Down with fluoride!!!

toothless.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Well water here.

Chalk this up to another thing I never have to worry about.

I will say, I was sick, ALL the time when I lived in the city. Since I moved to the country I havent been sick for years.

Not sayin it means anything, not sayin it doesnt.

Less government intrusion into my life the better imo, I do brush with fluoride tho.

Country living is just better and cleaner in general.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My take on this has already been spelled out by this guy. Fluoride
    I don't personally know him but I've read his bio and almost everything on his site. His site is about the most realistic non-cool-aid drinking dentist website I've ever come across (meaning, as a fellow dentist I can tell you he has come up with conclusions based on logic and reason not because that is what some establishment has fed him.) From what little I do know about him (reading between the lines as a fellow dentist) he would fit in nicely in INGO. I would encourage you to look at his other topics also.

Thank you, sir!

You risk much by confusing the issue with logic and facts . . . always a hazardous choice.

In my admittedly limited experience, most people who are vehemently anti-fluoridation for alleged health concerns fall into one or both fo the following categories:

1. Those who don't actually do any research for themselves, but read something and assume it's correct; and 2) Those who lack the ability to discern the difference between legitimate scientific study and junk "science."

Those who oppose it solely based on political reasons or because they would prefer to have a choice in the matter may or may not share in those categories as well.

I see similar situations with such topics as aspartame, global warming, 9/11 gov't conspiracies, vaccinations, BPA in water bottles, etc.

Re: wells ...

I hope those who are anti-fluoridation who have wells are aware that fluoride can exist naturally in groundwater and just might be in yours. :D

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Thank you, sir!

You risk much by confusing the issue with logic and facts . . . always a hazardous choice.

In my admittedly limited experience, most people who are vehemently anti-fluoridation for alleged health concerns fall into one or both fo the following categories:

1. Those who don't actually do any research for themselves, but read something and assume it's correct; and 2) Those who lack the ability to discern the difference between legitimate scientific study and junk "science."

Those who oppose it solely based on political reasons or because they would prefer to have a choice in the matter may or may not share in those categories as well.

I see similar situations with such topics as aspartame, global warming, 9/11 gov't conspiracies, vaccinations, BPA in water bottles, etc.

Re: wells ...

I hope those who are anti-fluoridation who have wells are aware that fluoride can exist naturally in groundwater and just might be in yours. :D

Good god, man. I know how smart you are so don't even try to compare naturally occuring trace amounts of flourides with a biproduct of aluminum smelting that you have to call poison control about should your child eat it. They are far from the same chemical compounds.

For those who seem so intent on trusting the FDA, just read the fine print on the back of the toothpaste tube.

...and aspartame is crap, too.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

Scientific studies used to say the Earth was flat, and people believed them. Scientific studies said smoking tobacco products was safe. Scientific studies said asbestos was safe. Scientific studies said Vioxx was safe.

Science is an evolving field of study. When combined with greed, power, etc., science is sometimes used by some for some benefit, be it money, power, or both. Since it is now government that is involved in putting some fluoride in water, don't count on them every admitting it is bad. What I don't understand is why the IU Dental School still, after all these decades, has to continue to push new studies that artificial fluoride is safe. Why isn't a handful of studies from back in the day enough? Who is funding these studies? Don't worry, we may see in the future that the government will claim fluoride isn't "bad" or "unsafe," but isn't needed, as it has now been linked to bone cancer in young boys. So they will slowly move away from it, and may even run the printing presses for a day or two to make some sort of compensation fund. Given the history of the world, this wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I don't have a problem with fluorine. Yes, it's a toxic gas in certain quantities, but I don't know if it's a cumulative poison or not. Also, I don't know if the amount exceeds or meets that threshold, if there is one.

What bothers me is that it's done automatically... for our safety.
    How about they just let us purchase fluorine and add it on our own if we want it?
    Same thing for iodized salt. It's bad enough that I'm getting sodium, but adding iodine to it? Pretty similar, really.

Well water solves this problem pretty easily, though.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's not always trace amounts. Actually, the naturally occurring fluoride in some groundwaters can be several orders of magnitude higher than what is added to municipal water supplies. That's how you get the conditions depicted in the horror photos about the dangers of fluoride. Almost all of those photos floating around the net were the result of naturally occcurring fluoride in the water.

You're also confusing the issue about fluoride itself with the crap that some municipalities use to add the fluoride to the water. We've been through this before, but fluoride ion is fluoride ion. What you're talking about includes some metallic ionic species (some of which could pose genuine health risks depending on the concentration) that are going to be with if you choose to use industrial wastes for your source of fluoride. If you add potassium fluoride or sodium fluoride to the water, you're not going to have those issue.

Good god, man. I know how smart you are so don't even try to compare naturally occuring trace amounts of flourides with a biproduct of aluminum smelting that you have to call poison control about should your child eat it. They are far from the same chemical compounds.

For those who seem so intent on trusting the FDA, just read the fine print on the back of the toothpaste tube.

...and aspartame is crap, too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Fluorine gas and fluoride ion are not the same thing. The gas is highly reactive and does not exist naturally in a free state. Fluoride ion is a very stable species in aqueous solutions.

I agree on the issue of not having the choice. That's my problem with it.

I don't have a problem with fluorine. Yes, it's a toxic gas in certain quantities, but I don't know if it's a cumulative poison or not. Also, I don't know if the amount exceeds or meets that threshold, if there is one.

What bothers me is that it's done automatically... for our safety.
    How about they just let us purchase fluorine and add it on our own if we want it?
    Same thing for iodized salt. It's bad enough that I'm getting sodium, but adding iodine to it? Pretty similar, really.

Well water solves this problem pretty easily, though.

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    (Off the Record) I "know this guy" that where he works the employer put him through mandatory training on how to handle several chemicals that he would sometimes handle on a daily basis, many of which you are instructed to wear a respirator and not to get on your skin because consistant exposure and/or absorption into the skin is known to cause cancer, just like the standard warnings you would see on the back of motor oil bottles or anything made from oil like plastics. Through the years this person has worked at several locations of a famous pill company that also require workers to sit through a half day of saftey orientation (dependant on passing a drug screen) general saftey and more important issues like covering the HazMat Placard system and understanding the different levels of health hazards, during that time a background & credit check is being done. After the 4A violations and during your stay at the specific location you are subject to random drug testing which makes sense one way and kind of oxymoronic on another. Many of the employees there are friendly and welcome new faces and watch out for you and point out hazards in regard to your saftey which almost always leads to more conversation like, Yeah you think that is something! in this other building if chemical x got splilled you would be dead before you hit the floor or if that building over there ever got out of control it would level half the city. Luckily they follow OSHA rules and place hazmat plaques "everywhere" including a quite large ingredient/chemical list of everything used for the products manufactured many of which were covered in the mandatory training his employer put him through about consistant exposure and/or absorption into the skin is known to cause cancer. He recalled a few years back about people crying the poor mouth about losing health insurance that covered they're pills and they are too expensive and many were taking as much as 12 pills a day, He said if people are eating this stuff on a consistent basis, anywhere from 1-12 pills, day after day, year after year, looking back on the training these two companies proudly gave him, is there any wonder why the cancer rate is so high?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    POE Baby, POE

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjL9g3s6Fro&feature=related]YouTube - Dr. Strangelove - Fluoride Water Scene 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY]YouTube - Dr. Strangelove - Precious Bodily Fluids[/ame]

My Old Man was a SAC warrior, did many things, even flew on Looking Glass, I don't recall if his toothpaste was fluoridated or not?

Top Bottom