• My opinion of banning desecration of the American flag:

• Total voters

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Instead of raising hell about flag burning, why don't we try to do something about American flags that are manufactured outside of America? And then bought by some jackass penguin in this country and displayed proudly. I really don't see anything more commi than that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Isn't there a certain level of irony in wanting to kick someone's ass for burning a piece of cloth and telling someone who is really trampling your freedoms "just wait until election day"?

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Isn't there a certain level of irony in wanting to kick someone's ass for burning a piece of cloth and telling someone who is really trampling your freedoms "just wait until election day"?

So we should want to beat the politician's ass? I think you get more time for that and more news coverage...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)

I think more irony is laden with those who talk that crap about fighting for people they disdain in agenda, and then whine about America being so crappy because those with the agenda you dont support have uprooted the American dream with filth.

That is irony.

I wonder why the Spartans told the Persians to go screw themselves, and then didnt have a problem putting foot to a**.

A war can be physical, social and political; We've lost each.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Because the thing to do when the wife starts talking divorce is kill the *****.

Yeah, right..... It's a time for celebration, men, women, you can relate to that.:laugh:
    If a relationship is that pee poor, the best thing to do is leave, and add ZERO baggage to that exodus.:)

Im not sure what brought this up, unless this is another analogy??:dunno:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've said this on here before. I took my flag down. I'm to the point where I feel our founders would take our flags away from us if they could come back and do so. Every American is responsible for our country straying away from what our founders fought, bled, and died for. And yet we have the arrogance to believe we are worthy of being their equals. They risked their lives to give us liberty. What are we doing with the gift they've given us? We are pissing it away for our posterity. They cared more for their posterity than their own lives. We are selling our children into slavery for our own slice of government cheese.

My point exactly... if people wanted to secede, why not just let them go?

You could always buy them flowers, take them to dinner, and really, really listen for once.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My point exactly... if people wanted to secede, why not just let them go?

So, to play devil's advocate... does that mean you were for the continued enslavement of the blacks in the South? Wasn't the war worth destroying such a cruel institution?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    So, to play devil's advocate... does that mean you were for the continued enslavement of the blacks in the South? Wasn't the war worth destroying such a cruel institution?

The civil war was NEVER about 'freeing' the White or Black slaves; Infact, Lincoln in his speech suggested, that if he lived longer, that he would repatroit them back to Africa, I believe as part of the ACS goal, of which the American Govt purchased Liberia.

The war, was over keeping the Union intack.

They were given "freedom" a really, horrid version of it afterwards, and were and continue to this day, to be refused the right to self-govern, and self determination; Hence the illusion of they're freedom is a major joke in Americistan.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The civil war was NEVER about 'freeing' the White or Black slaves; Infact, Lincoln in his speech suggested, that if he lived longer, that he would repatroit them back to Africa, I believe as part of the ACS goal, of which the American Govt purchased Liberia.

The war, was over keeping the Union intack.

They were given "freedom" a really, horrid version of it afterwards, and were and continue to this day, to be refused the right to self-govern, and self determination; Hence the illusion of they're freedom is a major joke in Americistan.

I know all about Lincoln's intent and the argument that slavery was not even remotely part of the reasoning for the war. That Lincoln freed them during the war just to further weaken the South. But, one of the results of the war was that the slaves were freed.Thus the reason my statement was worded the way it was.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm not in favor of the particular form of slavery practiced in early America, no. As to whether any war is "worth" its purported aims, which assumes the war's efficacy at achieving those aims, I tend to take the skeptical view. And even with those concerns laid aside, I see no good reason to continue forbidding secession once the issue of slavery has been resolved.

Top Bottom