• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gearjammer21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Was in Fort Liberty last week to see if they could get a clip for my S&W 411(40 CAL), turns out that they had some for the 410 and before I could ask, he had it out of the box so to see how it matched up. It did and has a new home.
    I was also looking for a Savage long gun but left the model number at home, not only did they take the time to look while I was there, but called me back twice with good info both times.
    When it comes time to order, I know where I'm going to go!

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    My wife and I are new to Indy and we went gun shopping last week. After stopping at 4 other stores beforehand (including Don's) we ended up at Fort Liberty. Very friendly, nice store and decent selection of guns at fair prices. I was interested in a used AK they had, we looked at it for a bit and handed it back. We likely were going to get it but we wanted to look around some more. While we did, another guy walked in, went straight for it and bought it! My mistake, I should have held on to it.

It ended up ok, we bought a new AK later on at a different store, but we liked Liberty and we will check there again in the future.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Just got a PM from another member but I cant reply yet (need 15 posts).

Yes, it was last saturday we were at Ft. Liberty.

BIGE7.62

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    66   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    bought a RIA officer model from ft liberty price was fair and the service was good/havent tried to do any trading there ,went to the place on 67 though what they wanted to give me in trade for a gun was a joke /had the same gun I wanted to trade for 3 times the price they wanted to give

Jasper Jake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Avon, IN
    I was in Fort Liberty today. I pointed to a long gun on the rack and said what is that?
    The salesman said its a 10-22 and turned his back to me. The guy I was with ask how much is it? He answered and turned his back again. I said well I guess he isn't going to let us see it. So we left.

crosby841

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Stopped in real quick the other day. As usual, the guys were great. Did I see an INGO guy working? Anyway, it's good to see that you're hanging in there with this economy. When I'm ready to buy again, I'll be back.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Was in the other day looking at Glock 27's. Was treated well, and as always was impressed with how clean and well organized the store is. They had a very good price on the standard fixed sight model, but I was interested in one with factory night sights. They offered to order it, but their price was going to be about $25 more than PSS and PSS had it in stock.

I would definitely consider purchasing there next time if the price was right.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    +1

Good clean shop although a bit limited selection. I have purchased guns ammo and done some transfers with them.
    Mike and Scott are great guys and know customer service treating people with respect and in a positive manner.
    One guy can be a bit crotchety on the phone but in person is decent enough. There is another guy in there kind of heavy set that could use a little more personality.

Some advice, Mike Scott, I would either not let your employees answer the phone or be sure to give them some communications training:). Gotta be much more cordial to customers esp in this economy.

All in all though a great store. I will be back many times.

Last edited:

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Stopped in last Saturday after visiting the Covered Bridge Festival. Had some errands to run in Avon and I was able to convince my boss to let me stop in. It was already after 5pm, when the door said they close, but the staff allowed me to browse for a few minutes anyway. One of the guys even helped me find holsters that would fit a gun I recently purchased at another store. I did not make any purchases that day but will stop in for ammo from time to time. Shop was very clean although I wish the 1911 selection was bigger. Keep it up guys, see you soon.

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    We're packed up and ready for the gun show. Come see us at the fairgrounds tomorrow through Sunday. Enjoy your weekend!

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Thanks to all who came out to the show. A huge thank you to target64, hemicharger, dad, and Lisa for the long hours and great sales.

rwbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Good clean shop although a bit limited selection. I have purchased guns ammo and done some transfers with them.
    Mike and Scott are great guys and know customer service treating people with respect and in a positive manner.
    One guy can be a bit crotchety on the phone but in person is decent enough. There is another guy in there kind of heavy set that could use a little more personality.

Some advice, Mike Scott, I would either not let your employees answer the phone or be sure to give them some communications training:). Gotta be much more cordial to customers esp in this economy.

All in all though a great store. I will be back many times.
    i've been in there a couple of times and encountered the same crotchety guy went ahead and bought some ammo anyway and he seemed to lighten up a little bit.that kind of person puts people off.customer service should be #1 priority when you're selling the same product as the guy down the street.

prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    bought a brand new SR9c from them. The thing kept having trouble with failing to fire. We had a little confusion in the beginning, but Scott was able to get the gun to Ruger for a repair. The only problem is that the pistol is still doing the same thing. I have the unfired rounds to prove it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    What the heck does "crotchety" mean?? Everyone I've encountered there has been great. I purchased my second gun from Ft. Liberty a few weeks ago (Henry US Survival Rifle) and I've been treated more like an old friend than a customer. I'll be purchasing more from them in the future, for sure.

Man, gun shoppers are a sensitive bunch. I don't expect them to peel me a grape. Just

Top Bottom