• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lets see if what I think this means is what it does mean. So the AWB that Feinstein introduced is dead, but she can try to "piggy back" it in part into a separate bill? Just for clarification for myself...

Greg Garrison stated today that he believes that congress will do nothing. Rather Obama will do as FDR did and legislate via executive orders.

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    I believe so.. Isn't this exactly how it went down in 1993??

Here's what I posted earlier in regards to that:

Feinstein has assurance assault weapon ban will get a vote - Chicago Tribune

"Senator Dianne Feinstein said Majority Leader Harry Reid has promised that even if the assault weapons ban is left out of a broader package intended to curb gun violence, she will have the opportunity to offer it as an amendment on the Senate floor.

"Now, will it (gun violence legislation) only be assault weapons? No, most likely. There will be a package put together. If assault weapons is left out of the package ... I've been assured by the majority leader I'll be able to do it as an amendment on the (Senate) floor, which is the way I did it in 1993," Feinstein added."

This has also been stated as the best option for Dems in red states as they can vote for Universal Background Checks while going on record as opposing any AWB provision which will help ease the 2014 election kickback (can't find the link but read it this morning on Breitbart/Politico I think).

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    There will be no ban, no tax, no registration. Anyone who wants to thank me for being the voice of reason while the masses were crying about the sky falling, please feel free to do so.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Here's what I posted earlier in regards to that:

Feinstein has assurance assault weapon ban will get a vote - Chicago Tribune

"Senator Dianne Feinstein said Majority Leader Harry Reid has promised that even if the assault weapons ban is left out of a broader package intended to curb gun violence, she will have the opportunity to offer it as an amendment on the Senate floor.

"Now, will it (gun violence legislation) only be assault weapons? No, most likely. There will be a package put together. If assault weapons is left out of the package ... I've been assured by the majority leader I'll be able to do it as an amendment on the (Senate) floor, which is the way I did it in 1993," Feinstein added."

This has also been stated as the best option for Dems in red states as they can vote for Universal Background Checks while going on record as opposing any AWB provision which will help ease the 2014 election kickback (can't find the link but read it this morning on Breitbart/Politico I think).

She, along with Obama and Biden, can go choke on a steak at one of their many fancy dinners they go to while many Americans struggle to get on by.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    “Speaking is difficult but I need to say something important,” Giffords said. “Too many children are dying. We must do something. It will be hard, but the time is now. You must act. Be courageous, Americans are counting on you.”

About 500 children dying per year due to gunshot wounds, mostly accidental. About children 1,200,000 per year dying per year due to abortion, 100% of them intentional. You're right, we must do something. So yes, be courageous and address the problem. So far, that hasn't even started to happen. Stop the political dog and pony show. Guns are not the issue.

Amen brother.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    There will be no ban, no tax, no registration. Anyone who wants to thank me for being the voice of reason while the masses were crying about the sky falling, please feel free to do so.

Pack up guys, Pinchaser took care of it. No need to worry about our rights, it's not going to happen. Prices should drop within the hour.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Actually I remember it more like this.

I know I'm probably going to hell for that, but parading her around like this is a little nuts.

Repped for massive lolz that shook my house. Dint feel bad, I told Feinswine's fb p page what for a while back. Told her it was a shame she wasn't in Benghazi instead of Chris Stevens (RIP). She could've tried talking the real terrorists out of their "assault rifles".

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    “Speaking is difficult but I need to say something important,” Giffords said. “Too many children are dying. We must do something. It will be hard, but the time is now. You must act. Be courageous, Americans are counting on you.”

About 500 children dying per year due to gunshot wounds, mostly accidental. About children 1,200,000 per year dying per year due to abortion, 100% of them intentional. You're right, we must do something. So yes, be courageous and address the problem. So far, that hasn't even started to happen. Stop the political dog and pony show. Guns are not the issue.
    Here here! I'll second that!:yesway:

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    For any democrat like Leahy who lives in a rural state, voting for gun control is poitical suicide. This issue is not nearly as bi-partisan as it seems. Its more urban v. rural. Our democratic senator, Joe Donnelly, is pro-gun and was one of seventeen Democrats in the U.S. House to vote with the Republican majority for the criminal contempt of congress sanctions against US AG Eric holder for the fast and furious debacle.

rthatchjr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    This is now an ongoing battle, in the past we could rest and pay attention to other problems depending on who was in office. Now we will have to be on-guard every day, these people are starting the whole "lets get rid of the Constitution" crap, through our so called college professors!

Top Bottom