• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    The 5.7X28 was designed to be more than a 9MM, but less than a .223.
    Yes, the pistol IS bulky, No worse than a 92FS or other full size 9mm.
    I use Elite Ammo. varmint ammo and carry the pistol on my tractor for
    'targets of oppertunity'.

Mike

Glock32j

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Danville IN
    1000 fps or 2000 fps? My opinion, I would rather be shooting as fast as i can. I keep mine for home defense, rarely carry it. There is a slim chance that a robber will come in your house with body armour on. Bad guys are getting smarter these days unfortunetly.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    1000 fps or 2000 fps? My opinion, I would rather be shooting as fast as i can. I keep mine for home defense, rarely carry it. There is a slim chance that a robber will come in your house with body armour on. Bad guys are getting smarter these days unfortunetly.

Head/crotch shot.

Problem solved

danglearms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Mooresville,IN
    Awsome weapon, I bought one after shooting a friends. Chech the ballistics on the round. some call it the cop killer, because it will go thru a ballistic vest & kevlar helmet. check out the ps90 instead of building an ar57. lots more fun & who needs another ar.

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    The SAS did a test and said the SS192 ammunition would go through a level IIA vest. Henceforth SS192 was pulled from the market.(I still have 1100 rounds of it in the ammo can) The true armor piercing stuff, the SS190 and subsonic SS191 are not available for civilian consumption.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    I've got the 5.7 USG and its a blast to shoot! I just got the red dot mount in today and looking for a burris fastfire2 to go along with it. been using the SS197 and S192 ammo. Would love to get ahold of some SS198:ar15:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    they go through body armor. we used some surplus vests as targets, and man.....it's AWESOME. They are a bit expensive, but the uniqueness of the gun, plus the name attached to it play a big part IMO.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    they go through body armor. we used some surplus vests as targets, and man.....it's AWESOME. They are a bit expensive, but the uniqueness of the gun, plus the name attached to it play a big part IMO.
    I think the only ammo with that ability is illegal for us as measily citizens to own. Only LEO's and military have the ability to aquire that ammo.:rolleyes:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I don't understand why everyone thinks the 5.7 ammo is so expensive. Its $20 or less for 50 rounds: less than 40 or 45. Its also very high quality ammunition.

High grade ammo for the price of Winchester White Box, and everyone complains about its exorbitant price?

In addition, the 5.7 cartridge uses the same bullets, primers, and powders as .223 for reloading. That means, for those of you who complain about not being able to purchase the "good" ammo, you can roll your own for next to nothing: FMJ, steel penetrators, and solid copper bullets are all commonly available in .224 diameter.

In my opinion, the myth of the 5.7s exorbitant price just doesn't hold up to any scrutiny. :/

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    I don't understand why everyone thinks the 5.7 ammo is so expensive. Its $20 or less for 50 rounds: less than 40 or 45. Its also very high quality ammunition.

High grade ammo for the price of Winchester White Box, and everyone complains about its exorbitant price?

In addition, the 5.7 cartridge uses the same bullets, primers, and powders as .223 for reloading. That means, for those of you who complain about not being able to purchase the "good" ammo, you can roll your own for next to nothing: FMJ, steel penetrators, and solid copper bullets are all commonly available in .224 diameter.

In my opinion, the myth of the 5.7s exorbitant price just doesn't hold up to any scrutiny. :/

i just bought 750 rounds of SS197 for $240 comes to about $16 a box of 50. thats cheap compared to some 40 or 45.
    DSC01698.jpg

Last edited:

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I had one and I absolutely loved it. Had to sell it when times got a little rough. However last spring I got a PS90, and have about 3000 rounds of ammo for it.

Still debating trading off my USP Tactical for another one. Or 21st Century Firearms has one. Dont know yet

Top Bottom