• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My Grail car is one of these,
    1st...1969 Camaro COPO in hugger orange with full tilt 427.

2nd...1966/67 Cobra with full tilt 427 side oiler.

The reasoning for these choices should be obvious.

Love both of those cars! Of all the Camaro's made, the COPO is my favorite. Love the dog dish hubcaps!

427 Cobra is my lifelong dream car. I have a poster of one since I was a teenager. My wife told me this Summer to take it out of the packaging and frame it....which I finally after 40 years did.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Love both of those cars! Of all the Camaro's made, the COPO is my favorite. Love the dog dish hubcaps!

427 Cobra is my lifelong dream car. I have a poster of one since I was a teenager. My wife told me this Summer to take it out of the packaging and frame it....which I finally after 40 years did.

Your wife sounds like mine. A keeper for sure.

My son has been around hi-po muscle his whole life. He has assisted in more than a few projects/restorations. We were showing our 64 Chevell at the 500 world of wheels and went looking at the other cars. I found a 69 White COPO and just kept coming back to look and drool. He was mid 20's at the time and just did not understand my attraction to the basic no frills package. He was amazed it had no radio....or anything else.
    Dog bowel caps rule.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    If I'm paying $50,000 for a car, I'd rather buy the original one, 1968 Mustang Fastback, 390 then I would pay the extra $2,000 to change my name to Steve McQueen!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have owned and driven a 1970 (302 coupe), 1979 Pace car replica with a built 351w, 1984 GT (built 302), 1986 lx (2.3) and a 1990 LX 5.0. I have been a Mustang fan since about 12. The current model, to me, is the best one ever. When I see a 2013 Shelby drive past me it, makes me feel like a 14 year old kissing a girl for the first time! Looks, handling and performance all in a turn key package.

The new 2015 model is headed away from the retro look, which I love. I don't mind the looks but I know Ford needs to update its lines.
    The new IRS should give it better handling and the turbo 4, well we will see. The old turbo 2.3 could be tuned for some serious power.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    If the tail lights were not so slanted forward and they put a more 06ish front end on it, that would be a cool looking car. 05-09 are still my favorite. Hope to get one with a 4.6 someday and bore out to a 5.0 stroker.

Also to **** off the purists: I would bet it lost all options for the the solid axle and leaves. Kinda just makes the stang feel like any other car at that point :(

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I use to be a GM guy, but Fords are starting to grow on me. I won't trade my M5 in for one (like to keep that car forever) but I wouldn't mind having a Mustang. Not much of a fan of the Camaro, I sat in one a while ago and was not impressed with any of it.

Just for the record, I'd love to have an '02 Trans Am.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I am torn on this one. I like the front end and hood a lot, but really dislike the roof lines and am not overly fond of the quarter panels or rear end. I love the retro look they have going now, I admit.

I think the turbo 4 could be interesting and yeah we all knew the IRS was coming. I too will want to see one of these up close an' personal to see what I think. I do like some of the color choices. Magnetic, Guard, and Deep Impact Blue all look good to me, as do some of their wheel offerings!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know what it is but around Bedford, it seems like whenever you see a Mustang drive by, chances are it's a female driving it.

:popcorn:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    If the tail lights were not so slanted forward and they put a more 06ish front end on it, that would be a cool looking car. 05-09 are still my favorite. Hope to get one with a 4.6 someday and bore out to a 5.0 stroker.

Also to **** off the purists: I would bet it lost all options for the the solid axle and leaves. Kinda just makes the stang feel like any other car at that point :(

Bore it out to a 5.0 stroker? I'm confused by your tactics, unless you are going to bore it, and get a new stroker rotating assembly.

As a mustang lover and someone who has owned or built 20+ of them I find this one hideous!!

I think it is an OK looking car, but it should not be called a Mustang anymore.

Top Bottom