First time Carrying! Warning: Semi-long and extremely boring read!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Congrats on your carry permit.

Your feelings are normal for anyone that has a normal functioning brain. It will get easier as time passes and you'll start getting more comfortable carry in/around the general public.

I do have a question... is your GF a Blonde? :laugh: :D :laugh:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    One tip if your starting is to get in the habit to NEVER touch your gun. Its a give away your carrying. What I mean by that is the compulsive "checking". You might press your arm against your gun, or even maybe touch it with your hand. Especially after something else touches your gun, or someone or something brushes up against it. If your carrying in a good holster, you don't have any worries about security (gun falling out). so, Resist all temptation to touch your gun. You can find studies on this in law enforcement. If someone is carrying a gun and is nervous they will usually touch or reference it in some way also people carrying firearms usually do something to reference it like every 60 seconds (could even be making sure your shirt is down over it - i.e. pulling down on the bottom of your shirt).

CRAP! I do that.

Usually its because my shirt is too short, and I am trying to not expose myself.

Most of the time, I just have my right hand partially in my pocket, and this keeps my shirt in place and my piece covered.

I know, "Why not just open carry?"

I am just not there yet, nor is the wifey...plus Showplace is supposedly a gun free zone!

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    She's becoming a pretty good shot, and she has her eye on a raspberry pink (:rolleyes:) LCP.

30bjtww.jpg

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Fixed it for you...
    30bjtww.jpg

:rofl:

EDIT:
    Doh, I was posting on my iPhone, and I totally just realized that it was sideways. Thanks for that, I'll go back and edit. I thought the removal of the bit about the good shot and the pink LCP was what you were getting at. :facepalm:

Last edited:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Bah! I'm as pro-OC as anybody (hell, I admit I carry for attention), but I didn't see any of that in the OP's posts. I saw someone who was extremely self conscious about carrying and apprehensive about being called out, whether by sheeple or LE. I also saw someone who humorously employed many of the recurring themes of this forum int his post, poking fun at himself and LE.
    This is exactly what I read. Now I was a little scared when others started asking for pics. Thought we might see the Really, Really Really deep cover.:laugh: I enjoyed the post OP. I find it interesting when someone that CCs tells someone that OCs they should CC, WWIII breaks out. But if someone tells a CCer to OC then they should do it. If a person makes a choice to OC or CC or to not carry at all, isn't that their choice? Why are people always trying to tell others what to do? It is your right to carry however you want and for what ever reason, it is your business.:twocents: Oh yea... pimple = gun.:laugh:

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    She's becoming a pretty good shot, and she has her eye on a raspberry pink (:rolleyes:) LCP.

30bjtww.jpg

Dude, at first, I was like "wtf is she laying down for at the range ??" :laugh:

Then I realized that YOU were laying down at the range when you took the pic :D

(How about a pic of the front (face area ??).. well, never mind.. you guys said she was blonde, she IS blond.. enough is enough :pimp::whistle: :lmfao:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Dude, at first, I was like "wtf is she laying down for at the range ??" :laugh:

Then I realized that YOU were laying down at the range when you took the pic :D

(How about a pic of the front (face area ??).. well, never mind.. you guys said she was blonde, she IS blond.. enough is enough :pimp::whistle: :lmfao:

:lmfao:

Strangely enough, I don't have any face pictures, just, well... :D

:pimp:

Top Bottom