• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It reeks of pandering.

Well, when was the last time the position being filled generated a press release? Ever hear of Michelle Millben? Was there any news articles when she was appointed?

I Googled the position to find out who held it last, or I wouldn't have known (or cared) who held a $55k/yr job (salaries are public record) at some low level WH position.

Right. Pandering.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I'm going to be in a clear minority, but my reaction is a resounding "So?". As long as the employee is competent at the job I don't care what their race/religion/ethnicity/gender/sexual preference/favourite ice cream flavour is

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm going to be in a clear minority, but my reaction is a resounding "So?". As long as the employee is competent at the job I don't care what their race/religion/ethnicity/gender/sexual preference/favourite ice cream flavour is

Nobody does a press release to say "I've hired an employee who is competent!" They have press releases to show how progressive they are in their hiring practices.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Nobody does a press release to say "I've hired an employee who is competent!" They have press releases to show how progressive they are in their hiring practices.
    Correct. But a person being a crossdresser should not be a huge deal when it comes to employment.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Correct. But a person being a crossdresser should not be a huge deal when it comes to employment.

Agreed. But if it's not a huge deal, why a press release?

If they weren't pandering, they'd hire the best person for the job and move on, just like they did with the previous occupant of that position. But they didn't, so they apparently believe its a huge deal. Huge enough to warrant a press release and be national news, at least.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Who was it that said they liked 'curvy'?

Those are some curves...

And anyone who can live in DC (or make the commute from elsewhere) surviving on $55k/yr... I say more power to them.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Agreed. But if it's not a huge deal, why a press release?

If they weren't pandering, they'd hire the best person for the job and move on, just like they did with the previous occupant of that position. But they didn't, so they apparently believe its a huge deal. Huge enough to warrant a press release and be national news, at least.
    I don't necessarily agree with the press release

My head just fell off my shoulders. The spouse had to find it and put it back on.

That this is even news worthy
    Sorta my opinion too

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What used to be normal is now eschewed, mocked, and is being purged from public view...what used to be considered strange and weird is now considered normal. Michelle was right when she said Barack would make us change our traditions, etc. Barack has pretty much overseen his dream of fundamental transformation. And I may be in the minority here, on INGO, but I am saddened and rebuke such transformations.

Navy Chaplain fired for being Christian | RedState

The dude has every right to dress however he wants. But if I were running a company or running the country and that person came in for an interview, he'd never be seriously considered for any job I had an opening for. I wish him no ill will. I pray for our country.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Generally speaking, you are correct, but there are exceptions to every rule...
    I do not wish to see an Ed Anser look-alike modeling women's thongs.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

...and this just isn't a transgender person who fits the job, this is a leader in the transgender movement. So is this payback, or prepayment?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    j706 said:
    Who here wouldn't punch that thing immediately if you ran across it in a dark alley?

I wouldn't.

Geeze. I'm certainly annoyed by the obvious propaganda stunt but I certainly have no desire to punch the guy in the face.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom