• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    To the original topic though between 300 WM and 338 LM I'd go 300WM. Personally though I would probably choose 300 PRC. Especially if you're planning to hand load. 300 PRC is the next caliber I'm planning to add to my collection. While it isn't exactly cheap to shoot, it's pretty reasonable considering what you're getting. I don't think the recoil on them is all that bad either. And it's hard to argue with the ballistics.

Whatever you end up going with, let us know what you settled on. Then give us an update later on about how you like it.
    At the risk of getting back on topic I'll also say that if the 300 PRC would have been around when I bought my 338Lapua I probably would have leaned towards the 300 PRC. Hornady has made some incredible design improvements with their "PRC" series calibers to the point where the rifle manufacturers would have to try to make the guns not shoot well.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$1985 put the stock of your choice on it.
    It's threaded for a suppressor or muzzle break.

1725027158259.png

Warranty Information:
    We stand by this rifle 100% and guarantee it to be free of manufacturing defects.
    If you feel the rifle does not perform as advertised, we will repair, replace, or refund the full purchase price.

Last edited:

Purdue1991

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022

$1985 put the stock of your choice on it.
    It's threaded for a suppressor or muzzle break.

View attachment 376808

Warranty Information:
    We stand by this rifle 100% and guarantee it to be free of manufacturing defects.
    If you feel the rifle does not perform as advertised, we will repair, replace, or refund the full purchase price.

Looked at their website. Pretty cool product. They take Rem700 compatible stocks and bottom metal and Savage 110 scope bases. You can get a basic, non spiraled version for about $1,300.

WDHommel

believer, veteran, husband, dad, freemason
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2024
    Hamilton County Indiana
    I only know I don't know much, and should therefore read the experiences of others and experts. So while I was doing some reading about long range precision I stumbled across TrackingPoint optics. I find that one fascinating and am sorely tempted to spend some of my inheritance to get it. At my age and with eye issues and COPD to boot, it sounds like a dream to have a gadget doing almost all the work for me.
    But as for what that has to do with this thread.. the guys who designed that technology went through analysis what rounds they wanted their system to support, and they went with 300WM in the beginning, over 338. So take it from those experts, if you want.

mikewd1983

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2024
    Greenfield
    My only "real" precision rifle is a Remington 800 SPS with a 20 inch bull barrel. It's in 308. I love it and have great luck with it. I've had it close to 15 years now.

Top Bottom