• ...and so much more!
  • Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Well, I can tell you that the Kimber Super Carry Custom HD is worth every penny! Definitely worth saving up your pennies over!

I found a good deal on the second one ($1250 total) and could not pass it up. As it turns out, the trigger on the second one is nicer than the first.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Well, I can tell you that the Kimber Super Carry Custom HD is worth every penny! Definitely worth saving up your pennies over!

I found a good deal on the second one ($1250 total) and could not pass it up. As it turns out, the trigger on the second one is nicer than the first.

"Very pretty, Colonel, Very pretty, But, can they fight?" - Donald Sutherland, Dirty Dozen

Very nice looking pistol. I haven't shot a Kimber but I hear good things about them. Congrats on finding what you wanted.

ru6797

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    Niles
    I have never had a kimber, don't know why, you either love then or hate them from what i can see, I have a lot of nice handguns and always consider carrying one or the other but just keep going back to my glocks and all the others just become safe queens

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, the more I carry her and actually handle the pistol, the more convinced I am it was the right move.

There's just nothing there I could improve for my tastes. I have always like 1911s, but each of the others had some sharp edge or extra it needed or finish to worry about or configuration I wanted to change.

Kimber got this one right in my book.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Well, to me, reasonably means is the pistol worth the price tag?

I paid $1500 for my first one and $1250 for the second one.

Both were reasonably priced for what I got.

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    I second the finish problem, i recently picked up a ultra cdp II and i can scratch the finish off with my fingernail. It is an alloy frame, im sure your steel frame will be just fine. Just frustrating having your brand new $1300 pistol that the finish chips off of.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Sorry to hear of your experience with the finish.

If I run into a similar problem, I will send them down to Walter Birdsong for his Black T finish or something similar.

Since the gun is stainless, I am not too worried about corrosion. I do agree that I don't want finish chipping off of my pistol.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Congrats! Beautiful gun. I never get too worried about the finish on a carry gun myself, any more than I care about the finish on a new hammer. The gun is a tool. Yes, I'd like it to last. I have plenty of safe queens. My EDC's are not safe queens. You made a fine choice! Enjoy!

Top Bottom