70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Damn. This is dry!

Source: http://www.fishers.in.us/egov/docs/1340975550_162353.pdf

FISHERS FIRE DEPARTMENT
    ORDER TEMPORARILY PROHIBITING PROFESSIONAL PYROTECHNIC DISPLAYS OR
    FIREWORKS
    Pursuant to Indiana Fire Code 307, Section 5.1.4.2 of 1123.1.1 a prohibition on all
    professional pyrotechnic displays at any time by any person in any place in the Town of
    Fishers and such other townships where the Fishers Fire Department provides fire protection
    services as provided by law is hereby in effect.
    A significant fire hazard remains in all areas subject to this order due to persistently dry
    environmental conditions and the absence of significant rainfall in the weather forecast. The
    risk of fire constitutes a hazardous condition requiring heightened vigilance and caution.
    This order remains in effect indefinitely and until such time as the Fishers Fire
    Department determines that weather and environmental conditions have sufficiently mitigated
    present hazardous conditions and the significant threat to persons and property. All persons
    who violate this order are subject to fines imposed by the Town of Fishers and potential civil
    and/or criminal penalties.
    So ordered this 29th day of June, 2012.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I was under the impression that IC stated that Fireworks couldn't be banned from June 29th to July 5th in Indiana for any reason?

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    A guy a few houses down in my neighborhood caught his own damn yard on fire last night by throwing out a lit cigarette as he pulled into his driveway. I pulled into my garage just as he passed by, and I saw him flick the cigarette out his window as I went inside. Woke up this morning, and my immediate neighbor called me over laughing say the guy down the street was running around like a maniac with a hose last night putting out his little grass fire.

Some people just have no common sense at all.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    So I should be safe to shoot as I have not yet achieved "professional" status? Am I reading this correctly that this only applies to professional displays?

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Unfortunately, someone is going to burn something down that will make this law revisited next session.

There's always "that guy" that ruins it for everyone.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    IC 22-11-14-10.5
    "Use" defined; adoption of ordinance by county or municipality concerning use of consumer fireworks Sec. 10.5.
    (a) As used in this section,the term "use" means the ability of a county or municipality to regulate the days and hours when consumer fireworks may be used,ignited,or discharged.
    (b) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter:
    (1) a county may adopt an ordinance concerning the use of consumer fireworks in the unincorporated areas of the county; and
    (2) a municipality may adopt an ordinance concerning the use of consumer fireworks within the corporate limits of the municipality.
    (c) An ordinance adopted under this section: (1) may limit the use of consumer fireworks in the county or municipality;
    (2) may not be more lenient than a rule adopted by a state agency concerning the use of fireworks; and
    (3) may not limit the use of consumer fireworks:
    (A) between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and two (2) hours after sunset on June 29,June 30,July 1,July 2,July 3,July 5,July 6,July 7,July 8,and July 9;
    (B) between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight on July 4; and
    (C) between the hours of 10:00 a.m. on December 31 and 1:00 a.m. on January 1.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    For now it's just professional:

FishersIN ‏@FishersIN
    @fishersart At this time, it only applies to professional fireworks in ‪#Fishers‬. Consumer fireworks are strongly discouraged!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Rookie's IC post seems to state they cannot limit it. However, if you choose to do something legal when the state and local government has said you shouldn't due to extreme fire risk and there's a problem, I'm guessing that's much of a legal situation than when there's no burn ban in place.

they probably couldn't get you for the firework, but could for criminal recklessness?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We usually set off fireworks for the 4th, but not this year. Unless it rains enough to bring the grass back to life, the fireworks are cancelled. Not burning down my property or my neighbours.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    We usually set off fireworks for the 4th, but not this year. Unless it rains enough to bring the grass back to life, the fireworks are cancelled. Not burning down my property or my neighbours.

THANK YOU! My neighbors act like idiots for the few days surrounding the 4th. I get that they can do what they want on their property, but shooting fireworks in to my house (and the other neighbors) isn't acceptable!

I'm really worried about this 4th, I won't be surprised if I read about entire sections of sub-divisions on fire. :(

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm actually hoping my local fireworks show will be canceled. They don't start til 10 (thanks daylight savings time) and it's usually 11 before I get home. Then jump in the shower, go to bed and get up at 0400 for work. Add in the draught, I'll stay at home thank you.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Holiday World in southern Indiana has cancelled their 4th of July Fireworks because of the dryness. I have always been impressed with many things about Holiday World (things they do publicly and things they have done for just certain groups), this just adds to it.

Top Bottom