• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    So does this really do the job and get into the rifling better than the old brush and patches?

Is it something worth using ocassionally?

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    I've been using three patches moistened with Windex to get out the chunks, a single dry patch, then an application of Wipeout (typically a 90 minute or thereabouts soak time) followed with three tight patches on a properly fitted jag, a single patch of light oil, then two dry patches.

If you've got a particularly nasty barrel, or one new to you - I've found up to three applications are necessary to get through the various layers of copper and carbon fouling.

Much easier than hours of applying copper solvent, patch after patch, and worrying about how long you are leaving the product in the barrel.

I haven't bought any Shooters Choice/Sweets/Kroil/Montana X-Treme in several years.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I like the wipe out... I usually shoot at the range, foam up the bore/s, load up the guns, and by the time I get home, and unpacked, the foam has done it's thing, and a few patches later, I'm done. It doesn't smell, stain, or irritate my delicate skin. :rolleyes:

No, the foam has never "run out" on my way home, guns laying flat in the back of my truck.

ps..... if you buy Wipe Out from E.A. Brown & Co. they will give you a per-can discount if you buy more than two cans.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Foam Cleaners

I use the Foam in conjunction with the Brush and solvents
    But I feel that the foam makes it a lot easier

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    I've used it several times and it seems to me that it does a bit better job than my other bore cleaning chemicals.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    China Mart used to carry it, had them on sale for 5 bucks, bought two to supplement the one I already had, now they are 13 bucks at Rural King. And the 'guvmint said there was no inflation this year? It's excellent stuff, best I've ever used, but 13 bucks? Sticking close to Kroil now.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Yep, works great. Used to shoot long range high power. Would definitely make a difference in my groups. I've only used Wipe Out foam cleaner. No experience with any others.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I first used this when I had shot a bolt action rifle that had never been shot before. The stuff I used is Gunslick foaming boar cleaner. It says the patch will be blue from copper, or black from powder. When I used it, the patch did have some blue and black areas. I only plan on using it for long guns. If I every buy a used gun, I might use it on that for good measure.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom