• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Thanks, my post was not well written. I meant quantity. It isn't the best example in hind sight because I am basically arguing dosage/concentration and used a volume example. :n00b: Thats what I get for posting in between patients, all I really proved is that I am the one lacking concentration.

Glad I'm not your next patient :rofl:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Good idea, but on the policy side it is blatantly discriminatory. Poor folks wouldn't go buy the unit, and poor folk are more likly to be minority and live in urban areas with the worst quality of water.

I really do like the idea for the rural folks, but even then I think its a very discriminatory thing.

Again, good idea, but its very discriminatory.
    What is discriminatory about pumping good clean water without other chemicals to poor people. If you want fluoride, buy toothpaste(be sure to read poison warning on back tube). It really is there.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    In Rock Island, Illiniois, a water treatment facility spilled their chemical fluoride agent used to keep your teeth healthy and strong. It burned holes through the cement parking lot.

Oh for Pete's sake. This is a fine example of wild hyperbole. Good job Rambone for playing upon people's ignorance to keep them in fear. You're ready to become a politician now.

Better not drink rainwater either, it has sulfuric acid in it and that stuff can eat right through most organic things. :rolleyes:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Dig your own well, drink bottled or rain water only...problem solved.

Although due to the disaster in Japan...you might want to hold off on the rain water for a while.

I don't think bottled water would be the solution. :twocents:

Also, I've heard from a very reliable source that the City of Carmel treats their water with "Fluoride" that reads "Caution - TOXIC" on the bottle.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The thing that REALLY kills me are the people sucking on a cigarrette complaining about fluoride in their water. Or the ones smoking crack that won't immunize their kids. We are truly in the age of enlightened thinkers.

I can assure you that I don't smoke.

Plenty of smokers and crackheads give their kids immunizations too. Doesn't say a whole lot one way or the other.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Its 2011, and we have yet to see a plague epidemic in the US that kills 50% of our population, dang maybe this health regulation stuff is working after all.

Does fluoride allegedly fight disease along with tooth decay? Otherwise I don't know what you are trying to tell me, besides that you enjoy Big Government telling you what you need to drink.

Good idea, but on the policy side it is blatantly discriminatory. Poor folks wouldn't go buy the unit, and poor folk are more likly to be minority and live in urban areas with the worst quality of water.

I really do like the idea for the rural folks, but even then I think its a very discriminatory thing.

Again, good idea, but its very discriminatory.

Really? How can not doing something be discriminatory? Is not paying for everyone else's college discriminatory? Is not feeding other people with my tax dollars discriminatory?

It is not the government's job to ensure equal results. Besides that, removing fluoride from their water would be doing them a favor.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Also, I've heard from a very reliable source that the City of Carmel treats their water with "Fluoride" that reads "Caution - TOXIC" on the bottle.

Every fluoride container has warnings like that. Even toothpaste. Its not healthy to ingest.

water-fluoridation-hydrofluosilicic-acid-warning.png

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Hydrochloric acid, one of the strongest there is, will burn a hole through your car... yet your body produces it naturally in your stomach... go figure...

Just because something eats other materials doesn't mean it is necessarily bad for your body.

Disclaimer: I'm not arguing about putting flouride in water, I'm arguing that your reasoning "because it eats concrete it can't be good for us" is faulty.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If you want fluoride, buy toothpaste(be sure to read poison warning on back tube). It really is there.

The fluoride in toothpaste serves a VERY different function than that in water. The fluoride in TP (the "P" is for paste not paper, you can't really do anything about the "cavity" you use TP(aper) on) is in a concentration suitable for topical absorption into your tooth structure considering the amount of time it is anticipated to be in contact with your teeth. It is also intended to be rinsed out for the most part. The poison label is because parents need to be aware that it is for topical use and that it is not OK for kids to be eating the stuff. If they don't have the coordination to rinse and spit yet they should be using the non-fluoride TP still.
    The Fluoride in water has very little topical absorption benefit and is dosed out at a much more diluted concentration. It is intended to be ingested and available in your body as your teeth are being made. Having the Fluoride incorporated into the actual structure of your teeth as they are being made results in a much greater benefit. Unlike bone, teeth do not have a constant turnover mechanism so after a tooth is made the only benefit you get from fluoride is by having it absorb into the outer surface.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Does fluoride allegedly fight disease along with tooth decay? Otherwise I don't know what you are trying to tell me, besides that you enjoy Big Government telling you what you need to drink.

Really? How can not doing something be discriminatory? Is not paying for everyone else's college discriminatory? Is not feeding other people with my tax dollars discriminatory?

It is not the government's job to ensure equal results. Besides that, removing fluoride from their water would be doing them a favor.

Missed both points completely.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I just don't understand why it is up to the municipalities (government) to put fluoride in the water. If someone wants to install their own fluoride system in their home then that should be up to them.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    What is discriminatory about pumping good clean water without other chemicals to poor people. If you want fluoride, buy toothpaste(be sure to read poison warning on back tube). It really is there.

Good point, but Rambone was saying he wanted all the chemicals out. Something that I somewhat enjoy with my great well water out in the middle of the sticks. But for people in the city that is just not an option. I could do away with Flouride, heck studies show the toothpaste forms are more effective anyways. But it is very tricky to have these rules that will impact a very specific group of people in a negative way.

Maybe its not really discriminatory, as it is a disproportionate impact. But to me I see all kinds of red flags when only the poor people in urban areas would be negatively effected by this.

Maybe im over thinking it, but for me clean water should be a public good. As a taxpayer it is in my best interest for that water to be clean and available to everyone, so ya. Just my :twocents:

Edit: maybe it is just me seeing those red flags?

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Missed both points completely.

1. You started talking about epidemics and lifespans -- totally irellevant to this discussion. Not even our loving government is claiming that fluoride stops epidemics or increases lifespans.

2. You are misusing the word "discrimination." If you are one of these guys who fights for so-called "social justice" by injecting more government control over anything, suit yourself. But it is not discriminatory to treat everyone in the same way.

I'm ready for your counter-points.

Yeah, he's not really here to learn. Just talk slow to him, and it'll end OK. :popcorn:
    Go on 6birds, tell me why I should be drinking chemicals forced into my water supply? Is it for social justice? Are you concerned about how my smile looks? Add something to the discussion for once.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    1. You started talking about epidemics and lifespans -- totally irellevant to this discussion. Not even our loving government is claiming that fluoride stops epidemics or increases lifespans.

2. You are misusing the word "discrimination." If you are one of these guys who fights for so-called "social justice" by injecting more government control over anything, suit yourself. But it is not discriminatory to treat everyone in the same way.

I'm ready for your counter-points.

Nope, dude once again you miss by a mile. Counterpoint are a waste of my time here, honestly your not going to do anything but call me a big guberment supporter are you? And thats your prerogative, but im out of time to waste so ill go away.

Top Bottom