• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    yup furnace is set at 64 and hardly runs, not the most or best setup, fireplace insert at one end of the house, but we use a box fan to help circulate the heat
    That’s my plan my stove is in the least ideal spot but it is the most visually appealing so I plan to run my furnace fan to circulate and I have a strong fan in the basement to blow cold air up and force hot down

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Well it’s official I joined the club. I will likely limp through my first season with stuff I already have stacked, my splitting maul, and electric chainsaw. Next year I will up my game.
    Looks great. Like the wooden wall ya got there too. Id love a woodstove inside. House just isn't set up for one at all

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Looks great. Like the wooden wall ya got there too. Id love a woodstove inside. House just isn't set up for one at all
    Neither is mine lol pretty much just decided I wanted one and we are making the rest work. Lowering Nipsco bill was of course a reason, (even though it will take a lot of seasons to get that back) but I like knowing I can keep the house warm and cook WITHOUT them.

And thanks that wall was put up by me at the beginning of the housewife Pinterest pallet wood era.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Neither is mine lol pretty much just decided I wanted one and we are making the rest work. Lowering Nipsco bill was of course a reason, (even though it will take a lot of seasons to get that back) but I like knowing I can keep the house warm and cook WITHOUT them.

And thanks that wall was put up by me at the beginning of the housewife Pinterest pallet wood era.
    I run a outdoor boiler now. But drawback is can't cook on it and still gotta have a generator for it for power outages

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A Lumber Capital Log Yard video was posted in the political subforum, reminds me of that American Guns tv program some years back.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I have some wood that seasoned all last year, and this summer as well. It’s looking pretty good.

After killing a 16” big box store chainsaw felling a tree, I had to run out to get a new one to finish the job.

I bought an ms271, after seeing some of the post here - gracias
    a5c7b3a982f48bfbfa53a5c680b6de09.jpg

823c9ce14d45a7b24a07e16d0e00e53e.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom