• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I was out with a friend and his buddy. His buddy was showing me how the de cocker worked on his loaded 9mm. He pulled back the hammer, aimed it at friend, and pushed the de cocker and the hammer slammed down. Happened real quick and I've never seen my friend jump so high. I don't trust safety devices that much.

F that!

:xmad:

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    yeah.. bout blew my dad foot off the first time i went rabbit hunting. had the .410 pointed at the ground at least. i let the hammer go forward a wee bit too fast. my hands were friggin cold.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Did it just burn you or you actually got shot? Was your hand also in front of the barrel?

the bullet did go through my hand. Pieces of the powder were embedded in my hand for days. I footed the bill initially but after insurance it was only $167 because there wasn't much they could do for me. Washed my hand off, told me my tetanus shot was current, and gave me a scrip for hydrocodone. I went back over to "Mike's", showed him the bill and he gave me $250 to keep from paying the court fees and my attorney's fees. I am very lucky that only that very small area was covering the barrel. As you all have said, it could have been much worse had it hit muscle or bone. Today it is hardly noticeable to the eye but there is a significant amount of pain felt when deep pressure it applied.

6 weeks later
    IMAG0428.jpg

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Got a new bb gun for Christmas. First time out, aimed at the first bird I saw and to my horror - I killed it.
    Never forgot that.

I have VERY sharp memory of the first bird I shot (a starling). I didn't think the bird would be so ... dead. #'s 2+ wasn't so bad though.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I placed the base(cap nipple end down) of a barrel of a .32cal black powder rifle in a container of moose milk for a time less than a day. Can anyone tell me the result of that brain cramp? Horror...
    We have a MOOSE Lodge in Rensselaer. There, "Moose Milk"=B E E R !
    :cheers:

daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg
    When I was 16 I was hunting with my uncle and cousins in WV on my families farm. You can use rifles to hunt there, and I was using a .222 that my Grandpa kept on our farm. It's a bolt action, IDK the brand. the safety sits on top of the handle and you slide it forward with your thumb to release it. We were hunting from the loft of an old barn. We had been sitting out there all day and hadn't seen anything, so we decided to head back to the farm house. My uncle checked the rifles to make sure they were all unloaded, then went down the ladder. My cousins went down, and then I proceeded to hand the rifles down, stock first. I handed down the .222 last, to my cousin (who is a little short). When reaching for the rifle he grabbed it on the grip, and accidentally tripped the safety with his thumb. That rifle has the lightest trigger pull ever, you can actually rap your fist against the stock and it will fire. The rifle apparently was still loaded (should have checked it myself, live and learn). It went off, the round grazed me on the right temple and up my right forearm. A decade later I still have powder in my arm to remind me to always check my own gun.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Not really horror stories but a few that will make you pucker.

#1 Working as a range officer at an "open shoot" myself and the range owner were pulling a few guns off the line for cool-down & maintenance (they'd been ran hard that day). I grabbed an AR15 (no mag in it) racked the charging handle a couple times and handed it to him to lube etc. He racked the charging handle a couple times as well, pointed it in a safe direction and dropped the hammer, "BOOM". I turned around with a WTF was that thought and he said, "I thought it seemed a little weird when I pulled the charging handle back". As it turns out there was a case stuck in with the rim stripped off (or maybe a faulty extractor?) and I didn't visually check, and neither did he. No harm was done, just a good ole fashioned learnin' experience.

#2 Going deer hunting with my RRA .458 SOCOM I was loading up the rifle. Put the mag in, pointed it in a safe direction and released the bolt, "BOOM". WTF? Later inspection of the gun revealed a burr around the firing pin hole in the bolt. This burr set the round off when it slammed home. It had never done this to me before in the many rounds of practice ammo I'd fired, but it just so happened that it did it that day. I removed the firing pin and used some emery clothe to clean up the burr and haven't had another problem since.

#3 Every time my brother tells me he bought a new gun. I always tell him to call me first and I'll let him know if it's a good deal or not. But he never calls and he always seems to pay new price for a used gun that needs $100 in parts to get it working good. :ugh: My younger brother and dad have it figured out, they always call me about this gun or that gun etc, but older one, well... I'm not quite sure... his latest acquisition was a $450 Highpoint carbine

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Me too. I once owned a Sigma.
    I've owned two, the original SW40F (which was stolen) and an SW40E (night sights), its replacement. I still have it. It is actually a very good gun, despite its detractors. It was my primary carry for ten years. I've got about 3K rounds through them, about 2/3 through the original SW40F. I carry a $1K Five-seveN now, but occasionally I will strap that newer Sigma on.

Top Bottom