• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And the same thing will happen here, if it passes in the legislature. The DoJ has made its case and two courts have ruled that the law is out of bounds. The feds run the immigration system and the states can't preempt that. AZ is likely to take the case higher, to the supremes, but the results are likely to remain the same. The feds have plenty of precedent. Just look at medical marijuana laws. The states have said it's legal for sick people to use it as medicine, yet the feds keep imprisoning them. Big Brother is in control, like it or not.

Court upholds block on parts of Arizona immigration law - The Washington Post

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I agree with you that Big Brother is in control... However, I strongly disagree with the Arizona immigration law. :twocents:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    The problem isn't that the law will be struck down, it is that the Feds pick and choose which laws they will enforce. If the federal law was enforced, there wouldn't be a problem with illegal immigration in the first place. There especially wouldn't be cities/states acting as safe harbors for illegals and drug users.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I agree with you that Big Brother is in control... However, I strongly disagree with the Arizona immigration law. :twocents:
    I don't particularly care for it, either. Apparently, judges find it rather distasteful, too. My guess is that, regardless of how far AZ takes it that it's dead in the water. Can't help but wonder if Delph is watching this and wondering if he's made a terrible mistake using boilerplate for his version?

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    If Arizona and other states would simply fine employers to the extent that it was no longer profitable to employ illegals, there would soon be no illegals. Of course that would probably go though the same court process. Something has got to be done, whoever fixes it, gets my vote.

Top Bottom