fish selections.... 10 gal, going to 55 gal soon.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    It has began... Your doing the same thing all us fish people do, start with a 10, put in some plastic plants and pretty soon your adding on so you can have a fish room. Uncle bills has a dollar a gallon sale going on, damnit, now you guys have me second guessing if I should sell mine! AHH!!! My wife's gonna kill me! We are going to have to meet up and the three of us make a trip to inland or something, where are you located Roland?

I'm in Nowheresville (Hebron).

You already have it. Unless you need the cash, think it over: is this a hobby that at some point you will want to continue or pick back up? You're already putting it up at a loss. To replace it would thus cost you even more later on. It would be really easy to go onto Marine Depot and see what hardware is on sale right now... it's just one tab away. Your wife doesn't need to know. It's already there. Put it to the use it was designed for.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    It has began... Your doing the same thing all us fish people do, start with a 10, put in some plastic plants and pretty soon your adding on so you can have a fish room. Uncle bills has a dollar a gallon sale going on, damnit, now you guys have me second guessing if I should sell mine! AHH!!! My wife's gonna kill me! We are going to have to meet up and the three of us make a trip to inland or something, where are you located Roland?

imho, I wouldn't sell it especially if it's not costing you money just sitting there.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    my 10 gal not enough for a quarantine tank?

You could, sure.
    But with two additional 29gs you could acquire livestock more rapidly, with almost triple capacity, instead of waiting for each batch to clear quarantine. It's twenty dollars for two! A single 29g will run you at least several times that. You could buy them and then sell them for more than $10/each. By the way, does your friend know exactly how excellent this deal is? I assume he needs to unload them fast at that price. Those are priced to move.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    You could, sure.
    But with two additional 29gs you could acquire livestock more rapidly, with almost triple capacity, instead of waiting for each batch to clear quarantine. It's twenty dollars for two! A single 29g will run you at least several times that. You could buy them and then sell them for more than $10/each. By the way, does your friend know exactly how excellent this deal is? I assume he needs to unload them fast at that price. Those are priced to move.

yes, I'm sure he knows

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    imho, I wouldn't sell it especially if it's not costing you money just sitting there.
    Man you guys are killing me! You better snatch up both of those tanks Caleb! The wife doesn't care way one or another, but she does want a clam, I've got the light for it, honestly, I need an ro/di for water, I don't want to buy 125 gallon jugs of water from Walmart and I need some more sand... So close to done, or just getting started!

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Man you guys are killing me! You better snatch up both of those tanks Caleb! The wife doesn't care way one or another, but she does want a clam, I've got the light for it, honestly, I need an ro/di for water, I don't want to buy 125 gallon jugs of water from Walmart and I need some more sand... So close to done, or just getting started!

so you're keeping it now? :D

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Yeah hell, unless your buying it or Roland is plopping down 2 grand for it! I'm sure me and the boy will enjoy it when he gets older.

I'll pass...I'm browsing Craigslist, I see 125-150 gal tanks(inc. hood, stand, etc.) between $200 and $300...They are either long or tall, I rather have a shorter and deeper tank then skinner and long.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Yeah hell, unless your buying it or Roland is plopping down 2 grand for it! I'm sure me and the boy will enjoy it when he gets older.

Excellent. The elders will be pleased at the newest convert to the religion of fishkeeping.
    I'm not ready to jump back into salt yet. Maybe one day. Right now everytime I think about it, I wince and instinctively reach for my phone and scroll to the 'Stop Payment' hotline for my bank. But I also remember how nice it was to watch them all swim around lazily, with the Foxface racing around like a track runner.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I'll pass...I'm browsing Craigslist, I see 125-150 gal tanks(inc. hood, stand, etc.) between $200 and $300...They are either long or tall, I rather have a shorter and deeper tank then skinner and long.

Two converts. Yes, come to the Dark Side of the Force. We have skimmers and some of us have aragonite.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Long is better than tall, it allows more room for oxygen exchange at the top of the tank.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Long is better than tall, it allows more room for oxygen exchange at the top of the tank.

deeper as in "width"...in drafting class, we were told to never say width or we'll get laughed at.

If I built my tank, I'm thinking:

Using the following input parameters

Tank Length = 48 inches
    Tank Width = 30 inches
    Tank Height = 36 inches

Tank volume is calculated as

Tank Volume = 224.4 Gallons

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    deeper as in "width"...in drafting class, we were told to never say width or we'll get laughed at.

If I built my tank, I'm thinking:

Using the following input parameters

Tank Length = 48 inches
    Tank Width = 30 inches
    Tank Height = 36 inches

Tank volume is calculated as

Tank Volume = 224.4 Gallons
    thats a big tank, but 36" tall is a reach if you need to get to the bottom to retrieve a dead fish or something.

Top Bottom