• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertIN

Plinker
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    I don't have the post count to post it in the classifieds here unfortunately, and I don't know if it's kosher to point to it for sale in on another forum or not. Don't want to get in trouble being so new to the forum lol.

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I don't have the post count to post it in the classifieds here unfortunately, and I don't know if it's kosher to point to it for sale in on another forum or not. Don't want to get in trouble being so new to the forum lol.
    And I appreciate that.

Definitely keep the rules here in mind.

Beautiful gun. Keep me in mind!

RobertIN

Plinker
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    And I appreciate that.

Definitely keep the rules here in mind.

Beautiful gun. Keep me in mind!
    I certainly will. I'll see if I can get clarification on that rule and send you a link via pm if it's good to go. I may be thinking of another forums rules but best to be sure.

RobertIN

Plinker
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    You can become a site supporter for $20....

@KellyinAvon usually gives the run down on this....

Again, don't get yourself in a pinch!
    I got a message from @texkev but didn't see anything specifically against pointing people to other forums, just not to post links in the classifieds to auction sites or other forums. I can't send private messages either so... Maybe that tag will pull him in lol.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I got a message from @texkev but didn't see anything specifically against pointing people to other forums, just not to post links in the classifieds to auction sites or other forums. I can't send private messages either so... Maybe that tag will pull him in lol.
    Since this is in an open forum I'll reply here vice PM.

Hello I'm KellyinAvon. Staff member, moderator, 2A advocate, all around nice guy, etc.

INGOers tend to be very protective of the site. You did get the attention of @texkev who owns not only INGO, but several firearms-related sites (all of which pale in comparison to INGO, we are the most awesome, all hail INGO, nuff said!)

We (the staff) are always on the lookout for certain indicators. Posting a lot in a very short time after joining is one of the indicators. Don't get me wrong, your posts are pretty much between the ditches (I see you're from the 812, that's probably a phrase you've heard before) and they aren't 2-3 words at 0200 in threads that are 5 years old.

We don't have a rubric on what is and what isn't a quality post. The staff here is actually 5 volunteers who also work full-time jobs. There is a lot of INGO range to ride out there and not many of us. The classifieds are the most heavily moderated area of INGO for a number of reasons. Searches bring people to INGO because our classifieds aren't classified (see what I did there?)

If what's below looks like a copy/paste from a Word doc on my desktop that I've posted many times, you'd be correct. Please take this as advice from an old-timer, and I hope you stick around.

OK, where to begin...

50 quality posts are required for access to the classifieds. Site Supporter status bypasses this, but the vetting process of being an active member here is why many choose to use the classifieds here.

INGO is a discussion forum with a classifieds section. We are not Armslist or Gunbroker. We are more like a big dysfunctional family than anything, but it's OUR big dysfunctional family.

In my signature line (along with the links to the site and classifieds rules) you'll see "come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion." That sums up a lot about INGO.

Also we are different from most places on the Interwebz since we quite often know each other in the realz. We have shot together, eaten together, and cried together when we lost more friends than I can count.

Like I said: come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion.

RobertIN

Plinker
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    Hi Kelly, I'm Robert it's good to meet you. I'm not surprised that my flurry of postings popped up on the mod teams radar (maybe it was my public admission that I like pineapple on pizza in that thread I still have no idea what's happening in).

Yessir! 812 born and raised. My family worked a small plot of land here for four generations until my grandfather, also Robert, passed in 2011. The farm has been inactive but my Aunt took over the farmhouse and I now live three miles down the road.

I intend to become a supporting member when finances loosen up in the next payment period, otherwise I would be already. I support the Muzzleloadingforum and have for SnipersHide in the past. The way I see it it's the least I can do for giving us cretins a place to chat and yell random G-rated obscenities at one another.

Thanks for sharing your word doc. I'll keep all of that in mind as I work my way into the INGO family. I spent some time in the USMC so I'm pleased to find another dysfunctional family.

Hope to run into you in the discussion pages man, hail INGO!

Mongo59

Master
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Hi Kelly, I'm Robert it's good to meet you. I'm not surprised that my flurry of postings popped up on the mod teams radar (maybe it was my public admission that I like pineapple on pizza in that thread I still have no idea what's happening in).

Yessir! 812 born and raised. My family worked a small plot of land here for four generations until my grandfather, also Robert, passed in 2011. The farm has been inactive but my Aunt took over the farmhouse and I now live three miles down the road.

I intend to become a supporting member when finances loosen up in the next payment period, otherwise I would be already. I support the Muzzleloadingforum and have for SnipersHide in the past. The way I see it it's the least I can do for giving us cretins a place to chat and yell random G-rated obscenities at one another.

Thanks for sharing your word doc. I'll keep all of that in mind as I work my way into the INGO family. I spent some time in the USMC so I'm pleased to find another dysfunctional family.

Hope to run into you in the discussion pages man, hail INGO!
    Is that Harrison as in County?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    No, Dearborn. The area is called West Harrison, just over the border from Harrison, Ohio. Pretty much right where IN, OH, and KY come together.
    I don't know why you wouldn't be able to list any gun here.
    You appear to have the requisite number of posts.
    Site supporter status is NOT required for access to the classifieds.
    It's a shortcut, but the post count you currently have should be sufficient.
    Beautiful smoke pole by the way.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Jul 3, 2010
    He didn't earlier, but hit his 50.

RobertIN

Plinker
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    I went on a comment rampage overnight and throughout today :) all good now. Starting to get to know some folks it's pretty cool that we're all in the same state.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Jul 3, 2010
    Kind of thought that rules are rules.
    He seemed to me to have met the criteria, but what do I know?
    I'm not an almost-mod like @BigRed

Again, what a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.
    He did. Was just stating when these posts were made he had not, and so some of the mod attention.

All good now.

Top Bottom