• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You get a lot more wind in your hair in a Mustang GT convertible than on any bike with a helmet on. And if you're not wearing a helmet, well...good luck. Say what you want about "cagers," but I'll likely survive an encounter with a turtle or patch of wet leaves on the road.

:twocents:

Never have to wear a trash bag poncho because a storm caught you...

I'm well satisfied with a sunroof and rolling the windows down. Even my truck has a sunroof and the sliding rear glass. Way too easy to control how much, or how little, wind I want on the fly.

I was originally worried I would miss having a bike. I never have.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    More fun than a convertible!

View attachment 359406

Each to their own, and I think Indian dressers are some of the best looking bikes ever built. Because I was born old, the Indian Springfield gives me the tinglies in my gibblets.

Just not worth it to me in urban/suburban traffic any longer. Too much traffic, lunar surface roadways, etc sucked the fun out of it for me.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It's okay that you like the Indian.

Your HD friends will understand.

Deep down, they know they want one.
    Like and ride are way different than own one. I'm old school, if I ever owned an Indian, it would be about 70 years old.

I will say again, I do like the lines of your motorcycle. It to me is the best looking bike this indian company has built so far.
    And I'm actually serious...

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I just don't worry about it that much.

Keep in mind the key words in that sentence are "too much". I do, in fact worry about it, hell, I worry about all the other idiots on the road even when I'm in my Suburban... I mean I don't worry so much that I let it effect how I live my life.

I don't want to become a victim of violent crime either, so I carry a defensive weapon, I keep an eye on things.

Same goes for riding a bike. I wear a helmet, ride less jam-packed roads, keep an eye out for danger... but I'm still gonna go for a ride if I feel like it.

Anything can get you dead, so I'm just gonna have fun til that happens.
    Hell, I could fall over backwards and break my neck carrying the laundry up from the basement.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When I started riding I took and ABATE course.

When I ride I wear all the gear all the time (ATGATT).
    I assume nobody sees me, and everybody is out to run over me.
    I do what I can to be the most visible.
    I wear riding gear that has a dayglo yellow riding jacket, AND during the day I ride with my bright lights on.
    I position my bike in the lane as I ride to be the most visible by vehicles around me.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I use the maps function on my phone to get me where I'm going if I am looking for somewhere specific vs just wandering Indiana.

Top Bottom