• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    We were at the range yesterday and I not only rented a Glock, but I also enjoyed shooting it :): The infamous Glock grip and trigger were not that terrible (even if the trigger did feel a little light)

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I tried to fight off the dreaded Glock but alas, it got me. I find a lot in common with my XDm the way it points and the view over the top of slide. I found I shoot well with the Glock and at this point I have a G17, G19 and the G21. If it works for you then go for it. Their subjective like anything else but I found that I like them.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I wish I could like Glocks but that squishy trigger and the way it torques my finger down to reach the trigger make them a never buy in my book. I would probably go for the 19 if those two things didn't bother me so much.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    If I had to work with the stock trigger I would feel the same way. I spent $30 on a Ghost Rocket trigger kit and it's a premium trigger now with no complaints. Crisp, short and fast.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I liked the trigger (even though it felt light). My only issues with the gun were
    1.) That if felt light, that being said it still handled the recoil well
    2.) The safety being in the trigger itself
    3.) That my grip on the G19 had me riding the slide release a lot - but I know that this is user related

To make up for it I shot the Shield after, but I still kept thinking that I was doing better with the Glock.

g19_zps0iihf8wd.jpg

First 50 with the Glock. The two fliers were getting used to the trigger and adjusting my grip. Quite a few of the rounds shared the same hole so not terrible for my first time shooting it. Still, the 1911 hit the X for me the first time I ever shot it :D

**edit**
    One of the people I was with did manage to stovepipe it within two magazines, but outside of that (the guy had never shot a gun before) it was flawless.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Won't find a better gun than a Glock. There simply isn't anything better.

I think they are pretty darned amazing, especially in simplicity and durability/longevity. However, I'm not sure how to determine the best. It depends on the criteria and what works best for someone might not for another.

I've moved to Glocks as my primary carry guns because of their simplicity and reliability, and because I think the G19 is about the perfect size/capacity, for me. However, they aren't the most accurate, for me, either. I can shoot a little better with my Ruger SR9 or my Remington R1 1911. It's close, though, and the more I shoot the Glocks, the closer it gets. I'm pretty much there with the G19, but it took some practice. I was spot-on with the Ruger and Remington, right out of the box.

I don't get the grip angle issue, though. I can transition back and forth between my G19 and 1911 and it doesn't cause me any issues. I barely notice it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think they are pretty darned amazing, especially in simplicity and durability/longevity. However, I'm not sure how to determine the best. It depends on the criteria and what works best for someone might not for another.

I've moved to Glocks as my primary carry guns because of their simplicity and reliability, and because I think the G19 is about the perfect size/capacity, for me. However, they aren't the most accurate, for me, either. I can shoot a little better with my Ruger SR9 or my Remington R1 1911. It's close, though, and the more I shoot the Glocks, the closer it gets. I'm pretty much there with the G19, but it took some practice. I was spot-on with the Ruger and Remington, right out of the box.

I don't get the grip angle issue, though. I can transition back and forth between my G19 and 1911 and it doesn't cause me any issues. I barely notice it.

It is just the differences in the people using the gun. I can shoot about anything accurately with just a bit of warm up changing platforms.
    I go from 1911's to CZ's and it does take a mag to warm up to the CZ's. Once there no worries.

There is a marked difference in the Glock grip angle at least for me. Everyone is different.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Forgive me Father for I have sinned....

We were at the range yesterday and I not only rented a Glock, but I also enjoyed shooting it :): The infamous Glock grip and trigger were not that terrible (even if the trigger did feel a little light)

Say two rosaries and 4 Act of Contritions. Oh wait, never mind, they are now on the approved list. You must practice and become proficient, and use it to stand against evil...

Over the last 20 years I have had a few on and off. Not really my cup of tea, but they are a fully functional machine. If you like them, enjoy them.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    If a glock, is perfection out of the box, then why are there so many "glock drs" out there ?????

I really have no idea. There are a lot of morons out there, too. My Glocks are all factory original. I carry a G19, and I shoot it better than any other gun I've ever touched.

To each his own. To me, a Glock really is perfection, but not everyone has been enlightened yet. I used to carry a SIG, after all. Glock quickly and permanently cured me of that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really have no idea. There are a lot of morons out there, too. My Glocks are all factory original. I carry a G19, and I shoot it better than any other gun I've ever touched.

To each his own. To me, a Glock really is perfection, but not everyone has been enlightened yet. I used to carry a SIG, after all. Glock quickly and permanently cured me of that.

Enlightenment is different for everyone.
    Just like cars/trucks and woman.....we all see it through our own eyes.

Top Bottom