• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I worked afternoon shift Friday and right back in on day shift at 0500 Sat. morning, I was home at 1330 and asleep by 1400.

About 1630 my family comes in the bedroom and says theres a car out at the road and either looking thru binos or a camera at our house. My wife went out the front door and the car went down a driveway or two and turned around. This gave me time to get dressed and grab my G19.

I went out the back door and by the time I got in the truck, the car had stopped in front of the house and was now driving away. I backed out the drive (200') backwards in record time, did a "J" turn squealing the 20" tires as I drove away in chase....

I passed the car and slammed on the brakes, angling my truck to block the road...... Of course we are all thinking its someone casing our house, nope a lady in her 60s taking pics of houses on a couple of rural roads for real estate comps.... WTF broad daylight on a Sat taking pics in front of houses !!!

Anyhow, she showed me the list, had different roads with names, addresses, mortgage co. names etc..... she had her real estate id/ card.I told her that they should call ahead first and at least give notice of what they will be doing. She was just about crying saying you didnt have to chase me down and stop me like that..... yeah well family first, MINE !!! I had my sidearm holstered, not sure if she saw it or not.

Ironic thing was the first car stopped on the other side of my truck was a deputys charger, I walked over recognized him as he did me, I knew his Dad real well when he worked for the town police. Told him what happened, he offered to talk to her but I said it was alright just drive by slow and wave your finger in a "NO" motion.... which he did.

I doubt they will send a woman back out in the redneck rural area to take pics......

My 20 y/o son is off on work due to a broken foot so he was backing me up from inside the house with his AR & ACOG, Mom asked him if he got away, he said no, Dad has him, and theres a sheriff that just rolled up too.

Very intersting, good to get the prepper exercise too. The whole family was on alert and involved, good to have backup.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Sounds...like a really aggressive response to what amounts to tourist activity, and one that could have ended in jail time for you in a lot of ways.
    Glad your family is alert but if they could make binos or a camera couldn't they see it was a 60's year old woman?

Also...when would you prefer she be taking pictures of houses besides in broad daylight in the afternoon?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "I passed the car and slammed on the brakes, angling my truck to block the road...... Of course we are all thinking its someone casing our house, nope a lady in her 60s taking pics of houses on a couple of rural roads for real estate comps.... WTF broad daylight on a Sat taking pics in front of houses !!!"

I'm not sure but if somebody were to do this to me they would most likely be 3.5 lbs away from being perforated. Perhaps just a "touch" of over reaction on your part? Living in the sticks myself I understand your concern but perhaps a tail and a call to the local leo might have been mor appropriate?

Glocker 400

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Chasing a car and blocking it on a public street or highway is a good way to get shot. You are the lucky one, not her.

Anyone can take any picture they want from the public roadway, whether you like it or not. I do investigations for my job where I sometimes take pictures of various things in public. Seriously, if you had done this to me, I'd be finding out firsthand how good Federal HST ammo is.

You seriously, seriously screwed up. Not trying to be a douche, just telling to you check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    OP

If the lady taking pics was on a public road and never set foot on your property, who were you to try and detain?

Maybe she had family ties to the history of your residence, or thought she did.

IMHO the OP is lucky he didn't get rammed or shot.

You rednecks might just get more than you bargain for..............well maybe not, if you stick to harassing 60 yr old women.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    I passed the car and slammed on the brakes, angling my truck to block the road...... Of course we are all thinking its someone casing our house, nope a lady in her 60s taking pics of houses on a couple of rural roads for real estate comps.... WTF broad daylight on a Sat taking pics in front of houses !!!

Uh, since when is it a crime to take pictures of houses from a public road? :dunno:

1forguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Old lady probably crapped her draws after the encounter.....guessing you're right about her future picture endevours...

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Uh, since when is it a crime to take pictures of houses from a public road? :dunno:

Since this is Merica'
    and now more than ever we gots to protect whats ours
    1st it's old ladies doing comps for real estate from a public roadway next it'llbe Nazis at our door step raping out women and stealing our horses.
    Hell no, not on my watch!

i don't do the purple sarcasm letters, but trust me, it's all sarcasm up there!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow. OP, you're lucky the deputy was oblivious and a family friend. You could, and probably should, have ended up in jail. You really need to reflect on what you did wrong. Next time you might not be so lucky.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Everyone is being overly delicate to this guy. This was a terrible idea. You're right, this was a felony stop... You were committing felony confinement. Your son may have committed a felony for pointing his loaded AR at someone.

Wow, quite a few responses that weren't overly delicate just in the time it took me to type this.

again, where did the negative rep button go?

Top Bottom