• ...and so much more!
  • 12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    OK, I got the black rifle a year or so ago and ended up with a couple of AR's. I was thinking about getting an AK, but kept putting it off and then the CT thing happened and I couldn't find one anywhere for the price I was willing to pay, until today. Was in Muncie, stopped by Dunhams and they had one for $549. Decided to buy it then found out it was and end of the year sale and got an extra $50 off! $499 before taxes. Yes I know it is a Romanian WASR 10/63 Cugir, but for 5 bills I had to have it. OK, so can the AK people tell me what the 10/63 means. I believe Cugir is the facility it was made at and I know WASR stands for Wassenaar Arrangement Semiautomatic Rifle export. What can anyone tell me about these rifles:popcorn:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Decent AK for the money.

they can be a little on the rough side as far as fit and finish go, buy hey its an AK right?

It aint made to win beauty contests its made to work when you need it.

My friend has one with a few thousand rnds through it and its been 100%.

Good AK to start out with.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Thanks & the funny thing is that is less than the ones I was looking at before the frenzy started. One other thing, Will they feed steel cased ammo?

7.62asprin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Lot of review of WASRs on youtube.

10 stands for how many rounds it was originally intended to use. The receiver was built for single stack 10 round mags during the AWB in the 90's.

the 63 stands for the AK year model it was originally made from.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I knew I could get the info I desired from the INGO group. :ingo:Thanks everyone for the input guess I will buy more steel cased rounds and get it out to the range.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I purchased a more recent version. Look to see what the markings are on left side. There are a couple of good YouTube videos on what to look for in a WASR.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZc-yLYt4Uk[/ame]

Mine shoots a little high and right, but otherwise it is great.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I purchased a more recent version. Look to see what the markings are on left side. There are a couple of good YouTube videos on what to look for in a WASR.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZc-yLYt4Uk

Mine shoots a little high and right, but otherwise it is great.

:yesway:Thanks!! That is a great video. I have not really looked the one I bought over but will do it again while watching this video. This is what I was looking for.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Thanks TL I have never seen this video before. It described my WASR perfectly, and answered some questions that I had. I always thought that mine was a freak because it didn't have any of the problems that people often attribute to the WASRs now I understand it better.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    i have owned 2 WASR's before and one was new in the box and they were both Jam-O-matic's I hope the quality has improved. But at the current prices I won't own another.

Top Bottom