• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So can you go step by step on how you went from what you had to what you have? Did you happen to create an image of the Windows partition before you started?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    These were the steps that I took. Following the ones where Windows was already installed. I did not create an Image of the Windows partition before I started.

Dual-Boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu in Perfect Harmony

Well, you said you already did the windows repair thing so I don't know. Maybe create an image of the current windows partition and then reinstall windows. If it then works maybe that tells you some things. And you can always wipe it and re-image.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    have you ruled out malware? If not, try hitman pro. surfright.nl it's free for 30 days. i hope you figure it out, and if you do, let us know. I've got nothing else to try.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    This is impossible. I reset the computer to factory, which took out linux, and it is still running slower than any other computer on the network. Then I reset my router back to factory defaults, and it was doing the same thing. Then I created a new network, and yet still, it does not run at the speed it used to.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I still say HD.

Ran chkdsk, and now I am running UBCD and doing a full hard drive scan just to make sure nothing is wrong with the hard drive. After that, I am putting in a USB wireless adapter, and disabling the onboard one. It is all I can think of left.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Well, according to three separate hard drive tests on UBCD my hard drive is perfect. So I did the next thing, I stuck in an old 2008ish USB wireless adapter in and disabled the onboard one. Here is the speed I am getting with the 2008ish USB wireless adapter.

3705498711.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, according to three separate hard drive tests on UBCD my hard drive is perfect. So I did the next thing, I stuck in an old 2008ish USB wireless adapter in and disabled the onboard one. Here is the speed I am getting with the 2008ish USB wireless adapter.

3705498711.png

11 Mb/s up? I hate you.

Seriously, about the problem? It has to be some kind of driver issue that somehow happened because of the process of setting up the dual boot. The hardware works fine with Ubuntu.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    11 Mb/s up? I hate you.

Seriously, about the problem? It has to be some kind of driver issue that somehow happened because of the process of setting up the dual boot. The hardware works fine with Ubuntu.

I know, that makes perfect sense. But if it were a driver issue, that should have been solved when the computer was restored to factory condition.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you're going to have to chalk it up to Amish demons and go forward with what works.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Dang, should I be upset your HD is not broke? :dunno: It was a good guess.

Is there a firmware update for the wireless card, and have you tried a wired connection?

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    I know, that makes perfect sense. But if it were a driver issue, that should have been solved when the computer was restored to factory condition.
    where are you getting the drivers for the wireless nic? are you letting windows automatically install the drivers?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Are these drivers that came with it originally? or are they (recently updated) drivers which may have affected performance?

Top Bottom