• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    After much speculation and anticipation by enthusiasts, Ford has finally officially unveiled the 2015 Mustang :D At first glance, I like the styling. It kind of has a touch of GT40 feel to me, but then again, it's got some Fusion in it too. (Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the Fusion) I guess I'll have to wait until I can see one in person and close up to make up my mind.
    Things that are sure to **** off the purists: Back in the line up is the turbocharged 4 cyl and the introduction of the independent rear suspension.

2015 Ford Mustang | Power for the Sports Car Obsessed | Ford.com

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They did a great job going retro as in back to what made the car great in the mid 60's. Now they are fast going Euro with it.
    I like this new offering better than the current model. It seems to flow front to rear and not be so choppy.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I really like it at first glance. This is what is bad. I finally get to the point that I think maybe in a couple years I would like to buy a 2012 give or take a year, they come out with a new one that I like better!:)

Heck, with the increase I am facing next year with my company health insurance benefits payment share, a newer car is out of the picture anyway.:(

I mean really? A 5 fold increase in the monthly amount I have to pay?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really like it at first glance. This is what is bad. I finally get to the point that I think maybe in a couple years I would like to buy a 2012 give or take a year, they come out with a new one that I like better!:)

Heck, with the increase I am facing next year with my company health insurance benefits payment share, a newer car is out of the picture anyway.:(

You know who to thank/blame for that ........Yes!!!!!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I like what they've done with it but at the same time I don't. The bad thing is I can't figure why on either count! Probably looking at 35-40k nicely optioned though and I'm NOT paying that much for any car!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Maybe the Mustang will be included in the ObamaCar program

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sweet. I had a '98 Mustang that I bought new. Bright turquoise blue metallic with white racing stripes. I loved that car. Had to sell it because it wouldn't stay on the road in the winter. :(

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I like it, and that's saying something because I'm a Chevy guy. It kind of reminds me of the Infiniti G35 with the body lines. I like the way Ford has been going recently. It all started with the new Raptor. :drool:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I like what they've done with it but at the same time I don't. The bad thing is I can't figure why on either count! Probably looking at 35-40k nicely optioned though and I'm NOT paying that much for any car!

I feel the same way. I'm glad the classic long hood is still there, but the reasoning for forward sloping tail is sort of a mystery to me. That said, If I had a spare $30-40K to spend on a Mustang, I'd much rather seek out and get my hands on one that looks closer to your avatar, Murph. A GT350 or GT500 in any year between '65 and '70 has always been my 'grail' car, preferably a San Jose built chassis that was actually prepared at the old man's CA Skunk works. :rockwoot:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The turbo 4 isn't exactly anemic at a little of 300 BHP. :) Back in the SVT 4T days, the purists clamored about it, even though it was actually a pretty good power plant.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My Grail car is one of these,
    1st...1969 Camaro COPO in hugger orange with full tilt 427.

2nd...1966/67 Cobra with full tilt 427 side oiler.

The reasoning for these choices should be obvious.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The turbo 4 isn't exactly anemic at a little of 300 BHP. :) Back in the SVT 4T days, the purists clamored about it, even though it was actually a pretty good power plant.

Knew a fella that had one of these in a "T"-bird that was tweaked up. It was a fun car. Ugly car but fun to drive.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

It is a lot of money, but being able to buy a car with north of 400HP, 28 MPG and no tune ups for 100K miles along with great handling for less than $40K is really not that bad. I love the older classics, but when it comes to performance, they don't hold a candle to the new stuff.

Maybe after I win the Mega Millions this weekend....:)

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    My Grail car is one of these,
    1st...1969 Camaro COPO in hugger orange with full tilt 427.

2nd...1966/67 Cobra with full tilt 427 side oiler.

The reasoning for these choices should be obvious.

I'd love to have an actual Cobra with the FE motor. The throaty grumble from the side pipes...THAT is one of the sounds of freedom to me!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ford had to push the rear suspension package to keep up with the Camaro. I am sure this has hurt straight line performance from a standing start.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd love to have an actual Cobra with the FE motor. The throaty grumble from the side pipes...THAT is one of the sounds of freedom to me!

Was standing by the road waiting to cross out by Raceway park in 1966. There was an SCCA race on the road course. Must have been 6 of those Cobras roll in at the same time. Fully licensed street cars but not the SC versions. SC was the reduced HP engine. The C versions were full tilt no holds barred brawlers. You could here it in those side pipes you mentioned. I was never the same after hearing that sound.
    Put all of them on the track at full song and nothing else in the world comes close.

Top Bottom