• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    In this day in age, yes. You have to be approved. Does someone who has been accused of murder get to run free while they are on trial? No! Even though they are innocent until proven guilty, and have the right to a trial by jury, they still are held in jail to protect the rest of us.

Actually, they do. We have the 8th AMENDMENT. Please, if you're going to make an assertion, make it an educated one.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    You don't get it. This goes beyond rights. When someone shows signs that they are mentally unstable, they should not have the right to bear arms anymore. What if he shot one of his kids? What if he shot one of your kids? And don't say that the legal system will deal with it. While it is true, that doesn't bring your loved one back. Its easy for you to say what you would do in any given situation, but until you are in it, you have no idea. Someone sent me a PM on here saying I dont understand what is it like to raise a family of 4 on $40,000 a year. Thats true! I don't and hope I never have to try and do that. My wife and I do very well. And I wont judge how they budget their money, which was what the PM was about to begin with. But I can tell you with certainty that when you are looking at a situation objectively, you have no idea what you would do or how you would feel.

Words are cheap...

Who is deciding mentally unstable? Sounds like if he hit his kid with a rake that you should have reported that act to the police rather than worrying over whether or not he should own a gun. Why didn't you report an obvious crime of battery? When you saw a child battered you chose to simply talk that one over with your neighbor but when you found out he owned a gun that didn't suit you so you turned him in. Sounds like you are down with hitting children with rakes but against gun ownership to me.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You don't get it. This goes beyond rights. When someone shows signs that they are mentally unstable, they should not have the right to bear arms anymore. What if he shot one of his kids? What if he shot one of your kids? And don't say that the legal system will deal with it. While it is true, that doesn't bring your loved one back. Its easy for you to say what you would do in any given situation, but until you are in it, you have no idea. Someone sent me a PM on here saying I dont understand what is it like to raise a family of 4 on $40,000 a year. Thats true! I don't and hope I never have to try and do that. My wife and I do very well. And I wont judge how they budget their money, which was what the PM was about to begin with. But I can tell you with certainty that when you are looking at a situation objectively, you have no idea what you would do or how you would feel.

Words are cheap...

Words are cheap, rights aren't, they're free. Every man is born with them and you can't take them away no matter how hard you try. Plenty of us have submitted the words of men far wiser than any of us. I suggest you consider them, as it gets no better than that. And that's really all I have left to say to you.

You have no idea what a right is, if you believe they should be taken away because of your whim.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    You wouldn't say that if it was one of your family members or friends who was the innocent one in question.

Probably not, but I also don't go around judging who should have what freedom.

But for fun I will, I think you should lose your right to free speech just cause I feel you are unfit to have that right.

Now does that seem fair to you?

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    At least there are some people in the government, even conservative republicans, who can think with reason and force accountability and structure on people. You want to live like it is 1800, and its not. In 1800 people, generally speaking and according to historical evidence, people respected each other. That is not the case now. People will take advantage of each other and of others rights.

Yes, we do have the right to freedom and the pursuit of happiness. And with those come respect that many simply wont give.

You scream for rights, but you don't think about the rights of others. Its all about you and being able to do what you want in the name of freedom. With freedom comes responsibility and accountability not only for yourself but for your fellow countrymen. And some people can't handle freedom. They abuse others or take advantage of others. I see no need to give them more tools to do so.

You can bash me all you want. But I see none of you doing anything about your "rights" being trampled on. You scream and cry on a webpage about it. Why are you not in DC marching and ranting? Why are you on the internet *****ing and moaning about what you think you don't have? You think your rights are trampled on here? Travel the world a bit and see how good you really have it.

Why not start donating money to fund group trips to DC to protest and try to get the freedoms you think you dont have back? No, you wont. Its easier to moan and complain on the internet instead of doing something about it.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    At least there are some people in the government, even conservative republicans, who can think with reason and force accountability and structure on people. You want to live like it is 1800, and its not. In 1800 people, generally speaking and according to historical evidence, people respected each other. That is not the case now. People will take advantage of each other and of others rights.

Yes, we do have the right to freedom and the pursuit of happiness. And with those come respect that many simply wont give.

You scream for rights, but you don't think about the rights of others. Its all about you and being able to do what you want in the name of freedom. With freedom comes responsibility and accountability not only for yourself but for your fellow countrymen. And some people can't handle freedom. They abuse others or take advantage of others. I see no need to give them more tools to do so.

You can bash me all you want. But I see none of you doing nothing about your "rights" being trampled on. You scream and cry on a webpage about it. Why are you not in DC marching and ranting? Why are you on the internet *****ing and moaning about what you think you don't have? You think your rights are trampled on here? Travel the world a bit and see how good you really have it.

Why not start donating money to fund group trips to DC to protest and try to get the freedoms you think you dont have back? No, you wont. Its easier to moan and complain on the internet instead of doing something about it.

Some would call this free speech.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So hotheaded persons need not apply.

What other kinds of defense would you suggest we need to provide to be given permission to carry?

More correctly, people HE thinks are hotheads... people HE has deemed unsuitable. He seems to feel quite comfortable being the arbiter of who gets to be free, and who doesn't.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

You can bash me all you want. But I see none of you doing anything about your "rights" being trampled on. You scream and cry on a webpage about it. Why are you not in DC marching and ranting? Why are you on the internet *****ing and moaning about what you think you don't have? You think your rights are trampled on here? Travel the world a bit and see how good you really have it.

If you knew anything about anyone on this forum, you'd know that many of the folks on here are politically active outside this arena. Here, yet again, is you speaking with no knowledge of that which you espouse. Face it, your a freedom advocates worst nightmare. Live with what you are and embrace it. The rest of us will pursue our own happiness and work towards the kind of worlds we wish to live in.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Im sorry, but if you make threats on peoples lives and talk about shooting people, you should NOT have a gun. A mentally sane person would not talking about killing people.

You have made repeated threats to take away people's freedom and liberty because you don't like their attitude.

Between people like you, and people like your neighbor, you are by far the greater danger.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    You make it sound as if I will let the government walk all over me, and that is simply not true. But, the rest of us have the right to live without someone who has mental issues easily getting their hands on weapons as well.

Naw, you think you are too good for the government to walk on you. You advocate that they do so to others, while being so secure in your little fantasy world that you think they won't turn on your kind, as well.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Pilot, as you don't know any of us in real life I think saying we aren't doing anything to protect our right is out of bounds. Their are many members on INGO that have marched in support of our rights. Many also write their congressman in defense of our rights. We also support gun rights organizations. I have written my congressmen in support of our rights on quite a few occasions.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    He does bankruptcy law. The guy grabs his wife by their pool and screams into her face because she ignores him when he is being a jerk. He yells at her constantly, and his kids too. He refers to his kids as "my bastards" and refers to his wife as his concubine. Everyone around him sees what he does. The police have been to that home multiple times.

We all have seen him hit his kid with a rake. The man has no business with a gun.

Oh my... you have certainly embellished the story since your first telling of it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom