• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Battery in my Streamlight Microstream died today. That's 2 batteries in about 12 weeks with daily use. I think Streamlight says it should get about 2.25 hours per battery. One was a lithium and one was the alkaline that came with the MicroStream. :)

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I'm gonna try one of those cheapie $4 Cree lights off of Amazon. For $4, why not?

I just recently buy two of them. Long shipping times but surprisingly bright on just one AA. I have not tried them with the 14500 battery yet. Worth the money. Some one in this thread had a link to them on amazon.

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    I just recently buy two of them. Long shipping times but surprisingly bright on just one AA. I have not tried them with the 14500 battery yet. Worth the money. Some one in this thread had a link to them on amazon.

Here it is. Just bought another one for my Dad. Going to buy a 14500 battery to see how they do, even though AA's are pretty effective, though.

Ship time is close to one month, so be patient.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Just ordered a PD32 from LED Warehouse....looks sweet. Can't want to get it! It was between the 32 or 22. Liked the runtimes and lumen output of the 32 better. A bit bigger and heavier but that's the trade off I guess! :):

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    I've looked at tactical lights for a little while now, why do they all cost so much?

Depends on the light. But in general, you are paying for a higher end LED, lens, reflector, a durable switch and a heavier body, a durable chip that controls the LED, duel springs to "float" your batteries.

Just the raw cree XML LED cost $7-12. That's before it's put on a chip and made into a flashlight.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    It ks a nice light but I want even simpler. On and off. That's it with lots of throw and light out put.

The most simply lights are Surefire. Something like the E2D defender or the EB2 would suite you well. Both are build to throw a tight beam of light.

Surefire E2D Defender Ultra
    and
    Surefire EB2 Back Up with Tactical Switch

Along the same lines as Surefire is Elzetta. Again simple lights, built like tanks in the USA and have some throw.

Elzetta Bravo 2-cell 650 lumen High/Low Standard Head

The Fenix TK15 has multi modes, but to change them you have to hit the switch on the side. Other than than, it stays on the last mode you set it to.

Fenix TK15 S2 Edition

One of the most interesting lights to come out recently is the MMR-X from Foursevens. This is very programmable, but you can program it to be simply on and off. Programming can only change when the light is plugged into a USP charger. This is a nice set up because it's rechargeable and comes with the battery, cord and light.

FOURSEVENS Maelstrom Regen MMR-X

And there are the QB2A and the QB2L from Foursevens. Both built to throw, and both, once programmed, has a very simple user switch. The QB2A gets bonus points for AA battery fans.

Quark Turbo QB2A Gen 2
    and
    Quark Turbo QB2L Gen 2

Top Bottom