• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Count me in for Sunday shooting! And thanks for the invite. I had a good time shooting with SmileDocHill yesterday. I put a few rounds down range with his M&P 9, CZ 9, and Khar 9. The Khar was too small for my hand, but the CZ and M&P were good fits.

I brought my two .44 Magnums for SmileDocHill to shoot. BIG difference between those and the 9's!!!! I'll bring those on Sunday for anyone to shoot who is interested.

Let's go shootin boys!!!

I discovered a great training trick from Reaper. Shoot his .44 mag handgun before shooting my 9mm...my 9mm all of a sudded has no recoil and feels like a .22! That .44 mag is a hand cannon! Great time, Reaper, thanks!

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Competition pistol. If I could start all over again I'd probably buy a G34, have some work done to the trigger (3.5 lb), and upgrade the sights (Sevigney rear, Red FO front). Gear for USPSA Production and IDPA would be about the same. Maybe an offset holster for USPSA. To feed it I would buy a Dillon SDB. The gun and gear are the cheap part. Feeding it gets expensive. Glock parts are pretty plentiful. Buy one used (fewer modifications on a used gun is normally better). Most times you can get the gear (holster/mag carriers) as part of the package. I shoot Glocks well, just don't like to admit it.

One pistol, multiple disciplines.

Right now I shoot an XD9 tactical. Trigger work by Rich Dettelhouser and Warren Tactical rear sight, red FO front. Its an awesome pistol. You can get one new from Dawson Precision. Set up and ready to run. Springfield XD Pistol Springfield, XD, 9mm, 5" w/Combat Action Trigger Job, Includes DP Optic Front and Target Rear Sights 534-002 Detail Page

Last edited:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I still don't get the whole grip angle thing, I pick up the Glock or the Wilson, and they both shoot where I aim. Now to just get better at aiming :D

I hated the way the XDm felt, the M&P is pretty good, but I've seen enough people on Enos switch to M&P to only go back. I'm just saving myself the trouble by sticking with what I know works.

Getting ready to move, that and the new job are taking up all of my time.

moving in the winter sucks:noway:

I agree 100% with Hickman. I have never had an issue with Glocks grip angle when it comes to shooting, and not just feeling it up in a store.

I like my M&P. I hesitate to say this......I dont own a Glock.

But I shoot them better. My M&P... was from a shooting perspective...

a big mistake.

Next up on my firearms to-get list.

a Glock. :dunno:

I know its not popular , but I have tried to shoot Glocks and I just don't like them. This is why all the other firearms manufacturers stay in business:)
    I have nothing against them ,they are wonderful guns just not for me.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

I know its not popular , but I have tried to shoot Glocks and I just don't like them. This is why all the other firearms manufacturers stay in business:)

I had a response written, but I spared this thread from becoming a Glockliness is next to Godliness thread. It all boils down to if you like it, shoot it. I myself am sold on M&P's.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

It's actually been pretty good, not all hot n sweaty :D

[/quote]

I know the feeling, I was all set to get an XDm after seeing all the Leatham videos on their website, then just didn't like the way it felt in my hand.

If I was going to recommend a Production gun to a new shooter, it'd be a G34 or M&P9 Pro.

Top Bottom