• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another question; I have found that the finger cot does fine for incidental water repelling. It does not stay sealed for chores like showers and dish washing. Is it harmful for me to tightly wrap a hair tie rubber band around the base of the finger cot to seal it shut for hand washing and water immersion?
    Short term, no. Remember it takes weeks for the hog's balls to fall off after they apply the rubber band. LOL

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    Straight Colloidal silver comes in a brown bottle to block light, but should be stored in a dark place because light degrades it. Will last forever. My parents were in a motorcycle wreck and are in their 60s. I gave them a bottle of the 50ppm spray and they used it on their wounds. Their doctor was amazed at the speed and how well they healed. He asked what they did and they told them about the Colloidal silver spray. He gave them a look and said that stuff is amazing, but he admitted he can't prescribe it because no pharmaceutical company can make any $ from it!

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Colloidal Silver in spray it looks like for internal use... Is that good for wounds too?? I probably haven't heard of it in decades.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    For decades now I've used tincture of iodine (still have most of a tiny bottle left over from the early 70's I inherited from my mom) on infections--a dabber drop or two and the infection disappears. I've had many punctures, splinters, ingrown toenail type issues, etc, etc. over the years and the iodine never failed to kill every bit of infection and allow complete healing. Never heard of using silver though...

Now I'm VERY intrigued by the idea of silver to help healing before an infection starts. Learned something new. Going to order that curad silver stuff asap as a start.

OP, sorry you managed to slice you instead of veggies, but Thank You INGO for yet more/better knowledge on how to help deal with wound stuff!!!

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I’ve heard in the old west people would put a silver dollar in their canteen to help “purify” the water. If the pharma can’t make money off colloidal silver it must have some merit. Guess it doesn’t have the 30 side effects that require additional medication to address, each with their own 30 side effects, all with the one common effect of causing suicidal tendencies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've run into a side effect of this minor, nicely healing, injury. My pistol grip is effected.

Normally the strong hand pinky is mashed under the strong grasp of the support hand. With that finger being quite sensitive from the wound, the grip has to change from the well practiced one. Needless to say, this could have been missed but not for the simple daily "dry fire" routine of pushing out every time the pistol goes in or comes out of the holster.

Another rhino reference. I have to thank him with some frequency on his insistence with classes on one hand and weak hand only work. Irreplaceable stuff.

:ingo:

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks again for all the advice friends!

I ordered the silver stuff. Anyone know if there is a shelf life date on this?
    I tend to buy it 6 tubes at a time. Keep one in my pack,one in the firstaid kit in the house,and one in the firstaid kit in my car(with 3 held as replacements). I have yet to have a tube older than 5 years but at that age it still works. Beyond that I honestly do not know.

Worst wound I ever treated was the toilet bowl incident in 2021. I was by myself and removed the old one to replace it. Carried it correctly by the base all the way to my front door,but could not manage the steps and door while holding it from the base so I set it down...then made the mistake of picking it up by the tank with the bowl pressed against my chest. When the tank shattered you can guess what shards of toilet bowl ceramic did to my hand. On my right hand above my thumb ended up the only part that needed glue and stiches at the er, the rest were small enough to not need any. I credit curad silver wound gel to zero redness or infection, because I was certainly not careful to keep all the wounds clean. I had a torn apart bathroom that needed finished including plumbing, wiring,flooring(tile
    ),tub tile, and new dry wall. I did wash and dry my hands, then apply some daily and let it air dry.

Top Bottom