• stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    For God's sake , don't OC.

For goodness sake, don't talk.

OP, get a good belt and a holster, if it hasn't been said. :): Who cares whether you OC or CC, do whichever fits you best. With the way the world is going these days, carry spare mags.

If you really want to buy another, save up and buy what you want. Don't skimp out just because you have bills. I've built two ARs and bought a Glock "on a budget." Pay bills first, then put aside what you think you can. Even $25 a week is $100 a month. Me personally, I'd buy a Glock.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I second this motion

The motion passes.
    court-judge-smiley-emoticon.gif

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    There are cheap guns that are great guns. Kahr, shield, LCR, LC9/P and many others. Like always I suggest on a compact or subcompact. Heavy bulky guns get tireing and a gun left at home is no use.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I guess someone else's idea of "first carry gun on a budget" is different than mine.

So what you're wanting is a SECOND carry gun on a budget. Which means spending MORE money on the second gun. And holster. And mags.

I wish you the best in your choices, OP.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I guess someone else's idea of "first carry gun on a budget" is different than mine.

So what you're wanting is a SECOND carry gun on a budget. Which means spending MORE money on the second gun. And holster. And mags.

I wish you the best in your choices, OP.

I tend to agree, if I was the OP I would get a good IWB holster and belt and carry the VP9.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A good alternative to the Kel-tec is the SCCY CPX-1 or CPX-2, phenomenal improvements over the trigger of the P11 and PF9. They can be had for $299.99 plus tax.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Also, I would heavily recommend a bulgarian makarov pistol. They can be had for 275, are exceptionally accurate, carry well, but as I think most importantly, are actually pleasant to shoot. Sure, its nice to have a little kel-tec or CPX-1 or LCP, but unless you are going to spend alot of money and time practicing with it you wont be all that proficient. But if you get a carry gun you enjoy shooting and will shoot recreationally with it, you will get much more trigger time and enjoyment with it and when the time comes you are going to be more proficient and comfortable with the gun.

Top Bottom