• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Top Airline Conspiracy Theories

The Miracle on the Hudson
    The Conspiracy Theory: It's worth noting that many of the theorists involved here are commercial airline pilots, a fact that adds at least some credibility to the questions in that they're posed by knowledgeable industry insiders, not sci-fi fans or anarchists. It stands to reason, then, that the pilots' most valid questions are of a technical nature (how is it possible that the flock of birds knocked out two engines but did not damage the nose of the plane? How could twenty survivors stand on the wing of a plane without collapsing it?)

The Real Story: Flocks of birds caused engine failure three minutes after Flight 1549 took off; the plane crash landed in the Hudson River.

Since the pilots presumably are not media experts or photographers, their theories lose steam when they discuss inconsistent news reports (why have some photos of the event been Photoshopped? Why are the photos 'fuzzy' and 'distant' when the event occurred in such a central and easily accessible location?) Plus, there's the fact that hundreds of people actually witnessed the event as it occurred.
    Just passing on what I read. Didn't say I believe it. :)

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    a while back some idiot took pictures of one of the mock iraq training villages at Camp Atterbury and posted them on you tube as a fema concetraction camp, I was working at Atterbury when that happened and have been in said area, i can personally testify that it houses no one but plastic dumbies painted to look like terrorists, the feds didnt take to kind to it but since then, two or three times a week the MPs will catch so idiot trying to take pictures from the road out side of the base or trying to sneak in to get pics, complete idiots, dont reccomend trying it, its a federal offense btw.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    There is a good write-up in the Legion magazine this month about the mock training center in southern Indiana that is being used to train soldiers in urban combat.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    They don't need camps. You are being "re-educated" on a daily basis, you just aren't aware of it for the most part. If you can find the time, do yourself a favor and read The People's Pottage by Garet Garrett.
    The revolution went by in the night of depression, singing songs of freedom.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just got back from my re-education seminar. They say I should tell everyone that I love them and give them my money. Then they told me that Red is the new Patriot color. Also, be wary of anyone quoting the Founders. They're all traitors and should be shot on sight. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    a while back some idiot took pictures of one of the mock iraq training villages at Camp Atterbury and posted them on you tube as a fema concetraction camp, I was working at Atterbury when that happened and have been in said area, i can personally testify that it houses no one but plastic dumbies painted to look like terrorists, the feds didnt take to kind to it but since then, two or three times a week the MPs will catch so idiot trying to take pictures from the road out side of the base or trying to sneak in to get pics, complete idiots, dont reccomend trying it, its a federal offense btw.

My only question is this: Why use fake plastic dummies - when we've got the real McCoy at Gitmo?? :D and no one knows what to do with 'em???

So if purple is sarcasm - is half sarcasm supposed to be in Lavender??? :popcorn:

3dollarpistol

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Hey, BluTile, good citations!!

But I'd give a lot more credit to the pilots, in that it was not a CRASH landing. It was a dead-stick landing on water, and DAMNED perfect at that!! $3.00

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Didn't you know about Camp Kingsbury?

campkingsbury.png

HELL MAN!
    tin-foil-hat.jpg

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't get it.

On one hand, everybody here says "It's our right to bear arms to keep the government in check!"

On the other hand, if someone posts an article that implies that the government may be making long term plans for war against you, you say that's crazy! Tin foil hat!

Sounds like everybody is preparing for a situation, but when the situation presents itself, you deny that it exists. Where's Sigmund Freud when you need him?

Is it really that hard to believe that they may actually be preparing detention camps? We did it to the Japanese in WWII. Hitler did it big time. It's been done over and over again. But when someone says it may happen to you, they get labeled a conspiracy theorist.

Scary.

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't get it.

On one hand, everybody here says "It's our right to bear arms to keep the government in check!"

On the other hand, if someone posts an article that implies that the government may be making long term plans for war against you, you say that's crazy! Tin foil hat!

Is it really that hard to believe that they may actually be preparing detention camps? We did it to the Japanese in WWII. Hitler did it big time. It's been done over and over again. But when someone says it may happen to you, they get labeled a conspiracy theorist.

Scary.

We are not making fun of him due to the fact we think this is something that the Government may or may not due...
    We are not doubting that some of the elected officials may be plotting something against the American people...

The Kingsbury is a foreign training ground that is what we are making fun of... Look at how close the surrounding communities are and some of the other facilities that share the ground. This is beyond far fetched. It is the fact that people will not do any research at all, but just spam post this kinda of worthless stuff. This is what gets people labeled as conspiracy theorists.

:twocents:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    wait wait wait... fema has a campground... is it like the KOA camp ground or is it like versailles or turkey run?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Not saying it makes a difference one way or another , back in WWII Atterbury was a huge POW camp as well as a regional training facility .

In 1995 the base perimeter was 9 X 13 miles but I've heard it's expanded since then . :dunno:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    the feds didnt take to kind to it but since then, two or three times a week the MPs will catch so idiot trying to take pictures from the road out side of the base or trying to sneak in to get pics, complete idiots, dont reccomend trying it, its a federal offense btw.

Is it a federal offense to take pictures from the road or to attempt to sneak in? Sneaking in I can see. But taking pictures from off base?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Is it a federal offense to take pictures from the road or to attempt to sneak in? Sneaking in I can see. But taking pictures from off base?

Unless the laws changed, no. We stood at the gates of Ft. Knox and my dad snapped about 20 pictures of the base, right in front of the gate, while we sat in the van at the entrance. :dunno: I've also taken my own pictures of Atterbury while inside the gates and while sitting just off the road. No one said a word to me and this was recently.

I'd say as long as you can see it on Google Maps, you're good to go.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nope. Photography is not a crime and security doesn't trump your rights. If you can see something from a public space then there is no expectation of privacy, no matter what a cop or security guard may say. There's been plenty of case law on the matter and it's all in favour of the picture taker.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Nope. Photography is not a crime and security doesn't trump your rights. If you can see something from a public space then there is no expectation of privacy, no matter what a cop or security guard may say. There's been plenty of case law on the matter and it's all in favour of the picture taker.

Unless posted otherwise.
    Note, "Use of actual deadly force authorized"
    :rolleyes:

area51sign.gif

cammo-1152.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Unless posted otherwise.
    Note, "Use of actual deadly force authorized"
    :rolleyes:

area51sign.gif

cammo-1152.jpg
    Notice I said "public space". It's painfully obvious that the people who took these pics a: were not murdered by enforcers and b. did not have their property stolen or c. were not arrested. The fact that the pics exist prove my point.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Notice I said "public space". It's painfully obvious that the people who took these pics a: were not murdered by enforcers and b. did not have their property stolen or c. were not arrested. The fact that the pics exist prove my point.

What makes that picture even more funny is that it looks like they parked their explorer on top of the hill first then snapped the picture.

Of course, they could now be sitting in some dark hole being interrogated as we speak after they uploaded the picture.... :dunno: Just a thought...

Top Bottom