• cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    One voice from the LGC Forum:

Looked over the information on the gun control bill.....I guess it makes me no never mind. Sorry if that upsets some of you but as far as I'm concerned, I see no gun on that entire list (the old list from the Clinton AWB) that I would miss all that much....and as far as I'm concerned, a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, seems to just gobble up too much ammo anyway, besides, who the hell needs a bayonet, or suppressor on their hunting rifle. They say that already owned guns will be grandfathered in and grandfathered guns from the ban list will need to be registered.....OK, so be it....I've been finger printed for things ranging from my CCW permit, to the HAZMAT endorsement on my CDL and my Gov't clearance where I work sometimes....just keep your nose clean and don't worry about it. Besides, perhaps it is best to track some kinds of guns.....we track all kinds of dangerous materials....so perhaps placing the same types of restriction on certain kinds of guns, doesn't seem all that terrible to me. People are just getting worked up over nothing. I just don't see this bill as a threat the the 2A.
    Look, it is going to pass, if not now, then later.....what is everyone's proposal? ***** and Moan? Rant and Rave? Make threats? Civil war?

Sometimes, it boils down to making some peace and not getting worked up over something you can't do anything about anyway. I personally think we can let this one go and concentrate energy on rights that that matter to more people, jobs to keep people working, clean environment, union rights, feeding the poor, social equality, fair taxation, etc. The AWB just doesn't add up to much more than a pile of horse **** in the grand picture of suffering that is going on.
    :n00b:

But on the other hand:

That ***** is stupid.

:):

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I don't have time to check that out now. I'm reading "The PETA how to guide on gutting deer for fun and profit".

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Looking through their thread on the AWB, most of them seem resigned to this reasonable regulation of their 2d A rights. That would be a minority position here on INGO.

For one, everyone paints liberals with a broad brush and you should be glad that there are liberals out there that are trying to convince other liberals to defend 2A because this is about all of us.

Mixed sure but there are some die hard 2A supporters with posts like this one from Walkaway which is pretty good.

With maybe one exception, the pro-gun-control liberals I've met have had very protected lives. They'd for the most part never been the victim of a violent crime - never had a gun pulled on them, never experienced real loss at the hands of a criminal or monster, never been shot at (or shot). They may have never seeing a man beating a young woman, or little kids (and tried to stop it), and learned how dangerous that can be.

They'd never buried pets or had to take family members to the hospital because of vicious dogs either. (Or watched as a huge pit bull took bullets through the heart, lungs, neck, and head and kept coming - in that case I was GLAD I had a semiautomatic and two big clips full of 22s.)

Most of all, they'd never experienced the bad (true) side of the "Police". They'd never been stopped for bogus reasons, never been threatened, never learned just how common it is for "law enforcement" to pick on people of color, or the poor, or name your favorite form of minority (you should read what they did to a local atheist) - they never learned that the "Police" are here to protect and enforce the rules of the elites and to control ordinary citizens. They thought of the "police" as a buffer between them and criminals - not realizing that the "police" have been enforcing the status quo. In other words, they've bought into the propaganda. (I wish that the propaganda was the truth and that the truth was some form of propaganda, but reality is reality.)

The anti-gun liberals think that the rule of law (through the "police") will provide their protection... well, that rule of law needs to be protected too... and that's where the second amendment comes in. WE are our own last line of defense.

There is a saying that goes something like "Who will police the police?". That's where ordinary citizens come in, and it's been needed in this country before. I remember reading historical accounts of two such situations - one out west where a gang pretty much took over an area (including at least one town) by winning the election for sheriff and the people had to arm themselves in order to survive. Another similar situation happened in Tennessee somewhere (I don't remember the exact situation) - in both situations the police were the problem and the citizens had to defend themselves while someone escaped and went for help from higher up.

Here is something that DOES get past the emotional barrier and got people I've talked with to at least stop and think - tell them that gun control and gun bans used to be the law of the land in this country - Native Americans weren't supposed to have guns and it was against the law to sell them to us. We know the real reason for this - it was so that we couldn't defend ourselves, and the fact is, they (the politicians and law enforcement of the time) were counting on that. For many American Indians, freedom of religion and all of the other freedoms were denied us... many of us didn't get back those freedoms until after 1979 (when a federal law specifically granting us the right to practice our religion was passed). Ask them to think about that - and suggest they read what the MRFF (Military Religious Freedom Foundation) says about what is happening in our military right now. We may NEED the "assault weapons" in the near future!

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    If nothing else, this post is here to show some members who don't believe it that not all liberals are anti-gun, just as not all republicans are pro-gun. Stop stereotyping.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just about every southern democrat is a gun-owner. They've been voting dem since forever, as have their fathers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers...

They may not agree with the libs take on things, but you're not gonna get them to change political parties after being entrenched in one side for generations.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    That is just one opinion.

Slippery slope much?

I submit another from the same forum:

"Don't mention banning gun and don't talk about second amendment rights. Talk about other proactive things like requiring a license before being allowed to purchase a firearm from ANY source ... closing the gun show loophole ... registering all firearms ..."

and

"And again with the incessant wet dream of EVERYONE being armed. This ****ing loon has no shame. Not everybody wants to own a gun, get it thru your ****ing head Wayne. Jesus H Christ!!!!!!!!
    evilmad.gif
    "

both posters can be found this this thread:

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16967&start=20

Last edited:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    no. this picture paints itself. the talk from them, is the same as all liberals - guns are only for hunters and those intent on defending themselves from single attackers at close range.

i'm generally unwilling to lump everyone into the same crowd. seems like its justified here. liberal gun-owner might be a valid term, fine.

find me a liberal 2A (as its written and intended) supporter, then we'll talk.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I think both of you need to clarify your understanding of "2A (as it is written and intended)" before we can determine whether this will be a sanctioned bout or not.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I think both of you need to clarify your understanding of "2A (as it is written and intended)" before we can determine whether this will be a sanctioned bout or not.

"Sanctioned bout?" What have I gotten myself into?

The 2nd seems clear if one understands the English linguistic conventions of the time. Simply put: No laws regulating arms. No FFL at the federal level (although general local business licensing not relating to the sale of firearms would be OK), no background check, no regulation of arms by class or feature, constitutional carry (OC or CC) without restriction beyond a duty to obey a property owners' request to vacate. "Arms" generally interpreted to mean "Firearms," allowing regulation of indiscriminate devices including but not limited to MANPADS, missiles, Bio/Chem, and nukes.

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    2008, Supreme Court hears Columbia vs Heller => The Second Amendment provides Americans a fundamental right to bear arms that cannot be violated by state and local governments. 5 conservatives judges vote yes we do have a fundamental right to bear arms , 4 liberals judges vote against our fundamental right to bear arms. A very close vote on Con/Lib lines. Thanks to the liberal in the White House the number of libs in the Supreme court will change for the worse in the next four years. The liberals in power vs a few liberals on some tiny fourum. Yeah what ever.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    2008, Supreme Court hears Columbia vs Heller => The Second Amendment provides Americans a fundamental right to bear arms that cannot be violated by state and local governments. 5 conservatives judges vote yes we do have a fundamental right to bear arms , 4 liberals judges vote against our fundamental right to bear arms. A very close vote on Con/Lib lines. Thanks to the liberal in the White House the number of libs in the Supreme court will change for the worse in the next four years. The liberals in power vs a few liberals on some tiny fourum. Yeah what ever.

So your point is what, exactly? That because I don't have the clout of a SCotUS Justice it is reasonable to stereotype all "liberals" as virulent gun-haters? That my gun-related contributions aren't welcome here because I don't think that all taxation necessarily equals theft? :dunno:

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    So your point is what, exactly? That because I don't have the clout of a SCotUS Justice it is reasonable to stereotype all "liberals" as virulent gun-haters? That my gun-related contributions aren't welcome here because I don't think that all taxation necessarily equals theft? :dunno:

Point, the very real deeds of liberals in power vs the weightless words of some liberals on a forum in fly over country. Oddly enough states with strictest gun laws are liberal states. Just sayin I see a pattern.

Top Bottom