• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    I guess this means any armed group with missles support from ships and fighter jet that bombs the bad guys home all bases and military bases and takes out most of the troups, can win. O.K. now on the next nato mission, Syria. Then when we are done their onto Iran, then they will work their was here!!

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    if they get rid of the big guy we will really see what kind of people they are.. im not holding my breath. as soon as they have finished him they will turn on each other. its what they do...

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I just hope that someone steps for peacekeeping other than us. I think that we are stretched to thin.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't think there are going to be peacekeepers involved. No-one seems to want to put troops on the ground and the rebels already have the beginnings of a caretaker government to step in. I think you might see some support from France, Britain and the US in advice capacity and maybe even money, but I don't see much involvement beyond that, now. Hopefully NATO will be able to stop their involvement and that will remove us from the day to day things going on.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Deliberate NATO misinformation?

21.08.2011 Eyewitnesses dismiss rebel advances on Tripoli as misinformation

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfgE3sEzOZI[/ame]

Bullets Over Tripoli: 'Media feeds fear as NATO fights war on Libya'
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iroUkvyu-Q[/ame]

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I hope the rebel take over tripoli
    Well, they were celebrating in Green Square last night, (now re-re-named back to Martyr's Square), which was the scene of all of Ghaddaffi's loyalist gatherings. And, as of this morning, it looks like they have most of Tripoli under their control. There are reports of fighting around Ghaddaffi's compound, an I'd guess that's where the sticking point will be for awhile. No doubt they'll drag him out sometime soon.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Interesting note from the Telegraph in India:

BLEAK FUTURE

The West is thus expected to get more embroiled in the internal politics of the Arab world, especially with errant states like Syria reneging on pledges made to the United Nations with little fear of reprisal. ........The US president may have plans to quit Afghanistan in the near future, but his country’s tryst with the Arab world is unlikely to end any time soon.​

This is exactly the type of world view that the U.S. needs to move away from. People have gotten to the point where they roll their eyes and think, Oh great, ANOTHER reason for the U.S. to deploy troops in our area of the world....:noway:

Too bad so many people put more value on international borders and political control than they do our own border security and political interest groups.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Oh joy! We'll finally get to see which [STRIKE]Muslim Brotherhood Member[/STRIKE] popular opposition political fighter the [STRIKE]Oil Tycoons[/STRIKE] the people pick to "Lead Lybia to Freedom and Democracy" :rolleyes:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't know about that. At least an insane dictator will be deposed. That's a step in the right direction. The people of Libya will decide what happens and what they become.

There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit.
    "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically.
    "We'll see," the farmer replied.
    The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses.
    "How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed.
    "We'll see," replied the old man.
    The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune.
    "We'll see," answered the farmer.
    The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.
    "We'll see" said the farmer.

Muj beat soviets, give rise to Taliban and Al Queda

Shah of Iran overthrown, Ayatollah installed and Sharia Law instituted.

Sadaam Hussein overthrows Iraqi government during the Baathist Revolution. US supports Sadaam against the USSR.

etc. etc. etc...

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago

You left out the most important part of the parable, "Who knows what is good and what is bad?"

The Farmer parable is about understanding that the true significance of events can't be understood as they are taking place and every event has elements of both good and bad. Once you place a value of either Good or Bad on an event you defeat the meaning of the parable.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I don't know about that. At least an insane dictator will be deposed. That's a step in the right direction. The people of Libya will decide what happens and what they become.

Oh, good. A mob of people used to living under a tyrannical dictator will surely make a solid, well-informed decision that will impact them and their children for several generations.

Or they'll muck it up like anyone would under the circumstances.

Top Bottom