• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm honestly too tired to read the full IC, but what are the penalties of lighting fireworks while under this "local disaster emergency"?

The Urinal Gazette in FtW states possible penalties of Class C misdemeanor, jail time and up to $500 fine. The DA has stated that she will prosecute offenders.

:noway:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Actually it is the reverse. The public display that requires city/county permits are banned. They do so by pulling the permits, thus not allowing them to fire them off without serious fines for doing so without permits. However, due to State law, the "common" person can burn down theirs and their neighbors houses all they want.

Not in Fort Wayne. IPFW will have their display, the TinCaps still have their displays.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    46a82641.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have some left over fireworks. I don't plan on shooting them off or burning down the neighborhood BUT I like to argue so here goes...

Denny347, I can't find anything stating "Indy has declared a declared a local disaster emergency with an executive order under Indiana code 36-8-2-4
    ". Where did you get your info?

If we were, I'd think it would be listed on the Fire Chief's site (just updated by the way).
    Indiana Fire Chiefs Association - Home
    -or on the .gov page (which mentions 22-11-14-10.5).
    IDHS: Issuing Burn Bans

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have been arguing with a fort wayne newscaster that fort waynes state of emergency is in regard tp the storm and not the drought.

He seems to think that the "fines" will stick even though IC specifically states that bans must come from the state fire marshall and that they can only ban commercial displays and not on private property with consumer fireworks. Seems to me that a locality can't override IC. I may be wrong, but it seems pretty cut and dry.

Its a load of ****.

Power is out. Don't light a candle.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Everyone seemed to have behaved last night. We watched the Geist fireworks and they too, were as good as I could remember.

I can't wait for the "2nd 4th" when they lift this ban. There are some stock piles of artillery laying around!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have some left over fireworks. I don't plan on shooting them off or burning down the neighborhood BUT I like to argue so here goes...

Denny347, I can't find anything stating "Indy has declared a declared a local disaster emergency with an executive order under Indiana code 36-8-2-4
    ". Where did you get your info?

If we were, I'd think it would be listed on the Fire Chief's site (just updated by the way).
    Indiana Fire Chiefs Association - Home
    -or on the .gov page (which mentions 22-11-14-10.5).
    IDHS: Issuing Burn Bans

I received a copy of the signed executive order in my department email.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I received a copy of the signed executive order in my department email.

Interesting. So if that order causes people to get ticketed and it didn't come from the state level it sounds like they could get out of it based on Indiana Code.

Some of these legal wranglings are starting to intrigue me. Maybe I should have followed my uncle into law school. :)

Top Bottom