• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think I'm a lesbian trapped in the body of a man. What to do.

Man, grab a pen and paper, the list is long.

First you need to figure out how you've been discrimanted against. It's not too difficult, someone was mean to me in traffic today. Start with something like that.

Come up with a symbol or something to represent your "movement".

Immediately begin demanding that everyone not only recognize and acknowledge that it isn't your fault but celebrate your uniqueness. Realize that no one has the right to disagree with you or simply not want to have your "differences" jammed down their throats.

Whatever you do, absolutely do not attempt to live your life like a normal person. Demand to be noticed.

Lastly, and this is the most important part, find a bakery that makes cookies. Not cakes, not pies, not donuts, just cookies. Demand that they make you some cupcakes with your symbol on them and pray they tell you to pound sand so you can create a media circus and bring attention to your uniqueness, how you've been discriminated against and how you've been ignored.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The second is the definition of marriage has changed and this concept of "one man, one woman" is relatively new. In fact, the culture that adheres most closely with traditional marriage happen to be muslims.

I think you are very wrong here...the Roman Catholic Church explicitly defines marriage as the union of one man and one woman. This follows from Scripture so it goes about, oh, about two thousand years...Also, Islam is not a culture but a religion.

I would offer that you are both correct so far as Islam does not recognize any distinction between religion, state, and personal life in any secular sense. It is an all-encompassing system in which you may not check any part of it at the door unless you are at home with a really thick door.

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Alright, as far as "traditional" marriage goes (as put forth in the bible) there were a few people with only one wife (Adam, Abraham, Isaac). There were many other circumstances of "traditional marriage" that were enforced back then that are taboo today. For instance:

1. Jacob had 2 wives and two concubines (both concubines were regarded as property and had no decision in the matter).

2. Ruben's son Onam had to marry his older brother's wife (his only wife but he would have HAD to marry her no matter how many wives he had).

3. Levitical law states that if a single woman is raped, and she did scream for help, then it was mandatory that she marry her assailant.

4. Ruth's marriage to Boaz was mandatory because of land ownership laws designating Boaz as the kinsman redeemer (essentially he purchased Ruth).

5. Solomon had 700 wives.

I'm sure I can find plenty more. My point is, this notion of "traditional marriage" isn't founded in scripture, logic, or anything other than simply what's in the prevailing norm. If your marriage is one man and one woman, that's nice but do not legislate your preferences and morals. Side note, if you're going to Bible-thump, read the source material (aka RTFM).

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    What if i was created by the creator on an island and given all dominion over that island?

What if i found that even with that dominion over all i found myself lonely?

What if the creator then sent me a woman?

Would i need to get approval from the state to be married in the eyes of the creator?

Liberty is yet again being ceded to the state... and those who will not cede Liberty willingly the state will soon be along with a gun to your head to attempt to make you do so by force.

Wake up folks and witness the rape of Liberty.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    What if i was created by the creator on an island and given all dominion over that island?

What if i found that even with that dominion over all i found myself lonely?

What if the creator then sent me a woman?

Would i need to get approval from the state to be married in the eyes of the creator?

Liberty is yet again being ceded to the state... and those who will not cede Liberty willingly the state will soon be along with a gun to your head to attempt to make you do so by force.

Wake up folks and witness the rape of Liberty.

couldnt he just send you bacon? :rockwoot:

jake

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

This is very nearly the point I tried to make earlier in this thread. If moral authority is not derived by man or society, but by deity, then society/goverment does not give rights. It can only choose to recognize or violate the rights handed down by a higher authority. However if society/goverment is the creator of rights, then it may with moral authority create or withhold the percieved rights of any individual or subset of individuals based on the whims of the society/goverment as a whole. So if you do not believe in religion (source of moral authority above society/goverment), please do not be so disengenuous as to claim there is some absolute set of rights (right vs wrong) to which individuals are entitled. There is only what the state allows. If the state/society believes that Jews should be gassed or black people should be slaves, then so be it. We make our own rules, right?

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    No male companions?

Alright, as far as "traditional" marriage goes (as put forth in the bible) there were a few people with only one wife (Adam, Abraham, Isaac). There were many other circumstances of "traditional marriage" that were enforced back then that are taboo today. For instance:

1. Jacob had 2 wives and two concubines (both concubines were regarded as property and had no decision in the matter).

2. Ruben's son Onam had to marry his older brother's wife (his only wife but he would have HAD to marry her no matter how many wives he had).

3. Levitical law states that if a single woman is raped, and she did scream for help, then it was mandatory that she marry her assailant.

4. Ruth's marriage to Boaz was mandatory because of land ownership laws designating Boaz as the kinsman redeemer (essentially he purchased Ruth).

I'm sure I can find plenty more. My point is, this notion of "traditional marriage" isn't founded in scripture, logic, or anything other than simply what's in the prevailing norm. If your marriage is one man and one woman, that's nice but do not legislate your preferences and morals. Side note, if you're going to Bible-thump, read the source material (aka RTFM).

Since we are Bible thumping,conspicuously absent is any type of marriage between same sex couples.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    This is very nearly the point I tried to make earlier in this thread. If moral authority is not derived by man or society, but by deity, then society/goverment does not give rights. It can only choose to recognize or violate the rights handed down by a higher authority. However if society/goverment is the creator of rights, then it may with moral authority create or withhold the percieved rights of any individual or subset of individuals based on the whims of the society/goverment as a whole. So if you do not believe in religion (source of moral authority above society/goverment), please do not be so disengenuous as to claim there is some absolute set of rights (right vs wrong) to which individuals are entitled. There is only what the state allows. If the state/society believes that Jews should be gassed or black people should be slaves, then so be it. We make our own rules, right?

From what I am able to discern, many are more than willing to cede the state is the final authority.

In all honesty, I respectfully disagree.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Man, grab a pen and paper, the list is long.

First you need to figure out how you've been discrimanted against. It's not too difficult, someone was mean to me in traffic today. Start with something like that.

Come up with a symbol or something to represent your "movement".

Immediately begin demanding that everyone not only recognize and acknowledge that it isn't your fault but celebrate your uniqueness. Realize that no one has the right to disagree with you or simply not want to have your "differences" jammed down their throats.

Whatever you do, absolutely do not attempt to live your life like a normal person. Demand to be noticed.

Lastly, and this is the most important part, find a bakery that makes cookies. Not cakes, not pies, not donuts, just cookies. Demand that they make you some cupcakes with your symbol on them and pray they tell you to pound sand so you can create a media circus and bring attention to your uniqueness, how you've been discriminated against and how you've been ignored.

Wow! Release the hounds!

Let me give you an example of what it's like being a lesbian trapped in the body of a man. For one thing, the female form drives me nutz........
    Soft smooth skin, curvy hips, shapely limbs, rounded belly, fuller lips, glorious eyes, slightly saggy breasts (silicone is silly), the higher voice. I could go on but then you might think I'm bizarre....

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis

What you are proposing is a false dichotomy in the sense that one either believes in a universal, omnipotent, omnipresent god or nihilism. A religious faith is a philosophy and all philosophies make at least one assumption. From your perspective, you assume that there is a god, presumably with the qualities I mentioned earlier. You can't prove that god exists but you can't prove that god doesn't exist. I make 2 fundamental assumptions when it comes to morality:

1. Humans are rational and self-owning.
    2. It is wrong to infringe upon another's self-ownership.

Overall, though, morality is spontaneous. Good doesn't need to come from a discrete source, it is inherent in man. If you don't believe me, answer this question honestly.

If you found out conclusively tomorrow that there was no god, would you:
    A. Kick puppies
    B. Become a malicious dictator and enslave a small country
    C. Rob a bank
    D. Make the best of it and continue on with your life.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    What you are proposing is a false dichotomy in the sense that one either believes in a universal, omnipotent, omnipresent god or nihilism. A religious faith is a philosophy and all philosophies make at least one assumption. From your perspective, you assume that there is a god, presumably with the qualities I mentioned earlier. You can't prove that god exists but you can't prove that god doesn't exist. I make 2 fundamental assumptions when it comes to morality:

Overall, though, morality is spontaneous. Good doesn't need to come from a discrete source, it is inherent in man. If you don't believe me, answer this question honestly.

A. Kick puppies
    C. Rob a bank

i wont go into this because of forum rules but i would challenge you to consider reading "i dont have enough faith to be an atheist" by dr's frank turek and norman giesler.

i wont go so far as to say it will change your mind but i think you might find it interesting based on your posts

jake

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    and of course no reference to the new testament where things are discussed at length either..........

jake

You seem to have overlooked the story of Sodom an Gomorrah. That was in the Old Testament along with these other stories you have attempted to use to illigitimize the idea of traditional marriage that was established (Biblically at least) in the New Testament. If you are going to use the Bible to argue your position, please dont leave relavant information out.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

A. Kick puppies
    C. Rob a bank

I doubt many would be so harsh.

Rather I suspect many would delegate charity to theft by the state, legislate the killing of those with no say in the matter, and plead for the state to do more.. Including taking up legislation to criminalizing kicking of puppies.

Top Bottom