• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    So I got an infraction for typing out a swear word with special characters.
    Thought it was the right thing to do according to the rules.
    The infraction got me interetsed in this thread.
    Now I see I'm a interweb INGO cursing noob. I will agree "It's not that hard", but if you are operating under interpretation of what "G-rated" means some things are going slip. Some folks on the receiving end of infractions might get their feathers ruffled.

What do these infractions do? I'm guessing if I don't excercise much asshattery (was that legal?) they mean nothing.

All the best mods. I don't envy your position. I see a level headed or lack of reaction when the line walkers are out in force. I hope it continues instead of both sides digging in their heels and making the place unwelcoming.
    Simple.

Type the full curse word out in your post. If it is a no-no word, the word filter catches it. If it is allowed, it will appear in your post just as you typed it. Special characters are where you ran afoul.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    INGO has changed no doubt. Depending from whose perspective this may be good or bad. I know I used to post a lot more but that’s not all on the change in INGO but some of it certainly is. My biggest problem is the constant reminder of whose house we are in. It’s my house, my living room, my pc, I just allow INGO to visit me.

Why the need for total control of the site? Is it making that much money? As a member the most positive thing that could happen to INGO is a forum owned by the members. What would it take? 13,000 members times $5.00?, $10.00?, More? If it really is becoming a pain in the ass to moderate, administer then sell it to us. We can vote for moderators on a yearly basis. I can’t help but too often wonder the motivation of the site admin. At the very least I would like to see a moderator or 2 voted in by the site supporters.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I guess I should repeat it just like everyone else: Just type the damn ****ing word out and the stupid-ass filter will block it so our kids won't start ****ing cussing. It's pretty ****ing simple.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Right on Kick! This is supposed to be a place to share a COMMON interest. If you see something that does not fit your definition of COMMON - move on, find a thread of interest to you. If you have nothing positive to contribute - move on. Disagreement can be positive if done in a respectful manner. The MODS do the best they can interpreting words without hearing a voice inflection or facial expression. Equal and fair does not exist, because everybody has a different definition and pre-conceived expectation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom