• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How do you guys feel about Fluoride in your drinking water? Ever thought about it?

Are there really benefits to drinking this chemical, a known toxin? Are you comfortable that you understand the long term effects of drinking this chemical daily?

Lets hear what you think. I think we're being fed a lie.

The Absurdities of Water Fluoridation

Fluoridation is UNSAFE because:

1) It accumulates in our bones and makes them more brittle and prone to fracture. The weight of evidence from animal studies, clinical studies and epidemiological studies on this is overwhelming. Lifetime exposure to fluoride will contribute to higher rates of hip fracture in the elderly.

2) It accumulates in our pineal gland, possibly lowering the production of melatonin a very important regulatory hormone (Luke, 1997, 2001).

3) It damages the enamel (dental fluorosis) of a high percentage of children. Between 30 and 50% of children have dental fluorosis on at least two teeth in optimally fluoridated communities (Heller et al, 1997 and McDonagh et al, 2000).

4) There are serious, but yet unproven, concerns about a connection between fluoridation and osteosarcoma in young men (Cohn, 1992), as well as fluoridation and the current epidemics of both arthritis and hypothyroidism.

5) In animal studies fluoride at 1 ppm in drinking water increases the uptake of aluminum into the brain (Varner et al, 1998).

6) Counties with 3 ppm or more of fluoride in their water have lower fertility rates (Freni, 1994).

7) In human studies the fluoridating agents most commonly used in the US not only increase the uptake of lead into children's blood (Masters and Coplan, 1999, 2000) but are also associated with an increase in violent behavior.

8) The margin of safety between the so-called therapeutic benefit of reducing dental decay and many of these end points is either nonexistent or precariously low.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    this has been in our water for years. thats why americans generaly have better teeth or more teeth compared to europeans.

wouldnt suprise me as to what all the government has illegaly tested on us in our water supply. look at the nuclear test they use to do on unknowing U.S. citizens and soldiers. I'd still like to know what all the shots i got and pills i took were for in the military that they didnt tell us about. one day my d*ck will probly turn into a riot shield when someone says a certain word. LMAO. go go gadget, riot shield. go go gadget billy club

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here's a nice cartoon to let your kids watch. It is pro-water-fluoridation, pro-Global-Warming, anti-Tea-Party, pro-government, etc.

The moral is that if you don't drink your Fluoride like a good sheep you will be a toothless hillbilly. I'm glad I don't have cable. What garbage.

YouTube - Adult Swim - Propaganda

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This information is telling me otherwise regarding Europeans. The only alleged benefit is the topical application of fluoride on top of teeth. Ingesting it has no benefits.

Its in toothpaste, but you aren't supposed to eat toothpaste. You spit it back out.

10 Facts about Fluoride

Water fluoridation’s benefits to teeth have been exaggerated. Even proponents of water fluoridation admit that it is not as effective as it was once claimed to be. While proponents still believe in its effectiveness, a growing number of studies strongly question this assessment. (24-46) According to a systematic review published by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, "The magnitude of [fluoridation's] effect is not large in absolute terms, is often not statistically significant and may not be of clinical significance." (36)
    a) No difference exists in tooth decay between fluoridated & unfluoridated countries. While water fluoridation is often credited with causing the reduction in tooth decay that has occurred in the US over the past 50 years, the same reductions in tooth decay have occurred in all western countries, most of which have never added fluoride to their water. The vast majority of western Europe has rejected water fluoridation. Yet, according to comprehensive data from the World Health Organization, their tooth decay rates are just as low, and, in fact, often lower than the tooth decay rates in the US. (25, 35, 44)

b) Cavities do not increase when fluoridation stops
    In contrast to earlier findings, five studies published since 2000 have reported no increase in tooth decay in communities which have ended fluoridation. (37-41)

c)
    Fluoridation does not prevent oral health crises in low-income areas.
    While some allege that fluoridation is especially effective for low-income communities, there is very little evidence to support this claim. According to a recent systematic review from the British government, "The evidence about [fluoridation] reducing inequalities in dental health was of poor quality, contradictory and unreliable." (45) In the United States, severe dental crises are occurring in low-income areas irrespective of whether the community has fluoride added to its water supply. (46) In addition, several studies have confirmed that the incidence of severe tooth decay in children (“baby bottle tooth decay”) is not significantly different in fluoridated vs unfluoridated areas. (27,32,42) Thus, despite some emotionally-based claims to the contrary, water fluoridation does not prevent the oral health problems related to poverty and lack of dental-care access.​

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This information is telling me otherwise regarding Europeans. The only alleged benefit is the topical application of fluoride on top of teeth. Ingesting it has no benefits.

Its in toothpaste, but you aren't supposed to eat toothpaste. You spit it back out.

It was an easy, low-cost method to get fluoride application to the teeth of small children whose parents wouldn't or couldn't do so otherwise. (Yes, I'm implying that toothpaste is not something you'd find in everybody's medicine cabinet!)

However, with the advent of greater awareness, better education, cost availability of tooth paste and rinses, there's little reason in my mind to be ingesting the stuff. But as with all government programs, even the seemingly beneficial ones, getting it overturned is about as likely as ice fishing in hell.

On the other side of the coin, Americans have been ingesting it for years. It's the biggest sample size of any known study and I do not hear of any strong links directly relating fluoride ingestion with the maladies we suffer. I have a feeling that the fluoridation is a catalyst, or at best a contributing factor, but very rarely a cause of adverse effects unto itself.

And why in your very first post do they cite sources for all their claims except the last one? Not good for maintaining credibility IMO.

ETA: on the list of things to be concerned about regarding government programs and actions, this one falls relatively low. Unless they find that it sharply increases the susceptibility of the person to become brainwashed or to develop a strong taste for a particular brand of kool-aid, I'm not that worried.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ETA: on the list of things to be concerned about regarding government programs and actions, this one falls relatively low. Unless they find that it sharply increases the susceptibility of the person to become brainwashed or to develop a strong taste for a particular brand of kool-aid, I'm not that worried.

Well, that might explain why so many morons went obama last time.

Fluoride in the drinking water.... that's why I only drink rain water and pure-grain alcohol.
    ;)

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    This flouride business is the stuff you hear about on am talk radio. After about 10 minutes of hearing a guy jabber on about the dangers of flouride, I had to turn it off. I'm more apt to believe it is a contributing factor (like gt said) than to label flouride as evil.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    this has been in our water for years. thats why americans generaly have better teeth or more teeth compared to europeans.

wouldnt suprise me as to what all the government has illegaly tested on us in our water supply. look at the nuclear test they use to do on unknowing U.S. citizens and soldiers. I'd still like to know what all the shots i got and pills i took were for in the military that they didnt tell us about. one day my d*ck will probly turn into a riot shield when someone says a certain word. LMAO. go go gadget, riot shield. go go gadget billy club
    :+1::lol2:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Fluoride suppresses thyroid activity which can, in turn lead to a long list of other issues (diabetes, high cholesterol and other lipid issues, etc.), as proper thyroid function is critical to overall health.

The cool part about fluoride is, just like chlorine, you absorb it through your skin, simply by bathing in it.

Don't trust me...just don't fail by simply trusting the ADA and government on this either...do your own research, make up your own mind.

Here's a decent place to start that might raise some questions, or give some answers...

Fluoride & the Thyroid

Edit: Check this one out too... Fluoride & the Brain

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Bottles of toothpaste have labels that say if your child ingests it, to call the Poison Control Center. There is one active ingredient in toothpaste: sodium fluoride.

Eating/drinking fluoride is a bad idea. A lifetime of exposure cannot be good for a person. I wish the government wasn't so concerned with the well-being of my teeth.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    How do you guys feel about Fluoride in your drinking water? Ever thought about it?

Are there really benefits to drinking this chemical, a known toxin? Are you comfortable that you understand the long term effects of drinking this chemical daily?

Lets hear what you think. I think we're being fed a lie.

They got us watching American Idol and Sean Hannity, in droves.

The intent is to turn this country into a working prototype of Idiocracy, and it's working.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    From what I understand; fluoride is actually detrimental to your teeth and overall health; it's a chemical it's not good PERIOD.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My take on this has already been spelled out by this guy. Fluoride
    I don't personally know him but I've read his bio and almost everything on his site. His site is about the most realistic non-cool-aid drinking dentist website I've ever come across (meaning, as a fellow dentist I can tell you he has come up with conclusions based on logic and reason not because that is what some establishment has fed him.) From what little I do know about him (reading between the lines as a fellow dentist) he would fit in nicely in INGO. I would encourage you to look at his other topics also.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Fluoridation

[SIZE=-1]"Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation? -- fluoridation of water? . . . Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? . . . Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water -- why, there are studies under way to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake! -- children's ice cream!
    "Do you know when fluoridation first began? . . . Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh?
    "It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual -- certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
    -- Gen. Jack D. Ripper, Dr. Strangelove
    [/SIZE]​
    This guy was way ahead of his prime:D

Top Bottom