• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just returned from the FWA Gun & Knife Show. It surprised me. It was better than I have seen in the past. Some good prices on firearms. My son sold his Ruger LCP for a good price and bought a Taurus TCP. Good prices for every one involved.

Must say it was worth the price of admission.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Not a bad day in all. I found my LC9, the only one at the show I think. Also ran into XtremeVel and chatted for a few. (good seeing you again) Oh and I found a good deal on a box of 45 colt.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I havent been to a show in the fort for 3 years ,every time it got smaller & sadder.If it ever gets like it was in the 80's Ill start attending but I d rather drive 2 hours to the indy 1500 & feel overwhelmed by the size of it than underwhelmed by flea market merchandise.Im not putting down any of the vendors that at least make a showing (appreciate the effort ) but the GM at the Coliseum it mostly responsible for the lack of a Gun Show

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Just returned from the FWA Gun & Knife Show. It surprised me. It was better than I have seen in the past. Some good prices on firearms. My son sold his Ruger LCP for a good price and bought a Taurus TCP. Good prices for every one involved.

Must say it was worth the price of admission.

Thanks to Jahred from 21st Century for the good offer on my LCP!

It will probably be next weekend at the earliest before I get to try out my new TCP. Wrigley Sales gave me a good offer on it. I don't know if it made a difference that I asked the girl (who said she doesn't "carry because [she's] not old enough, yet", so maybe the boss' daughter :dunno: ) instead of the boss himself, but I wasn't quite expecting the offer to be as good as what she said. So that was it!

Maybe it was just the time of day I was there this time, but it seemed to me that there were a lot more people than the last one I attended. I know the Fort Wayne shows can't compete with the 1500, but I'd love to see them still be good shows with good attendance.

Also, we parked across the street and walked over to save on the parking fee. :spend:

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just got back a little while ago. Good selection of guns, especially handguns at 21st and ZX. However, I found accessories to be somewhat lacking, specifically holsters. No one had a Kel Tec P11 holster. My buddy bought an airsoft gun. I left empty handed.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Holy cow!! We're beat. My wife Jaime, Aaron, and I are beat. A huge thanks to my hometown for making us feel welcome and having such a great time today. Hope to see a few more tomorrow..

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Just got back a little while ago. Good selection of guns, especially handguns at 21st and ZX. However, I found accessories to be somewhat lacking, specifically holsters. No one had a Kel Tec P11 holster. My buddy bought an airsoft gun. I left empty handed.

I had a P-11 holster!

Of course, it was in use on my ankle and not for sale, so I guess that doesn't help ya, eh? I thought I saw some Uncle Mikes ankle holsters at one of the tables (wasn't interested in another one, so I don't remember which table). But perhaps that wasn't what you were hoping to find.

Legba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    NE Indiana
    This show seemed much better than the last one in Ft. Wayne. I don't know if it's because it was upstairs? I spent $20 at the last one and about $200 at this one.
    It wasn't upstairs. It seemed to be better than the last one I attended a few years back. Walked in with my Glock 17 sold it before I got past the first table. Walked out with a Glock 19, a holster, cleaning mat, and my girlfriends beef jerky. Good day.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    It wasn't upstairs.

Well, it certainly wasn't in the basement like last time I was there (November? December?).

Walked in with my Glock 17 sold it before I got past the first table. Walked out with a Glock 19, a holster, cleaning mat, and my girlfriends beef jerky. Good day.

I'd wondered about taking my LCP, I decided I didn't really want to sell it. Then when I got there, it dawned on me that I could try to trade it. So, I talked to a guy about a trade, then went back home to grab it. When I got back, I hadn't even made my way back to his table again before I had 3 people stop me to ask if it was for sale! Ended up walking out with a TCP instead —*a good day for me, too!

Legba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Well, it certainly wasn't in the basement like last time I was there (November? December?).

I'd wondered about taking my LCP, I decided I didn't really want to sell it. Then when I got there, it dawned on me that I could try to trade it. So, I talked to a guy about a trade, then went back home to grab it. When I got back, I hadn't even made my way back to his table again before I had 3 people stop me to ask if it was for sale! Ended up walking out with a TCP instead —*a good day for me, too!
    Never been to one in the basement. Girlfriend commented on how nice the people at the show were.Told her that happens when you get us around guns.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What do they sell there? I wanted to go, but had to go to disney on ice instead. You think I could get a Glock for a never fired shotgun?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    What do they sell there? I wanted to go, but had to go to disney on ice instead. You think I could get a Glock for a never fired shotgun?

You can get all kinds of neat stuff!

Whether you'd be able to trade even-up would likely depend on how new the Glock is, how new and/or fancy the shotty is. Always a good idea to take some extra cash along just in case you need to pad the deal. Don't take more than you'd be willing to spend, though!

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Well, its a mossberg 500 road blocker. have had it a few months now. Never shot it. And I don't have the budget to put down alot of money.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Well, its a mossberg 500 road blocker. have had it a few months now. Never shot it. And I don't have the budget to put down alot of money.
    I doubt you'll be able to work a straight trade with a dealer. If you find someone with a Glock that wants a pistol grip shotgun with a muzzle brake it could work :dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom