• ...and so much more!
  • My opinion of banning desecration of the American flag:

• Total voters

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think more irony is laden with those who talk that crap about fighting for people they disdain in agenda, and then whine about America being so crappy because those with the agenda you dont support have uprooted the American dream with filth.

That is irony.

I wonder why the Spartans told the Persians to go screw themselves, and then didnt have a problem putting foot to a**.

A war can be physical, social and political; We've lost each.

No more ironic than you trying to force your agenda on them.

I think the biggest failure of our founders and the constitution was not putting an extreme emphasis on property rights. You want to smoke a dube or a pole, that's your right so long as you leave me be in the process. Instead, we have a bunch of "conservative" tyrants trying to force their brand of morality on others. How is that any worse than the liberals trying to force their agenda on us? While I agree with most of the conservative morality and disagree with 99.9% of liberal morality, I have no power to dictate what you do.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Jackson gets kudos for defeating central banking. Trail of Tears? Not so much. I do, however, understand the appeal to the Nordic conqueror type.

I think the Trail of tears, in hindsight, was perhaps not good (For them); But I wonder how many thousands of American Citizens would've been raped and murdered at the hands of the cherokee.

Jackson was an American; His devotion was to the American people, and they're safety, and he did just that.

We today, often forget that during the time, there was something called the American Indian wars, of which is not defined by any year or battles, but consecutive wars.

Today, what do we hear a majority of Americans whinning about? Immigration. Who are those Immigrants? Descendants of the conquered Indian people, seeking to not assimilate, but take back.

What are majority Americans asking? No more illegals, do something with the illegals.
    I wonder how many would feel the same about a 2nd trail of tears exodus?

All Im saying is this, we were not alive back then, but with reasonable study of history we can easily deduce the right choices were made.

Now if you want to talk about the absolute evil Americans put on the Indian peoples, I will agree that forcing our way of life, denying them they're right to self-determination, and self rule is purely and wholly evil.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    No more ironic than you trying to force your agenda on them.

I think the biggest failure of our founders and the constitution was not putting an extreme emphasis on property rights. You want to smoke a dube or a pole, that's your right so long as you leave me be in the process. Instead, we have a bunch of "conservative" tyrants trying to force their brand of morality on others. How is that any worse than the liberals trying to force their agenda on us? While I agree with most of the conservative morality and disagree with 99.9% of liberal morality, I have no power to dictate what you do.

What am I "forcing" on anyone? I think it's quite the opposite that I've had foreign and evil agendas thrown on me.

I dont believe I came to America, thought of ways to change the direction of the Nations in the 1950s.

I want the original Founders intent.

Again, I've explained, if you never liked America's foundation, seek life else where, dont corrupt a good system, dont filth it up with communist leanings.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think it should be considered treason and the person executed. Happy?

:yesway::yesway:

Must this topic be brought up again. It seems like every few months there is a thread on:
    -flag burning
    -baby killer soldiers
    -jack boot thug leo's

Some of you know how heated these threads get with never no resolution just dividing of INGO. How about we talk about guns since this is Indiana Gun Owners.

:ranton:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not in the least, should you be serious.

We are at war. US Citizens that engage in flag burning are giving aid and comfort to the enemy by showing them that they have kindred spirits already in place. This can and will lead to further terrorist attacks on the United States leading to the deaths of our people. I also believe that seeing such displays may negatively affect the morale of our troops which damages our National Security. So if nothing else the Flag burners should be scooped up and taken to Gitmo until such time that the current hostilities have ceased.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We are at war. US Citizens that engage in flag burning are giving aid and comfort to the enemy by showing them that they have kindred spirits already in place. This can and will lead to further terrorist attacks on the United States leading to the deaths of our people. I also believe that seeing such displays may negatively affect the morale of our troops which damages our National Security. So if nothing else the Flag burners should be scooped up and taken to Gitmo until such time that the current hostilities have ceased.

This is why people say that war is the key to eroding our liberties.

Look at how easily you sacrificed the 1st Amendment. ...And the 4th Amendment? Scoop up dissenters to the government and take them to Gitmo?

Anything to win the war right? How about a mandatory curfew enforced by soldiers in the streets?

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What am I "forcing" on anyone? I think it's quite the opposite that I've had foreign and evil agendas thrown on me.

I dont believe I came to America, thought of ways to change the direction of the Nations in the 1950s.

I want the original Founders intent.

Again, I've explained, if you never liked America's foundation, seek life else where, dont corrupt a good system, dont filth it up with communist leanings.

In my perfect "society", all couples would be married and all children would have 1 mother and 1 father to raise them in a house with a picket fence, worship the God that I do, yada, yada, yada. But my power to enforce that vision is limited to my simple desire for those things. To tell someone they can't burn a piece of cloth they purchased makes me no less of a tyrant than the person who tells me I can't pray in public or whatever.

I think you need to do a little reading on what true property rights are really about. You are free to do whatever it is you wish with whatever you own so long as it doesn't affect my ability to do the same with mine. Instead, we have "conservatives" that want to tell you what you can and can't put in your body, what kind of blankets you can display in your store windows, etc. Yes, their vision is most likely more like the founders than liberals but to impose their vision on others is still tyranny.

If you think I'm a commie, I'll need to chop down a redwood to make the clue bat.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well since you're planning on wiping out that whole First Amendment thing for your nationalism...her ya go.

toilet-paper-constitution2.jpg

You'll be in good company.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    This is why people say that war is the key to eroding our liberties.

Look at how easily you sacrificed the 1st Amendment. ...And the 4th Amendment? Scoop up dissenters to the government and take them to Gitmo?

Anything to win the war right? How about a mandatory curfew enforced by soldiers in the streets?

I'll play. Can you name me ONE person who was transferred from US soil to GITMO? One. Doesn't even have to be a citizen. Just one person.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'll play. Can you name me ONE person who was transferred from US soil to GITMO? One. Doesn't even have to be a citizen. Just one person.

I am responding to Expat's idea. So far total tyranny has not taken over. Just partial tyranny.

So if nothing else the Flag burners should be scooped up and taken to Gitmo until such time that the current hostilities have ceased.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    :yesway::yesway:

Must this topic be brought up again. It seems like every few months there is a thread on:
    -flag burning
    -baby killer soldiers
    -jack boot thug leo's

Some of you know how heated these threads get with never no resolution just dividing of INGO. How about we talk about guns since this is Indiana Gun Owners.

:ranton:

Indiana Gun Owners. Good title. The title of this forum is General Political Discussion. I suggest the forums you're seeking are titled Long Guns, or Handguns, or Class III, or Tactics and Training, or even 2nd Amendment.

In this forum we discuss a variety of political issues, some of which come up over and over. The idea isn't to resolve anything, but to discuss, argue, and test our ideas in the fire of disagreement.

Glad I could help.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Once the precedent is set for arresting and executing people for burning a flag, it should be an easy transition to executing people who burn korans, and criticize the government in other ways.

Criticizing the Commander in Chief is actually more detrimental to our National Security than desecrating a flag. Amirite?

Enjoy the patriotism folks, when it is breaking down your door and arresting you.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Once the precedent is set for arresting and executing people for burning a flag, it should be an easy transition to executing people who burn korans, and criticize the government in other ways.

Criticizing the Commander in Chief is actually more detrimental to our National Security than desecrating a flag. Amirite?

Enjoy the patriotism folks, when it is breaking down your door and arresting you.

You know, perhaps we need a violent wing of the libertarian philosophy. We can call it the Ragnar Danneskjold wing.

Top Bottom