• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Who depends on the store security guards? Most security guards aren't going to risk their life to help anybody.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have never seen a security guard in the Kroger I shop at, and I know the manager and she told me she prefers her customers to be carrying.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've never seen an armed guard at any Kroger I've been to.

From the story it sounds like the company they use for security is disarming the guards, not Kroger itself. They could decide to switch security providers.

Although IIRC, Kroger fired a manager at an Indy location for fatally shooting a robber in the act of holding up the store a few years ago. They hung him out to dry despite the fact that he potentially saved the lives of several employees who had been corralled into a back office.

One of those employees decided to sue for emotional distress and Kroger dropped the manager like a hot potato.

*Edit - Manager resigned, he wasn't fired. See more info in my post below.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I've never seen an armed guard at any Kroger I've been to.

From the story it sounds like the company they use for security is disarming the guards, not Kroger itself. They could decide to switch security providers.

Although IIRC, Kroger fired a manager at an Indy location for fatally shooting a robber in the act of holding up the store a few years ago. They hung him out to dry despite the fact that he potentially saved the lives of several employees who had been corralled into a back office.

One of those employees decided to sue for emotional distress and Kroger dropped the manager like a hot potato.

Not sure if it was a manager or not but they fired his ass, and the perps(guy trying to get his life back on track and was a good boy) mother was trying to sue Kroger over it as well. Not sure whatever happened with that.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Dumbarses advertising unarmed security guards. Go ahead and give the fox a pass to the chicken coop while you're at it.
    Though I shop Kroger almost exclusively I've never seen a guard.
    I don't worry though....Joe Biden protects me

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Kroger Manager Turns Down Offer to Return to Work | Indy's News Center - 93.1 WIBC Indianapolis - Live. Local. First.

You're right BK. It was the perp's mom that sued for wrongful death because mgr was carrying in violation of store policy.

Kroger offered to give him his job back after prosecutor decided not to file charges. He resigned. He wasn't fired.

Not sure if it was a manager or not but they fired his ass, and the perps(guy trying to get his life back on track and was a good boy) mother was trying to sue Kroger over it as well. Not sure whatever happened with that.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'm going with .............. no.
    Kroger is probably a lot like Marsh in this aspect. The vast majority don't have security guards, but those locations in rougher neighborhoods will employ guards at certain hours of the evening. I worked for Marsh for 10 years and a few stores I worked at had armed guards and armed (plain clothes) LP.

Top Bottom