• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Wife had been friends with a guy in high school and he was returning from Iraq and invited us over to hang out when he got back(I had gone to the range with him before, seemed like an alright guy). For the story we will call him Mike. He mentioned something about having gotten a 1911 from a friend and asked if I'd look it over and let him know if he got a good deal.

A week or so later mike is back and we go over to hang out, have a few drinks. He gets up to go to the bathroom and returns with the 1911. I tell him I'll look at it another time, we've both had half a dozen beers in a couple hours but I'm getting to the point where I'm not going to risk driving so I know I don't want someone in the same condition handling a firearm. He said he made sure it wasn't loaded(still not feeling comfortable because I didn't confirm it myself). I said I couldn't give him an accurate assumption without taking it to the range so just put it up and we'll get it out when we are sober. He continues to rack the slide and sweep the room. At this point I'm furious. In a raised voice I demand that he put the f***ing gun down. I didn't wait for him to react so I place my left hand over the slide and force it towards the ground. I then heard the unmistakable sound of the firearm discharging. I remember the smell of the powder and feeling cold. Looked at my hand in shock and only saw red. I couldn't feel pain, my hand just felt cold. The wife asked if she should call 911 and I said no, just drive me to the ER(was just thinking about the bill and didn't know if I'd ever see any money out of this guy). A rather larger friend of mine who had come with my wife and I picked up the gun and said he'd wait there until police arrived. He called us at the hospital, asked how I was and said that shortly after I left mike tripped and fell into the door. Don't know if I believe it or not being that he ended up with a broken nose, broken jaw, and bruised ribs. On the other hand, those doors can really get you sometimes...

I know its worthless without a pic but figured I'd let you guys decide if a pic should be posted or not. Not too gory but not pretty either.

Last edited:

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    Wife had been friends with a guy in high school and he was returning from Iraq and invited us over to hang out when he got back(I had gone to the range with him before, seemed like an alright guy). For the story we will call him Mike. He mentioned something about having gotten a 1911 from a friend and asked if I'd look it over and let him know if he got a good deal.

A week or so later mike is back and we go over to hang out, have a few drinks. He gets up to go to the bathroom and returns with the 1911. I tell him I'll look at it another time, we've both had half a dozen beers in a couple hours but I'm getting to the point where I'm not going to risk driving so I know I don't want someone in the same condition handling a firearm. He said he made sure it wasn't loaded(still not feeling comfortable because I didn't confirm it myself). I said I couldn't give him an accurate assumption without taking it to the range so just put it up and we'll get it out when we are sober. He continues to rack the slide and sweep the room. At this point I'm furious. In a raised voice I demand that he put the f***ing gun down. I didn't wait for him to react so I place my left hand over the slide and force it towards the ground. I then heard the unmistakable sound of the firearm discharging. I remember the smell of the powder and feeling cold. Looked at my hand in shock and only saw red. I couldn't feel pain, my hand just felt cold. The wife asked if she should call 911 and I said no, just drive me to the ER(was just thinking about the bill and didn't know if I'd ever see any money out of this guy). A rather larger friend of mine who had come with my wife and I picked up the gun and said he'd wait there until police arrived. He called us at the hospital, asked how I was and said that shortly after I left mike tripped and fell into the door. Don't know if I believe it or not being that he ended up with a broken nose, broken jaw, and bruised ribs. On the other hand, those doors can really get you sometimes...

I know its worthless without a pic but figured I'd let you guys decide if a pic should be posted or not. Not too gory but not pretty either.

Post it up.....we've all seen blood before

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Got a new bb gun for Christmas. First time out, aimed at the first bird I saw and to my horror - I killed it.
    Never forgot that.

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Memorialized in your avatar?

I don't literally laugh out loud very often when surfing the internet but when I went back to the previous page and seen the avatar my daughter had to ask me what was so funny. That was a good one!

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012

Did it just burn you or you actually got shot? Was your hand also in front of the barrel?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I was using the john while packing my little amt backup in an Uncle mikes IWB holster, the soft ones that look like velour. Well wouldn't you know it the gun slips out, falls in the toilet and I pee on it.....Not very long after that the same thing happened to my cell phone too.

ar1973

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Story ,IN
    about 18 years ago I bought a new Ruger Vaquero 44-40 took it to the range shot it, everything was good.I, also had few other guns with me not paying attention shot all the ammo for them including my carry gun but had a half a box of ammo for the Ruger so I loaded it up for the ride home (just in case). Well got home my wife and I live in an apartment at the time, took everything in to clean them my wife was in the bath tub I was in the kitchen .I put the Vaquero on half cock to unload it out came the first 2 rounds when I turned the cylinder for round # 3 the hammer slipped off half cock and discharged into the flood thankfully we lived on the bottom floor, my wife came running I was shaking didn't know what happened , I took it back to the shop where i bought it they sent it in and it had a defective hammer. Ruger sent it back to the shop and it never came back home withe me I traded it for a 1911. whoo bad memories just typing that

fireman28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    I was out with a friend and his buddy. His buddy was showing me how the de cocker worked on his loaded 9mm. He pulled back the hammer, aimed it at friend, and pushed the de cocker and the hammer slammed down. Happened real quick and I've never seen my friend jump so high. I don't trust safety devices that much.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I was out with a friend and his buddy. His buddy was showing me how the de cocker worked on his loaded 9mm. He pulled back the hammer, aimed it at friend, and pushed the de cocker and the hammer slammed down. Happened real quick and I've never seen my friend jump so high. I don't trust safety devices that much.

You might want to looks for some new friends. Pointing it in a safe direction is one thing. Pointing it at someone else is stupid.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom