• ...and so much more!
  • Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I am a patriot.

I feverently await Independance day every year, hundreds of dollars of fireworks sitting in my shed, the twitching of excitement building every day until I can blow some **** up into the sky.

I will not be doing so this year.

Common sense safety should trump all. It is simply way way way too dry to be shooting off fireworks this year.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I saw three brush fires along 465 in Fishers today. Well, the burned-remains, anyway, not the actual fires. As much as I like fireworks and having the celebration, I like people to have homes and jobs even more.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Of course, common folk are prohibited but the king's men are allowed.
    Actually it is the reverse. The public display that requires city/county permits are banned. They do so by pulling the permits, thus not allowing them to fire them off without serious fines for doing so without permits. However, due to State law, the "common" person can burn down theirs and their neighbors houses all they want.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    1. This Declaration shall not prohibit a public fireworks display which is:

1. Sponsored, endorsed, and permitted by the County.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    according to the fire cheif at work, at least in vigo county, but Im pretty sure he said it was a state wide thing, the local fire depts can cancel ANY public display of fireworks, and they probably will here, but they CAN NOT cancel private fireworks.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    A guy a few houses down in my neighborhood caught his own damn yard on fire last night by throwing out a lit cigarette as he pulled into his driveway. I pulled into my garage just as he passed by, and I saw him flick the cigarette out his window as I went inside. Woke up this morning, and my immediate neighbor called me over laughing say the guy down the street was running around like a maniac with a hose last night putting out his little grass fire.

Some people just have no common sense at all.

Maybe he knew what he was doing.
    I had a little grass fire around my firepit one year and the grass grew back better than before.
    Or maybe he was just a dumbass

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I enjoy not having to worry about my house being burned down by someone who has no common sense.

I wish I had it like that .

About 9:30 PM last night my neighbor's teenager and a few of his friends were lighting off bottle rockets and of course a few were landing in my yard .

No big deal until one went off by my AC , which then sucked all of the smoke inside my house .

I "not so politely" reminded him that our sub division has a fireworks ban in place .

Every thing is way too dry for that crap this year .

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    My first date with my long time wife was to Fireworks display in Martinsville 1993. I enjoy them very much. With that said The Idiots in my neighborhood have made me hate them since the laws were changed. They would shoot them off EVERY nite starting in June till mid July. Usually till the am. I have been enjoying the peace. I will miss them on the fourth though

Top Bottom