• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Bradis does not have any Sig's in stock, so that might be a wasted trip. The person i just spoke with said they were a little light on inventory. Aslo, Elmores website just tried to give me a virus...proceed with caution.

So shooting sounds great. SmileDocHill, when do you want to go? Call me - I sent my number via PM. Actual name is Thomas.

Last edited:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Bradis does not have any Sig's in stock, so that might be a wasted trip. The person i just spoke with said they were a little light on inventory. Aslo, Elmores website just tried to give me a virus...proceed with caution.

So shooting sounds great. SmileDocHill, when do you want to go? Call me (317) 938-5227. Actual name is Thomas.

Plainfield Shooting Supply had some Sigs a few weeks ago.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Rvierman67, Downrange72, SmileDocHill, Glock91 or any others, would you be interested in shooting next weekend? I am going to Don's today to do a little shopping. Don't think i'm confident enough to purchase today, but you never know.

I appreciate the offers to test fire each of your pistols and would welcome the opportunity next weekend. Who's in? Where?

I would be willing to host such a test fire event on my range next Sunday Afternoon. 1300 hours.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Rvierman67, Downrange72, SmileDocHill, Glock91 or any others, would you be interested in shooting next weekend? I am going to Don's today to do a little shopping. Don't think i'm confident enough to purchase today, but you never know.

I appreciate the offers to test fire each of your pistols and would welcome the opportunity next weekend. Who's in? Where?

OOOOPSSS...DO NOT GO TO DON'S. Sorry for misleading you there. He has a huge mark up.

I'm not sure of Riverman's status, but I can be available next weekend. Doc, can you get more than one visitor into HC? My only current membership is at MCF&G.

The following weekend I will be tied up with FNS on 1/14 and the 1500 on 1/15.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Reaper,I would highly recomend you take these guys up on thier offer. Alot of great guys. And a hell of alot of good information.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I will open it up to shooters looking to get into competition. Email me for rsvp, because I want to keep the number realistic. No charge and no formal training to be had but a chance to try a few different guns and get a pointer or two. New shooters should bring their own factory ammo. 9mm, .40 and .45 if wanting to borrow someone else's gun.

If you rsvp I will email you directions to the range.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Coach
    If enough new folks reply I will fore go shooting and just bring my stuff plus ammo so they can try it out
    I will be there either way
    If any of you are lurking and thinking about competition this is a great offer
    Take him up on it

ps I might bring a kid or a wife depending on the weather
    They live in mamby pamby land

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    If you want my opinion....

Glocks, M&Ps, and 1911s are where you should begin and end your search when it comes to competition shooting.

They have the most going for them, with the least downsides especially when it comes to spare parts and cost.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    If you want my opinion....

Glocks, M&Ps, and 1911s are where you should begin and end your search when it comes to competition shooting.

They have the most going for them, with the least downsides especially when it comes to spare parts and cost.

I agree completely, unless one of the above doesn't feel good in your hand:)

I really like my Xdm's,but if I was starting with nothing, today, I would look really hard at the M@P pro 9 for production and if I ever see an M@p pro in 40 I may buy it :)

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I'd be willing to let you put some rounds thru my 1911 Springfield loaded, and I'm not too far away. It's still orig and if I was going to compete with it I'd lighten the trigger, but it's still the chance to see how the gun feels if you want. Let us know what you decide on, I'm considering getting into the competition side of handguns this summer. My daily carry is a M&P40c and I'm considering purchasing the pro in a 9mm if I do decide to compete. I'm interested in your findings.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Mine either, and I HATE the grip angle . This is why I don't own one.
    I agree that they are very reliable but so are a lot of other guns that feel better in my hand:)

I still don't get the whole grip angle thing, I pick up the Glock or the Wilson, and they both shoot where I aim. Now to just get better at aiming :D

I hated the way the XDm felt, the M&P is pretty good, but I've seen enough people on Enos switch to M&P to only go back. I'm just saving myself the trouble by sticking with what I know works.

Where have you been JT

Getting ready to move, that and the new job are taking up all of my time.

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Count me in for Sunday shooting! And thanks for the invite. I had a good time shooting with SmileDocHill yesterday. I put a few rounds down range with his M&P 9, CZ 9, and Khar 9. The Khar was too small for my hand, but the CZ and M&P were good fits.

I brought my two .44 Magnums for SmileDocHill to shoot. BIG difference between those and the 9's!!!! I'll bring those on Sunday for anyone to shoot who is interested.

Let's go shootin boys!!!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Count me in for Sunday shooting! And thanks for the invite. I had a good time shooting with SmileDocHill yesterday. I put a few rounds down range with his M&P 9, CZ 9, and Khar 9. The Khar was too small for my hand, but the CZ and M&P were good fits.

I brought my two .44 Magnums for SmileDocHill to shoot. BIG difference between those and the 9's!!!! I'll bring those on Sunday for anyone to shoot who is interested.

Let's go shootin boys!!!

:yesway::yesway:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I still don't get the whole grip angle thing, I pick up the Glock or the Wilson, and they both shoot where I aim. Now to just get better at aiming :D

I hated the way the XDm felt, the M&P is pretty good, but I've seen enough people on Enos switch to M&P to only go back. I'm just saving myself the trouble by sticking with what I know works.

Getting ready to move, that and the new job are taking up all of my time.

I agree 100% with Hickman. I have never had an issue with Glocks grip angle when it comes to shooting, and not just feeling it up in a store.

I like my M&P. I hesitate to say this......I dont own a Glock.

But I shoot them better. My M&P... was from a shooting perspective...

a big mistake.

Next up on my firearms to-get list.

a Glock. :dunno:

Top Bottom