• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I just got home from a trip to the gas station down the road. As I entered I saw the attendant eying me, I proceeded about my business and was getting myself a fountain drink. I saw her approaching me and initially thought she was going to ask me to leave.

Instead, she jokingly says "Arent you a little young to be carrying a pistol" (I'm early 20s and look younger). She then said she understood the reason for carry and thanked me for keeping her and myself safe.

Positive experience from the older lady attendant at the Village Pantry on the southeast side.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Where was this? Glad to hear of a positive experience. Usually it is someone that doesn't understand firearms and it usually doesn't go that way. Glad to hear you had a positive experience.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    One reason I've decided thus far to not open carry is looking really young like yourself. I'm 27 but everyone thinks I'm 14-16 years old. Not worth the hassle and inevitable police encounter I'll have due to it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You should have told her you were LEO and got the drink for free :laugh:

I did have an offer like that at a convenience store once. The cashier said, "No charge. Cops don't pay for drinks." When I told him I was not a police officer, he charged me full price.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    One reason I've decided thus far to not open carry is looking really young like yourself. I'm 27 but everyone thinks I'm 14-16 years old. Not worth the hassle and inevitable police encounter I'll have due to it.

Carry for yourself not for the publics view of you.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You should have told her you were LEO and got the drink for free

I did have an offer like that at a convenience store once. The cashier said, "No charge. Cops don't pay for drinks." When I told him I was not a police officer, he charged me full price.

Next time borrow a pair of Franks Jack Boots and you will get a free drink and corndog to go with it. :lmfao:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Consider yourself lucky. I am 38 and people regularly tell me that.as bald and grey as I am that theybare surprised I am as young as I am. "you are not holding up well" is a common theme with me.

Again lucky. They charge me double.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I just got home from a trip to the gas station down the road. As I entered I saw the attendant eying me, I proceeded about my business and was getting myself a fountain drink. I saw her approaching me and initially thought she was going to ask me to leave.

Instead, she jokingly says "Arent you a little young to be carrying a pistol" (I'm early 20s and look younger). She then said she understood the reason for carry and thanked me for keeping her and myself safe.

Positive experience from the older lady attendant at the Village Pantry on the southeast side.

Are going to find this posted in another forum where the OP usually begins with "Dear Penthouse,"?:):

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Spasmo and I got a 10% discount at a Dairy Queen once. We didn't realize it until we were looking at our receipt after we ate. We thought they gave us a senior discount, which didn't make sense since we're not that old (and we don't look it). It wasn't until much later that I realized they must have assumed I was LEO. They never asked us or mentioned that they were discounting our food. Seems unethical to give discounts to LEO (or rather, for LEO to accept them), and I was sort of put-off by them thinking I was 65+.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Again lucky. They charge me double.

That's what most businesses do to me. They call it the "Attitude Surcharge."

Spasmo and I got a 10% discount at a Dairy Queen once. We didn't realize it until we were looking at our receipt after we ate. We thought they gave us a senior discount, which didn't make sense since we're not that old (and we don't look it). It wasn't until much later that I realized they must have assumed I was LEO. They never asked us or mentioned that they were discounting our food. Seems unethical to give discounts to LEO (or rather, for LEO to accept them), and I was sort of put-off by them thinking I was 65+.

Maybe they just thought Spasmo was hot and were trying to flirt with her?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

It was unethical to feel that discount was unethical and not go straight back to the register and pay that 10%.

Top Bottom