• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I know the TSA would want to keep my scan. I'm HAWT!!!

These things are worthless as far as security goes, since they just "randomly (yeah right)" scan people.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone doing anything but complaining on a forum?

Off course not that is what us keyboard commandos do best. :D

I know the TSA would want to keep my scan. I'm HAWT!!!

These things are worthless as far as security goes, since they just "randomly (yeah right)" scan people.

It's already been shown (TV news report with video) that while it can detect a handgun being CCed it won't detect explosive materials. Thus the scan really defeats the purpose of keeping us safe. It's just a feel good measure like the "no guns allowed" sign at the front of the school.

Yup a sign is sure going to stop the crAzies from being crAzy! :faint:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    After reading that article again, I'm a bit confused. The scans that were discovered to have been saved were at a federal courthouse in Florida. The TSA has purchased the same machines which have the capability to save the scans but the article doesn't document that scans have, in fact, been kept by TSA?

Leaving aside the whole question of how well any type of non-invasive search technique will screen out a weapon/wmd, aside from anecdotal stories, is there any evidence that TSA is keeping these scans as a matter of policy?

I don't like being searched and I don't like having to strip myself of my various knives and tools just to get on an airplane (so I fly as little as possible), but unless someone has evidence that these things are being abused, aren't we making a fuss about...not much?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I would put my bomb in the checked luggage if I were a terrorist. Better chance of getting it on the plane, less chance of getting caught.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    After reading that article again, I'm a bit confused. The scans that were discovered to have been saved were at a federal courthouse in Florida. The TSA has purchased the same machines which have the capability to save the scans but the article doesn't document that scans have, in fact, been kept by TSA?

Correct in THIS article (OP link) the machine and incident occured in a courthouse. There was another post and article a few months back about machines in a US airport (I think in FL can't recall) in which the scanned images were being printed out and how one employee saved them to his personal drive (tumb drive I think).

Short story. When these machines first came out the gov said they do NOT have the capabilty to store/print the image. Yet these articles show otherwise.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Fully agreed. But then, I fly once every 5-10 years, so I don't have to deal with it.
    I'm sure that's exactly the mentality that has allowed this flagrant trashing of our civil liberties to occur.

"It doesn't affect me, so it's okay." "As long as it makes America safer." "Baa, baa, baa!":koolaid:

And for anyone who believed THEM when they said, "We'll instantly delete the images.", here you go again: :koolaid:

Once a digital file is on a drive, it stays on there even if they hit the delete key. Ask a member of the Geek Squad how it really works.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Again, I don't care who you are, those images should not be [STRIKE]saved, but instantly deleted.[/STRIKE] created.

fixed.

But they promised!! :rolleyes:

Sounds like every other government promise I've ever heard.

I'm just surprised it took this long.

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    You are allowed to opt out of going through the scan, and be patted down instead.

I have a relative who went through the scanner, and then ended up being patted down afterwards because the scanner image showed some grey spots.

Sometimes you just can't win...

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't know why we have to be patted down by the same sex officer.

I'd rather have a lady feeling all over me than some dude.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    Wow, high school educated power trip junkies are abusing their position. I am truely shocked. You are no safer now than you were 10 years ago. Now you just have to go through the hassle of long lines, slow service, and being treated like a felon everytime you need to conduct business or take the family on vacation. Give every pax a gun when the board the flight and see how many hijackings occur. It would be a lot simpler.

Not to mention that pilots are subject to the same screening as passengers. It makes no sense what-so-ever. But you cant fight the system. If you do you just end up unemployed.

I dont know who you fly for, but my company will fire anyone who gives TSA any problems. So I grit my teeth and deal with it. I miss the days of being respected and allowed to pass in my uniform with my ID carrying my coffee and breakfast.

Monday morning the fun begins again with a 4 day trip away from home. At least overseas we are still respected somewhat. :rolleyes:

But I disagree 100% with passengers allowed to carry on board. No way. If something like that happened, I would be finding a new job. Its hard for me to trust the air marshals much less passengers with no security clearances much less training. Nope. I think that would be a very bad idea.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    But I disagree 100% with passengers allowed to carry on board. No way. If something like that happened, I would be finding a new job. Its hard for me to trust the air marshals much less passengers with no security clearances much less training. Nope. I think that would be a very bad idea.

Am I the only one here who the irony...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Am I the only one here who the irony...

Nope... but then again suspect that PILOT has not read the reports that show that firing a handgun in a plane while in flight is not going to bring it down right then and there.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

INGO Open Carry Cigar Night is on 19 AUG 10
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...en_carry_cigar_night_aug_19_schererville.html

The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 OR 19 SEP 10 (go vote!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...590-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    Nope... but then again suspect that PILOT has not read the reports that show that firing a handgun in a plane while in flight is not going to bring it down right then and there.

Im not worried about that. I know they wont bring the plane down. What I worry about is the passenger who has a few drinks and decides to get stupid. We have enough to worry about up front without worrying about who has a gun in the back.

Its easy for someone to say how great it would be when they are sitting on the ground and making suppositions about what a great idea it would be. You are not the one who takes the responsibility of getting a plane full of people from point A to point B safely. Believe me, we have enough to worry about.

Top Bottom