• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just a thought: After being "decked", is the shooter supposed to lay there and wait to see what the deceased may decide to do next? How long should he wait? Was the threat truly stopped prior to the shooting?

You've been slammed on the ground on the ground by a guy much younger than you, and in apparently better shape than you. Do you then recognize a clear retreat from this guy? I sure didn't see it and my thinking would probably be that this isn't over and the slammer has all the initiative, or at least thought he did. Plus I expect you would be inconsiderable pain from the slamming and want to take steps to insure you don't get re-slammed or worse.

Also, several say he was hollering at the woman. Other than her say so do we have any evidence of this? Have any of us ever had people tell out and out lies about us to our detriment? I have.

He was knocked to the ground, but the way some people are talking, you'd think that Hulk Hogan picked him up and slammed him head first into the pavement.

For being slammed so violently to the ground, it sure looks like he was able to draw, get a sight picture and get a well-aimed shot to what looks to be center mass.

On a fairly stationary target, I might add.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Just a thought: After being "decked", is the shooter supposed to lay there and wait to see what the deceased may decide to do next? How long should he wait? Was the threat truly stopped prior to the shooting?
    If the deceased does anything I would be highly shocked. But seriously, unless someone is currently in that situation it is very difficult to say what one would do. I wouldn't have been yelling at someone for parking in the spot nor would I shove someone yelling at my spouse, though I would get in-between and find out what is going on.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Also, several say he was hollering at the woman. Other than her say so do we have any evidence of this? Have any of us ever had people tell out and out lies about us to our detriment? I have.

Did you bother to watch the video?
    From the video you can clearly see the man's aggressive stance with the woman (head thrusts, finger pointing), it's safe to assume that he's also "hollering".

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How about a tactical stand up? OR...if this decrepit old man couldn't get back up, assume a defensive position while drawing his handgun. Then give commands to the suspect to stay away.

You've been slammed on the ground on the ground by a guy much younger than you, and in apparently better shape than you. Do you then recognize a clear retreat from this guy? I sure didn't see it and my thinking would probably be that this isn't over and the slammer has all the initiative, or at least thought he did. Plus I expect you would be inconsiderable pain from the slamming and want to take steps to insure you don't get re-slammed or worse.
    It's all in how you fall. Most people have no idea how to fall correctly. He got shoved to the ground, big whoop.

Must have came from the same source that describes the shooter as a handicapped elderly man. Their lies do not justify our own

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's all in how you fall. Most people have no idea how to fall correctly. He got shoved to the ground, big whoop.

Dude, getting shoved to the ground is absolutely a "big whoop" to me. There is no "fall correctly" if you don't have the ability to "fall correctly."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The whole thing reminds me of the case (also Florida, I believe) where a man approached a car full of teens/young men at a gas station to demand they turn their loud music down, an argument ensued and "fearing for his life" the man ended up perforating their car and a kid in the back seat

Call me judgmental, but in my estimation this man was carrying his balls in a holster that day, as was the man at the gas station. The comforting presence of a gun quite possibly gave each of them chutzpah they would not have otherwise had

Don't write checks with your mouth that your ass can't cash

Save the lethal force for real matters of life and death

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Getting knocked down by a right hand from Mike Tyson is a big deal.

Getting knocked down because I'm yelling at someone about a parking space in a store lot I do not own is ****ing stupid.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Getting knocked down by a right hand from Mike Tyson is a big deal.

Getting knocked down because I'm yelling at someone about a parking space in a store lot I do not own is ****ing stupid.
    How does a verbal conflict alter the impact from being knocked off their feet?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As I read back through this thread the differing opinions and views of what took place are very differing. It has made me watch and re-watch the video several times. Every time I watch it I see something else that someone mentioned in a post.
    My overall take has not been changed but somewhat altered.

Carry on. This is most interesting....:popcorn:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As I read back through this thread the differing opinions and views of what took place are very differing. It has made me watch and re-watch the video several times. Every time I watch it I see something else that someone mentioned in a post.
    My overall take has not been changed but somewhat altered.

Carry on. This is most interesting....:popcorn:

With great [fire]power comes great responsibility

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    All I see is a bunch of people who live in the suburbs or rural area. If you truly believe this would have been over with just a shove, please don't shop or get gas inside 465.

I've witnessed too many situations similar to this where more than one assailant took a cheap shot at a man on the ground just because. Anyone remember Reginald Denny?

Did he need to shoot? Probably. The results of not shooting would have probably ended poorly for the assaulted victim. And yes, he was the victim.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All I see is a bunch of people who live in the suburbs or rural area. If you truly believe this would have been over with just a shove, please don't shop or get gas inside 465.

I've witnessed too many situations similar to this where more than one assailant took a cheap shot at a man on the ground just because. Anyone remember Reginald Denny?

Did he need to shoot? Probably. The results of not shooting would have probably ended poorly for the assaulted victim. And yes, he was the victim.

Alas, that's not akin to what happened here

The case under discussion has more in common with your putative inside 465 gas purchaser confronting a customer of said gas station over sloppily parking across two spaces, and then shooting him when he takes umbrage

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Alas, that's not akin to what happened here

The case under discussion has more in common with your putative inside 465 gas purchaser confronting a customer of said gas station over sloppily parking across two spaces, and then shooting him when he takes umbrage

I didn't think physical assault was classified as umbrage. I'm gonna have to check that definition. Not saying you're wrong, just saying you aren't right.

Top Bottom