give many ****s about race or Floyd.

The part I did not agree with was "The black people blame chauvin and then expand that to blame all white people. It is hard to believe that with all this going on because of race that one can't say whites or blacks."

"The black people" were only part of the group who blamed Chauvin and then expanded that to blame all white people. Why not blame the white people who did that too?
    Oh noes Jamil, you did it. You expanded blame beyond the 13.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I agree completely, there are white people that blame all white people for chauvin.

If I say "there are coyotes that kill chickens" while in reality there are also wolves, foxes, hawks and owls that also kill chickens - does that make the first statement false?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree completely, there are white people that blame all white people for chauvin.

If I say "there are coyotes that kill chickens" while in reality there are also wolves, foxes, hawks and owls that also kill chickens - does that make the first statement false?
    If you had said there are black people who blame Chauvin, no complaints. It's a true statement. But saying "the black people blame Chauvin", is similar to the slogan "black lives matter" in that that language requires further clarification, that it's not ONLY black lives that matter.

Top Bottom