• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Got outside today and worked on my 462 a little bit, installed my fuel pump and the accessory drive. Forgive the hodge-podge of bolt head colors, some of the accessories are in place merely to determine what hardware I needed.
    IMG_0918.jpg

Here's a shot from the side, I mocked the headers up again to make sure none of the front drive interfered with them....
    IMG_0925.jpg

Another.......
    IMG_0926.jpg

Got the rear sway bar moved up where it belongs....
    IMG_0924.jpg

Last but not least, my old creeper had served me well over the years, but the crappy, small-diameter wheels had pretty much given up. Time for an upgrade... Overengineered? Yup.
    IMG_0930.jpg

Forgive crappy bead plz....
    IMG_0932.jpg

If I don't find a job soon, I may even put it in the car.....:n00b:

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Looks like a fox stang but the tail lights are not wide enough and the object to the right of the fuel tank is throwing me off. Second but better guess would be a Monte Carlo?

Object to right of fuel tank looks like spare tire well. If you look in pic 1 looks like a Monte SS in the background.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Nice looking car. I figured it was the spare tire well but I have seen stranger things haha. I missed the Monte in the first pic....... way to tired right now!

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Thanks!

Unfortunately, it doesn't look quite that nice anymore, that pic is about 6 years old.

I got to thinking, when I get the 462 in it, I'm gonna grab some "231" emblems off an old Buick in the junkyard and put one on each fender. When someone's like "Dude, you said it's got a 231 in it, not a big block!" I'll say "no, the emblems are correct... left emblem refers to the left bank, and the right refers to the right bank!!!":D

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I got to thinking, when I get the 462 in it, I'm gonna grab some "231" emblems off an old Buick in the junkyard and put one on each fender. When someone's like "Dude, you said it's got a 231 in it, not a big block!" I'll say "no, the emblems are correct... left emblem refers to the left bank, and the right refers to the right bank!!!":D

LOL!

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    As a fellow tinkerer in all things mechanical I truly appreciate your getting so excited as to posting pics of your renovated and freshly welded creeper wheel.

Strange how tinkerers can fritter an hour on something and it will mean the world to them and if someone stops by we say "oh yeah, that's a 462 roller motor over in the corner but look at what I did with this creeper!"

Its a sickness but it allows us to buy more tools!

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    How much did that 9" rear end set you back?
    I"m thinking about finding one for the 69 Camaro S Clark and I are working on.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    I'm guessing/working from memory, but I think I've got around $1600 in that 9 inch.

It started out as a Moser housing and axle package that a guy from Columbus bought and never used. He had put a junkyard 3.00 geared center in it so that he could move the car in and out of his shop. He never did put brakes on it. Dude got strapped for cash, and wanted $500 for it. I ended up buying the rear, a spare 200 4R trans, and a PST poly bushing kit for $600 total. I put brakes on it, a better case, all new bearings, a set of Richmond 3.70's, and a Detroit Locker. There's also a 1.5" ATR rear sway bar, boxed lower control arms, and adjustable upper arms in there. That puts it up around $2K total.

Aug24733.jpg

Feb15001.jpg

While looking for the pics of the rear end, I found these, some "baby pictures" of my engine:

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

And as long as I'm posting up the entire drivetrain, here's the trans:

Oct31382.jpg

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Make EFI your next project. I know it seems insane...but trust me...you'll never go back.
    Considered it many times, and Edelbrock's ProFlo XT setup is tempting.... until I get to the price tag. ever time I consider some sort of FI setup, I come back to the same thing: I can but a blower on it for less.

biginchevy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Fairland
    Oval or rectangle ports? What cam? Im a big block nut... love em. Starting to move on to LS motors though... Love the light weight and efficiency. Sweet project though. G bodies should have had big blocks from the factory!

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    It's got a set of factory "780" ovals, second best flowing factory oval port casting. They've been ported by a pro, and they've got Manley back-cut valves in them.

As for the cam, the following is directly from Lunati's website:

Hydraulic. Hot Street cam, likes 2800 converter, Hi-Rise type dual plane intake with 850cfm carb, headers, 10:1 compression and 3.73 gears. Likes up to 200HP nitrous.

• Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 276/284
    • Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 233/241
    • Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .554/.572
    • LSA/ICL: 110/106
    • Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
    • RPM Range: 2200-6400
    • Includes: Cam Kit
    There's a reason I only went .030 over, used Cometic head gaskets, and studded the heads....BWAHAHAHAHAH......

The LS's def. have a LOT to offer... if I were going to do another, I'd probably go with a 6.0 truck block (iron) and a T76ish turbo.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom