• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just where are these rights you speak of coming from? No where does any document give rights of this sort, nor does any religious doctrine.

What document GIVES us the right to free speech or to keep and bear arms? Where do those rights come from? What about personal liberty? My neice was abused sexually, emonionally and physically. The person who did that had no right to take her childhood from her. It was indeed a violation of her rights.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That isn't relevant to the argument.

Sure it does.

If you're going to recognize certain rights exist based on some criteria and certain other rights are not rights then "you" are placing limits on somebody else. The whole "gay rights" thing is based on the rejection of "traditional religious beliefs" in favor of another set of rules that cloak themselves in liberty, civil rights, or whatever. But if you use the same logic to reject one set of rules for a set of rules you like, why can't Aztecs just as legitimately reject your rules and operate on theirs?

My whole point is: if you choose to reject the tenets of say the Christian religion and adhere to some other philosophy, whatever it is, who's to say your preferences, your tenets are any more valid than the ones you've rejected?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    liberty for all! unless it goes against my beliefs.

Were it Liberty folks were concerned about, folks would be advocating to get the state out of agreements between individuals.

Few are advocating that.

Instead, they are advocating to expand the state's reach into the private lives of individuals.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What document GIVES us the right to free speech or to keep and bear arms? Where do those rights come from? What about personal liberty? My neice was abused sexually, emonionally and physically. The person who did that had no right to take her childhood from her. It was indeed a violation of her rights.

Is the person who did this still alive?

legamin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    The squirrel is like most squirrels I know.... it stands around and screams, "Why isn't the state doing more in this field?" or "Why isn't the state doing more in that field?"

Perhaps the squirrel would do well to ask, "What the Hell is the state doing out of its cage and involved in any of these fields?"

Perhaps the squirrel would do well argue for putting the state back in its cage and getting it out of fields where it has no business (such as marriage) instead of demanding the state advance its encroachment on relationships between individuals.

(BTW squirrel.... I like eating squirrels almost as much as I like eating pigs!)
    The state is in the marriage, the womb, the church, trying to reformulate the intent of the Constitution....if the average citizen understood how rapidly they were losing their rights to the government we would have a new revolution.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Marriage is a contract between two diametrically opposed forces who think differently than each other. These two forces are man and woman. There is no need for a smiliar contract between two members of the same sex. Men are from Mars and women are from Venus., Hence a treaty is needed to keep the peace. One involving oaths, vows, and the ability to bend. That treaty is called marriage.

The issue of gay marriage is not about "equal rights" or just like "the civil rights movement of the 60's". The push for gay marriage by a handful of gay activists is a way to "normalize" the lifestyle they chose and they play on peoples sense of "fairness" to push this idea.

If you put two men on a desert island and come back 200 years later to see what kind of society their progeny left you would find only silence. They would not make it because they do not have the ability to procreate. Chasity Bono can want to be a boy all day long but every night when she goes to sleep she knows in her heart of hearts that she is still that little girl trying to get her superstar moms attention.

I think the reason the LGTB lobby uses the term "homophobic" to describe anyone that disagrees with them illustrates this greatly. If you don't agree with me you are afraid. They say things like, "Be brave and modern. Join us."" You don't want to be on the wrong side of history do you?" It's amazing to me that folks who are constantlly complaining about bullying are the loudest bullies out there today. They try to bully churches and religous groups to change their way of thinking and doctrine that has been around for 2000 years and if they don't? Watch out because they will call you close minded and a bigot.

Except for Muslims and communists. The gay community ignores the purges that took place in Cuba after the revolution where gays, artists, and poets were sysematically shot by firing squads while Che sat in his corner office right by the execution site and smoked his stogies. They ignore the murder of gays in countries with sharia law. No protests, no boycotts, nada, but....They will jump all over a Christian that even questions their lifestyle. Selective outrage is a sure sign of not really believing in ones cause. This is all offered in my humble opinion.

I lost a close family member to AIDS and held his hand as his life left his body. Not a single member of the gay community was in that room though they were welcome. He died surrounded by his church going, Jesus loving, gun toting family. I am not telling this to give my credentials or to make it sound like I am a saint.(I am not) But I am sure that there are going to be those that read this post and may think that I am bigotted against gays. (I am not.) I just don't think they have the right to redefine a 5000 year old (roughly) contract between men and women.:twocents:

Last edited:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    The state is in the marriage, the womb, the church, trying to reformulate the intent of the Constitution....if the average citizen understood how rapidly they were losing their rights to the government we would have a new revolution.

This is true.... though I am not convinced the average citizen is at all willing to fight for their rights.

We have become, for the most part, a nation of sheep.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Why were the Founders and Framers silent on government involvement marriage? Probably because none of them had a marriage license other than what their respective churches may have issued.

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Marriage is a contract between two diametrically opposed forces who think differently than each other(...)

The problem of your stance is that you are missing two important factors.

The first is that you cannot bind your children and grandchildren to a contract that you and your father and grandfather have signed. In essence, no matter how many generations a type contract exists you cannot impose its terms upon new generations (this is my major reason for hating social security but that's a debate for a different time).

The second is the definition of marriage has changed and this concept of "one man, one woman" is relatively new. In fact, the culture that adheres most closely with traditional marriage happen to be muslims.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The second is the definition of marriage has changed and this concept of "one man, one woman" is relatively new. In fact, the culture that adheres most closely with traditional marriage happen to be muslims.

Read the fine print and you will find that their standards allow for one man and up to four wives plus concubines.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What man in his right mind wants any part of THAT?

It would require either insanity or else that other nice little provision that permits men to beat their wives into submission--and then that whole 'honor killing' thing. I had better stop here. I believe that I have tempted the mods enough for one day!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso

I think you are very wrong here...the Roman Catholic Church explicitly defines marriage as the union of one man and one woman. This follows from Scripture so it goes about, oh, about two thousand years...Also, Islam is not a culture but a religion.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom