• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    you guys are a friggen riot! thouroughly clean mine after every trip to the range, which equates to about once a month, less in the winter. i'll roughly go over the 9 between, but don't really get down and gritty with it. the .22 stays in the lockbox with one in the pipe safety off, in case the wife needs a little sumphin' sumphin' in'n i'm not there and something happens. it only gets cleaned after the range.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Nice. I should have recognized. I love that movie! LOL I just couldn't read it as it looked like there was a K instead of an A, but I couldn't tell. I'm blind I tell ya.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What kind of cleaning solvents do you all use?

Anyone here with Poly Frames use the spray stuff?

What's your definition of light cleaning vs. heavy cleaning?

Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana

mine is poly, and i use the rem oil in the bottle. i haven't ever used the spray, but have thought about it. my light cleaning for my sw9ve is to remove the barrel and look down the bore for any lint or debris, and remove as necessary. after shooting, it gets the heavy cleaning. the buckmark never gets lightly cleaned. everytime i dissasemble it and thouroughy clean every part servicable

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

I use Breakfree CLP if I can find it. Haven't been able to find it at Wal-Mart, Big Rs, and Sportsman's Warehouse didn't have any this past weekend. Is there a Breakfree shortage?

Lacking that, I'll use Hoppes No 9, but my wife thinks it stinks... really bad.

Big R's has some fancy Smith and Wesson stuff for sale. Anyone know if that is any good?

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I use Breakfree CLP if I can find it. Haven't been able to find it at Wal-Mart, Big Rs, and Sportsman's Warehouse didn't have any this past weekend. Is there a Breakfree shortage?

Big R's has some fancy Smith and Wesson stuff for sale. Anyone know if that is any good?

I'm partial to the Hoppes myself. I think it smells like clean guns, but my kids and fiance says it just stinks. :dunno: Must be a gun guy thing.

That BreakFree looks like some good stuff. How do you clean it out of tight spaces though? I've seen some spray cleaner on CTD that says it dries in seconds but is alcohol based. Didn't know if that would eat at the Poly or not.

What kind of stuff should I stay away from with my Baby Eagle? It's the only Poly I have minus the Tapco stock on my SKS. Anyone else use spray cleaner? What about foaming Bore Cleaner?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I just bought some CLP in Frankfort this week at the Wally mart.
    Do you go to Lafayette much if so there is a little cop shop behind Rural King Called " Lafayette Guns and Gear", I think that's the name anyway. He carries CLP, and CLP rags.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I just bought some CLP in Frankfort this week at the Wally mart.
    Do you go to Lafayette much if so there is a little cop shop behind Rural King Called " Lafayette Guns and Gear", I think that's the name anyway. He carries CLP, and CLP rags.

Ohhh, another gun store for us to check out, thanks!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    is the 1pt spray bottle of break-free for 15 bucks a good price?

Also has anyone used their foaming bore cleaner?

Top Bottom